gadgeteer123

I got my new xcon YAY! here is my short review.

I just got my new ssa xcon today in the mail. i hooked it up in a 3.6 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32hz. It is only its test box until I can afford a proper enclosure. Its getting 1600rms from a hif\onics brutus amp, and this thing sounds great and goes loud, I will post up pictures and videos tomorrow once I fine tune it to the best it can get under the circumstances. I can't wait until I can get a new amp and enclosure this thing will rock. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Congrats on your sub purchase. :woot:

Mmmmm XCON :)

I tried, euro-dance which is similar to techno), I also tried rap and some bass testers. I kind of noticed it wasn't hitting anything above 50hz very well is it just because it isn't broken in yet? i can tell it does sound very stiff, it could also be because its not in its ideal enclosure yet. Give me ideas on how to improve on my setup before I do my video tomorrow.

it will take a while to get those 5 spiders loosened up, but once it is you'll notice a difference in output. My 18's still aren't truly broken in yet and I really beat on them. with the little that they have broken in though, I have noticed a big difference in them.

also, what size sub is it you have? 15"?

I tried, euro-dance which is similar to techno), I also tried rap and some bass testers. I kind of noticed it wasn't hitting anything above 50hz very well is it just because it isn't broken in yet? i can tell it does sound very stiff, it could also be because its not in its ideal enclosure yet. Give me ideas on how to improve on my setup before I do my video tomorrow.

Whats your LPF set at?

the 15" its in a full size 92 buick century station wagon on a stock alternator with 2 gauge wire, and a 1600rms amp. I wish I could see its full potential, that will have to wait until next month

if you like the low stuff, put it in a 4.0ft^3 tuned @ 30hz with 60in^2 of port and you will really love it.

Give it a little time to break in, as it will get even better. Awesome choice on sub woofer BTW. :)

i am currently uploading my xcon vids, stick around I will have the link posted in 10-20 minutes.

i am currently uploading my xcon vids, stick around I will have the link posted in 10-20 minutes.

Im around with the sticky.wink.gif Videos are always nice!

youtube takes forever to upload, butt he video are in dvd quality so they are big files. Just to let everyone know, the xcon isn't broken in yet, it isn't in its ideal enclosure, and its only getting 1600rms from a hifonics brutus amp. But it is still loud, I will post more vids in about a month once I get everything set-up correctly.

its till uploading, so at this rate it will take another 20-60 minutes, sorry for the wait., i have 10,000k internet and yet it takes forever....

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Here are the rest of them, sorry about the quality youtube just isn't that great.

here is my first video, of it I will post more soon

Where is your crossover set at?

You forgot to name the video. ;)