porkchop

Tattoo thread

some more color.....lol

God, I love redheads!

Edited by j-roadtatts

good advice, alot of mine where, on a whim sorta.....

but they are addicting,

1 is too many and 100 is not enough!!!

I got plenty of skin left to cover.

some more color.....lol

God, I love redheads!

I have for the past 24 years, lol

hey chop wheres a good place to get a tat done in indy or around indy? im looking at getting one done next month.

most of mine are done from a fellow who did alot of time, lol, and are usually done at my house.

there are so many places, i would hate to make a suggestion.

my advice, look real close at their portfolio!

shop around, alot.

if you and the artist kick it right off the bat, good, if you get a bad vibe, move on.

good advice. thanx bro.

I got a couple old school ones. Have a couple childhood friends that became tattoo artists so my shit is free. Havent had any in about six years though.

First one

100_0001.jpg

101_0544.jpg

100_0002.jpg

Got this one on a lawn chair in a garage.

100_0003.jpg

Troubled

100_0007.jpg

Father

100_0006.jpg

In memory of my father

100_0004.jpg

Last one I never finished

101_0541.jpg

I got mine done by my friend Stephanie at Prick Tattoos (the youngest licensed female tattoo artist in San Antonio @ the time).. here's what I got so far... eventually want to get complete sleeves..

l_0c20c6225eef7f6d2589e9d3b62620dc.jpg

l_dccebe226388d23a1e50a2162313c5dc.jpg

l_8fca034291763c2c65f7bdd56ec901de.jpg

l_d6fc05f9a5f3ab9ba320d22a3ed041a9.jpg

l_338aedd266fbb54e1c0b726f01b68503.jpg

gallery_11399_358_8516.jpg

The Owl wasn't wise until he read the book and found the key to the heart

Edited by Soapbox

gallery_11399_358_271296.jpg

Backarm

I have the key to the grave and the devil has been slain. I'll fly away.

Back of leg

Guiding light

gallery_11399_358_837074.jpg

Inside of Arm

Jesus with a Prayer cloth

gallery_11399_358_638848.jpg

Forarm

My prayer time

gallery_11399_358_301946.jpg

gotta get these redone, ink faded pretty badly

Picture070.jpg

so this ^^^^^ is the before pic....

started the right arm today..........

will start the left thursday...........

shout out to soapbox and mdizzle, both played a part in this coming together....

mikey proided the new artist, soapbox provided the machine....

the machine seen below was handcrafted by our very own....

it is designed after the pioneer Owen Jensen....

a big thanks to the both of you...

1-48.jpg

my intentions were simple enough, fill in space with a cool look, fix the clowns....

we threw a bunch of filler on there, sorta cool looking to me!

outlined it all......

1-46.jpg

then he switched over to the shader....

the outline had dual 8 coils....the shader was a 15

the outline nedle, a 5 round and the shader needle was a 15....

1-45.jpg

i guess i did not really get al the angles of the tatt.... sorry,

the back side is tied in real nice, the next session will tie in everything up to the elbow.... so, a1/2 sleeve....

this shows some of the shadeing coming together,

1-43.jpg

so , as far as the clown faces are concerned....

laugh now, cry later......

the right hand, ( laugh), is nearly done,

before and after.....

before

Picture070.jpg

after.....what do you think?

1-41.jpg

Looks like you are in good hands Brother Chop. Your artist looks like he cared about his work, as It shows in the fineshed work!!!! Thats two you've gotten since I met you And I haven't gotten any.wtf.gif HA HA. I am trying to get one this week, We will see if I get can any free time though. I will post.smile.gif

Got a bunch of pics I need to download on my myspace, I will let you guys know when I get them posted also.biggrin.gif

tag your it.....lol

:drink40:

picture whores are waiting pal,

ha ha

chop

Yeah I've been busy, busy. I am hoping to get MY sleeves buttoned up this year but I have unfineshed work already started on most of my body SO it pretty much pick-a-spot. I am working on getting the pic for one I am getting this week. I can't say any more yet though.biggrin.gif

Wow Chop... he really brought that ink to life!! An amazing job by the artist!

