j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

Won't be smoother, won't be warmer, just perhaps louder. Either way it won't be an audible difference.

Damn your a fast typer. This is what I wanted to hear you say as the box is already glassed.

Again, not audible...but the box will be weaker. Others may come on and say differently, but I guarantee they are doing so out of propaganda and haven't tested it...and in general will have a rather limited idea of materials and material testing. Always an amusing conversation to me, but nonetheless if its already done then so be it, don't worry about it, but if your goals aren't competing to the nth degree don't bother to do it again.

I'm in for more picspeepwall.gif .

Good work.

I can't believe this is your first build; you were born to do that , man !

I don't even understand your box, so..............more pics, please!

santa.gif

I'm in for more picspeepwall.gif .

Good work.

I can't believe this is your first build; you were born to do that , man !

I don't even understand your box, so..............more pics, please!

santa.gif

Thanks for the kind words!!!

As far as building things, I enjoy fabicating EVERYTHING and have been collecting tools for 15 years. If I am going to build something I usually spent a long time planning . I would NOT even get out bed if I was going to do something half assed. LIFE is short so lets get to ENJOYING this mutha fucka...

As far as the box it's not that complicted, just about two weeks of spare time worth of math and a shiiiiiiiiiiiiit load of patience!!!biggrin.gif

Not much done in a few days but drowl over the BTL!!!

med_gallery_10399_356_867677.jpg

The bottom is scribed to the trunk floor if you where wondering about the funny notches. VERY TIGHT fit.

THanks to Mbarber I will be mounting the sub tilted. I thought his looked funny angled but it grew on me, and helps with the mounting holes. Otherwise the top and bottom hole wouldn't have a t-nut.

Anywho tomarrow is my satarday so hopefully I can make some head way. M5 is double checking my Design and math So If all is good then.........

haha yeaa!

i first mounted it like that because i had to re-mount it with new holes. but i actually ended up liking the look and kept it.

but it's looking great :drink40:

haha yeaa!

i first mounted it like that because i had to re-mount it with new holes. but i actually ended up liking the look and kept it.

but it's looking great trink40.gif

Ya you need some T-nuts and double baffle on your next box. Or the box you got?LOL. I learned from your mistakes....

haha yeaa!

but it's looking great trink40.gif

Ya you need some T-nuts and double baffle on your next box. Or the box you got?LOL. I learned from your mistakes....

lol nice. but yea you are right. the next box will definately have both.

i'm looking to build one soon but i'm in the process of trying to get an suv but i need to convince the parents first :peepwall:

i'm looking to build one soon but i'm in the process of trying to get an suv but i need to convince the parentd first peepwall.gif

Ya I think My next car will be an SUV, This stuffing A room full of shit in a little Honda is a PITA. Good luck with the parental units.

i'm looking to build one soon but i'm in the process of trying to get an suv but i need to convince the parentd first peepwall.gif

Ya I think My next car will be an SUV, This stuffing A room full of shit in a little Honda is a PITA. Good luck with the parental units.

thanks. i'm most excited as to see how much louder the the setup is in an suv. should be a good difference. :)

thanks. i'm most excited as to see how much louder the the setup is in an suv. should be a good difference. smile.gif

I hear the SUVs are louder. I DO like The Small pressurized cabin Feel though.....

My honda is louder with the box turned around firing in the trunk but It didn't blend for shit. VERY localizable. PLus all the F*cking trunk noise, extra space to pressurize, no usable trunk space, loose box is just NOT my style.............

Nutty looking box, keep up the photos. :)

Nutty looking box, keep up the photos. smile.gif

Thanks Denim, I think?

Don't be bashful with suggestions either.

Interesting that you're firing it forward...are you going to roll with the seat down or the ski pass open?

I was also wondering about the notches on the bottom...it looked like someone got rowdy with the jigsaw :lol:

Nice ride! Mine's 97.6% identical :D

Good build, that is one hell of an interesting box.

Interesting that you're firing it forward...are you going to roll with the seat down or the ski pass open?

I was also wondering about the notches on the bottom...it looked like someone got rowdy with the jigsaw laugh.gif

Nice ride! Mine's 97.6% identical biggrin.gif

Ya, forward facing blends So much better. Not louder but sounds better. I shouldn't have to worry about the loud part now though.

Most of the time I just use the ski pass, With the last set up The audible differance was small.

any vids.? what are you going to cover the box with? anything?

any vids.? what are you going to cover the box with? anything?

No vids yet, just lots of pics!!!

I am using chacoal gray carpet front and back. Probably spackle paint in the port. Nothing to exciting. I Like the built in look.......Thats my style.biggrin.gif

nice. "i want my fifteen inch speaker to look as stock as possible" :peepwall:

nice. "i want my fifteen inch speaker to look as stock as possible" peepwall.gif

LOL really hardlaugh.gif

its a great GOAL... lol nice build, man :popcorn:

great! i was just checking out your myspace. this tattoo looks flippin' sweet http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=494270737&albumID=205593&imageID=1106035#a=205593&i=1105457

he has one on the other side too! crazy skills man.

Edited by watts09