gadgeteer123

I got my new xcon YAY! here is my short review.

I can't wait until i can get a good amp and proper enclosure, this thing will be awesome.

Bro, I just don't understand you, lol. You have the owner of the company that built the sub and someone who obviously works there and quite a few people who own the sub all telling you that you need to do something to make it sound better and you just blow them off like they have no idea what they are talking about. Like you really know better than the guy who built the sub lulz! Sounds to me like you need to learn how to tune your amp. Subs aren't meant to play that high. I could hear voice in your sub in the video. Not good. And your gain is obviously set to high if you hear distortion in your sub. Either that or your using bass boost or at worst both of these. There is no such thing as underpowering a sub. You can't try to push the amp further than it can comfortably go though. This is when your signal starts clipping, which is the cause of your distortion. But since you are not that much of a noob and got it under control, I'm sure it will work out just fine for you. LULZ. :suicide-santa:

The video, was a break-in video, I was trying to break it in, I do not have a driver license, it was in my car for 40 minutes and then I had to take it back out, so I had no time to truly adjust it or anything.

So sorry, I have no chance to re-adjust shit after the video, since the sub is currently sitting in my living room. I don't get my license back until april.

You don't need to break them in.

If I don't need to break them in then why was it louder the second day of playing music, with the same settings?

Also, where all the responses to my vids?? I want some talk in here :)

Needing (or not needing) to break them in with some sort of patterned playing has nothing to do with the sub becoming louder the second day. The reason it got louder the second day is because it broke itself in. If you would have played it at a lower volume level the first day, it would have taken 3-4 days to break in to the point of being louder like it was the second day.

I have a ?, How badly does the fact that I have a 85amp stock alternator in my car affect my amplifier? It is re-wired, I don't see the voltage drop no more than a max of 1 volt, but I know my amp is drawing 165-190 amps, since it is 1600rms.

????

It is bad in the sense that it will likely overload quickly and the amp will start drawing straight battery power. If you are reading the dash voltmeter as your basis for saying it only goes down 1 volt, that may be correct. Some of those voltmeters don't react fast enough to show you the true depth of voltage fluctuations. Either that or your resting voltage is only 13 volts and then it drops down to the battery's 12 volts and that's the 1 volt drop you're seeing, or else you just aren't drawing as many amps as you think, as Denim mentioned. Because it is physically impossible for an 85 amp alternator to provide 14 volts continuously to an amplifier drawing over 165 amps. You would HAVE to dip into the battery storage, and at that point the voltage could not be more than 12-12.5.

You don't need to break them in.

If I don't need to break them in then why was it louder the second day of playing music, with the same settings?

Also, where all the responses to my vids?? I want some talk in here :)

Needing (or not needing) to break them in with some sort of patterned playing has nothing to do with the sub becoming louder the second day. The reason it got louder the second day is because it broke itself in. If you would have played it at a lower volume level the first day, it would have taken 3-4 days to break in to the point of being louder like it was the second day.

Well I know that now, I just need a license :( I can't wait to listen to this thing again.

I was using the built in dash voltmeter, I know before I re-wired the alternator it would dip down to 10 volts, but now it doesn't go below 13 I know its still to low, but i'm waiting until I get my cadillac to make it awesome.

I have been powering my xcon inside my living room, with 250 watts and its really starting to break in well, my mom who is my neighbor called me today saying she could hear it. her house is 150-200 feet away from mine.

Wow its really starting to break-in, i have been running 16hz sine waves on repeat, and I can actually hear the 16hz note, with 250-300watts of power. its not very noticeable but it is defiantly there. I can feel my couch flexing a little while I am sitting on it 10 feet away.

I am surprised there are so few responses, its a xcon, where the replies, and wow's and stuff?? i thought you guys loved this stuff.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

You know you guys mentioned that you heard voices coming from my sub in the video, i watched the video, and listened, that wasn't from the sub that was from my back speakers, my back 6x9's are crossovered at 40hz with a lot of bass boost.

Wow its really starting to break-in, i have been running 16hz sine waves on repeat, and I can actually hear the 16hz note, with 250-300watts of power. its not very noticeable but it is defiantly there. I can feel my couch flexing a little while I am sitting on it 10 feet away.

I am surprised there are so few responses, its a xcon, where the replies, and wow's and stuff?? i thought you guys loved this stuff.

No you can't. You can hear harmonics of what is being excited by the sub, but definitely not 16Hz.

No you can't. You can hear harmonics of what is being excited by the sub, but definitely not 16Hz.

You seem to (understandably) ride this guy pretty hard. What happened to that Minnesota nice I see advertised?

I may be mistaken, this was in my home that I heard 16hz I couldn't here it in the living room very well, but if i went into the next room I could hear this really low deep rumble the lowest I could hear when testing this was 15hz anything lower wasn't hearable. It wasn't loud but I could hear the deep bass. at the same volume setting if i played 30hz it was 3 times as loud, so It was turned up pretty high to achieve a quiet deep rumble.

Humans can hear under 20hz if the conditions are correct, I could hear test tones down to 15hz in the next room, and here is a quote from an article. ""Specifically in humans, we have a maximum aural range of 12 Hz under ideal laboratory conditions""

I ran a bunch of hearing tests, I can easily hear up to 17,000hz and if I crank the volume I can barely hear 22,000hz. And I can easily hear down to 20hz but with volume cranked again I could hear down to 13hz before I couldn't hear anything. This was done with sony's best dj grade headphones with a flat frequency response from 5hz-24,000hz.

Humans can hear under 20hz if the conditions are correct, I could hear test tones down to 15hz in the next room, and here is a quote from an article. ""Specifically in humans, we have a maximum aural range of 12 Hz under ideal laboratory conditions""

So your room and / or your headphones are ideal laboratory conditions ?

I ran a bunch of hearing tests, I can easily hear up to 17,000hz and if I crank the volume I can barely hear 22,000hz. And I can easily hear down to 20hz but with volume cranked again I could hear down to 13hz before I couldn't hear anything. This was done with sony's best dj grade headphones with a flat frequency response from 5hz-24,000hz.

Last time you were boasting you can hear well over 30khz.

i dont remember saying quite that high i might of but i don't think I did, and I did do my research this time, that is how i got these last results here, i actually took some tests and read the information. i'm sorry.

In other words you were full of shit before, now you still haven't tested shit but you did some research and think you are an ideal listener.

Your jacked. Stop posting BS. :( You can't hear it and no you don't have headphones that play 5Hz lol. Never boast post again, just makes you sound like even more of an idiot. Really sick of your nonsense.

You seem to (understandably) ride this guy pretty hard. What happened to that Minnesota nice I see advertised?

MN nice wore off about 200 of his posts ago. :( Not my doing but his.