Sign in to follow this  
sqjeep

Question about SA-12

My father is considering this driver. I want to know if you guys think it fits the bill for him.His system consists of the following.

HU- Kenwood....Soon to be replaced by an Alpine 9887

Amps- Front stage- US acoustics Usa 2100 running a pair of Alpine SPX-17REF in well sealed and dampened doors.

Sub amp - Us acoustics Usa-2150

The sub amp does 500 watts at 4 ohms. I'm sure it's a little underrated. How much not sure. My guess would be 550.

He listens to almost every type of music except hard core rap.....He can't stand it. BTW....The vehichle is an 04 Explorer.

Will the SA-12 be what he needs? Does he have enough power to get good sound from it? He is also stuck between a ported box or sealed. Is there another driver that he should consider?

Thanks in advance.

I would think it would be killer. get the sa12d4 run at 2ohms.iUSA 2150 150w x 2 250w x 2. have a question for you do you like the kdc-x692 in you sig.

Edited by draggnwagon

The Us acoustics amp he has is only 4 ohm stable bridged. The hu sounds pretty good but has very limited processing.....Going to replace it soon but very much worth the price.

for the hu i was thinking of the kdc-x493 dont need bells and whistles just a pause button and remote.

Don't know if this is the place to ask but why can't I estimate shipping for that driver in the store?

They are probably offering free shipping.

x2, some of the products in there store qualify for free shipping. Just look at the list next to the picture and it tells you right about voice coil options and under availability.

They are probably offering free shipping.

x2, some of the products in there store qualify for free shipping. Just look at the list next to the picture and it tells you right about voice coil options and under availability.

Can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks

Sign in to follow this