Aaron Clinton

Reputation feature

Rep System Explanation and Guidelines.

This is a newer feature to this site. It became active when we did the big software upgrade mid-2009. I did not lay out some rules as I felt this site's member base was capable of handling it like adults. The purpose is to either reward people who are taking the time out to really help the forum, in terms of topics or posts that are beneficial in information, or to give a warning to those posting negative or vastly incorrect information.

It is a nice little feature that can be a positive addition to new members, especially when they are looking for something they need, and they find it right here by one of our members, so +1. It is not a popularity contest, it is not a bashing contest, and it is not there to be used as an anonymous attack against someone you don't like or someone that had to correct your incorrect statement. I have stated a couple of times in passing that if it was abused, I will need to turn it off. A few of the moderators have voiced their opinion about turning it off, even the ones who are in the top 15 list on the front page of the forum, as they feel it would be abused.

Now this topic is being posted due to two members who will go unnamed at the moment, as I hope they see this as a polite heads up so I don't need to give them a warning on their account, approach them about the problem, or even be forced to go as far as having to remove their account privilege. This is a very respectful site with some of the best and most knowledgeable members in terms of car audio on the net, so please let's keep it that way and not be childish.

Guidelines:

• Don't abuse it
  • Don't use it to attack someone though anonymity
  • Use it when you feel someone has really contributed to the forum in terms of a great topic or post or idea.
  • Use it when you feel someone has grossly mislead the topic or OP in terms of the discussion.
  • Keep it civil
  • Use it in moderation

Please abide by those guidelines or we will be forced to give temporary time-outs to those that do, or even go so far as turning off the system. It is quite simple. :)

Added to my signature ;)

I hate it when the green and red + - hide parts of the signature or post...

About time, so lets see if these members actually follow the rules this time but I doubt it since they cant even follow the rules that were given to them when they joined this forum. Keep up the good work SSA. Sig also.

I turned off the negative marker for now so it does not hurt the people that are using the system for what it is intended for.

I'll add here as well, I think marking a post negative as non-helpful is better than marking one positive. People need to know what to ignore as much as what to read. In general I think it is much more obvious on what is good to read than what is not.

Another option would be to just remove the totals and make it look like they aren't kept.

Now we can't vote down dumbasses :(

I hate it when the green and red + - hide parts of the signature or post...

haha when this first started i thought the - was there to minimize that little tab, not knowing what they were doing there. i dont even remember what post it was on, so sorry on my part XD

So if there is a thread with 5 posts, 4 from which are right, I should mark them all with + so the zero ( 0 ) means it is not right? :suicide-santa:

Just return the -

Ok, the "-" is back. This should not be that big of a deal. If it is being abused again, please PM me and I will do something about it.

Someone keeps voting with - on jay-cee posts :shrug:

PS @ Duran ... your link Reputation Guidelines does not work properly.

Gotta watch myself :peepwall:

Nice addition.

Apparently a few people did not get the message.

Sandy vaginas will never get the message until they clean the sand out of there vaginas and grow up.

Apparently a few people did not get the message.

please call them out :ehh:

I just sent a polite message saying to knock it off.

I just got pm. lol j/k Really, I agree with having just negative rep on posts to show how retarded some advice are.

Apparently even after I asking nicely and one agreed, both did not listen. So one week time out for not respecting my request.

it's amazing how you can tell who reps who. Many people must not know that.

it's amazing how you can tell who reps who. Many people must not know that.

The software does not tell me, the forwarded PMs I was sent did.

Someone keeps voting with - on jay-cee posts :shrug:

PS @ Duran ... your link Reputation Guidelines does not work properly.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.