j-roadtatts

deadening a sealed off truck?

4 members have voted

1. 1. should you deaden a sealed off trunk?

• yes, it will help me sleep @ night.
    • no, spend the money up front.

I am getting ready to built my next system and want to know what people think about deadening a sealed trunk? This is in a 99 Honda Acoord(Think pop can)and I will be forward firing my Fi BTL 15" and sealing the trunk off. I will be doing Second Skin Damplifer floor, doors(inner and outer), pillars, back deck and ceiling. I will probly also be doing Luxury liner Pro(luxury liner min.). I am getting ready to built the box inside the trunk. I had planed on a single layer of Damplifer inside the trunk for good measure before building the box as I won't be able to take it back out. I already have the Damplifer and will probly do a single layer just to know my trunk isn't rattling from outside the car. The trunk will probly only take $100 worth anyway. So what do you guys think?

Is it in your budget? Do you feel it will make a difference? Its all up to you really.

If its my ride and Im doing the same thing, then yes I would.

Is it in your budget? Do you feel it will make a difference? Its all up to you really.

If its my ride and Im doing the same thing, then yes I would.

I like doing things right so if I think its right I will put it in the budget. I think it will make for a solid foundation to build from. I personally think would make a differance in energy tranfer.(not absorbing low frez.) I know most of you guys like overkill and so do I. Just want to know what people think?

If you're looking to seal a trunk use foam around the enclosure.

I seen that trick around here and will be doing the expanding foam in can. I am planing on about 6" thick, should be good and hold my rear deck solid nicely too.

I seen that trick around here and will be doing the expanding foam in can. I am planing on about 6" thick, should be good and hold my rear deck solid nicely too.

Correct. If you are using expanding foam I wouldn't bother with sound deadening in the trunk.

Correct. If you are using expanding foam I wouldn't bother with sound deadening in the trunk.

I think its all going to depend on how "sealed" you make it... on mine its removable so no expanding foam around the box but i did use foam, fiberglass, and second skin seal the quarter panels, rear deck (no more 6X9s) and c pillars. So if you think u can get it 100% sealed then it might be ok. but from the experience I've had i would say spend the 100 bucks and dampen the trunk anyway

tn_gallery_10399_356_98599.jpg tn_gallery_10399_356_94047.jpg tn_gallery_10399_356_16409.jpgI all ready spent the 120 bucks and got the Second Skin from the brown santa(UPS) on wensday. Now I must wait until my next day off, if its not snowing.