I'm starting to mill over designs for my right forearm sleeve... definitely want something unique like that... man, you guys are really givin me the itch to go get inked again :woot:

I was thinkin of havin' the shape of the state of Texas drawn pretty large around my forearm - sort of abstract, and in the middle have it filled in like the Caddy symbol is... outlined in chrome, with the "wreath" wrapping around my arm...

Idk I was getting ideas while me and my homegirl went down to the coast to get her back tattoo finished... ran into a guy who lives in San Antonio too seems really cool and his work is awesome... now I just need the money :) Definitely going to end up getting it piece by piece but like they say patience is a virtue :)

I got two more tatts on my left arm last night!!!!!!partybanana.gif

Here are some pictures.....

Yes this is right below the elbow on the back side....

med_gallery_10399_361_226062.jpgmed_gallery_10399_361_423863.jpg

This is a portrait of my Mother in high skool in 1974, her gradutating picture I am pretty sure. The open space below her is where the next one is.......

med_gallery_10399_361_622372.jpgmed_gallery_10399_361_72051.jpg

This is a portrait of my sister when she was a teenager. Yes this is on the underside of the wrist. I got the wizard when I was 15 from my brother with a single needle. The wizard is the first tatt I got from my brother 17 years ago, it was like my 6-7 tatt at the time.

med_gallery_10399_361_614538.jpg

This is the front side of my forearm, I got these about a year ago. These are portraits of my wife and two daughters. My next session on my lower left arm will be to tie everything together and finish hopefully!!!!!

I downloaded a few color pictures to my myspace if any one want to check them out. I have more I might get on there today if I have time?

www.myspace.com/jaredwight

Damn, that's some REALLY nice work guys. I haven't bothered to post my one as it seems pretty trivial compared to the art you guys all have. I've always wanted to do a big piece on my back representing the kids and my wife, but have yet to find an artist to draw it up. Reading through here has got my interest peaked again though, just might go talking with a few artists around here to get something started again.

Damn, that's some REALLY nice work guys. I haven't bothered to post my one as it seems pretty trivial compared to the art you guys all have. I've always wanted to do a big piece on my back representing the kids and my wife, but have yet to find an artist to draw it up. Reading through here has got my interest peaked again though, just might go talking with a few artists around here to get something started again.

I enjoy looking at ALL styles of tatts so post em' up.biggrin.gif

The trick to portraits other than find someone is to do them atleast 3-4 inches tall, gives the room for the detail.

Here are my two, one is right arm other is left shoulder blade. I wanna get another one on my back, I have a daughter on the way so i might get something related to that, I wanna fill up the rest of my back though.

P6180053.jpg

PB220095.jpg

Edited by CrownVic

Okay, okay, you've talked me into it. I just have the one so far and while I'd would've liked to get more for a long time now, like many other things, it's waiting until I got the spare $ before worrying about it. I got this done about 8 years ago and the only reason I got this one is because a close friend of mine inherited a substantial amount of $, loved getting tatts but hated to go to the shop alone. He had offered to pay for the tatt on whoever would go so I spoke up and this is what I got. He tried talking me into some real nice ones ($400-$500) but none of them really spoke to me, so I chose this one. I was supposed to go back and get it filled the rest of the way in but never did, I like it like this as it makes it look A LOT older than it is. Anyway, here it is, in all it's simplicity. Sorry for the low quality, cell phone camera FTL, also please ignore the wild color scheme in the bathroom, the wife is a bit of a crazy color nut.

0328001324.jpg

wolf paw yin-yang..... nothin' special as I mentioned before....

Damn, there are some nice tatts in this thread.

Mine = Thai Krut - A bird-man god used as a symbol for Thailand's Coat of Arms and the Royal Family.

26178_1320456504938_1636577713_807998_5404766_n.jpg

And here's the link to the vid of me getting it done.

(Yes, as an internet whore, I would luv some youtube comments.)

Edited by gHOstFaCe

Damn, there are some nice tatts in this thread.

Mine = Thai Krut - A bird-man god used as a symbol for Thailand's Coat of Arms and the Royal Family.

26178_1320456504938_1636577713_807998_5404766_n.jpg

And here's the link to the vid of me getting it done.

(Yes, as an internet whore, I would luv some youtube comments.)

Looks SUPER gOod Brother, I always LOVE fine line B&G. Looks like you just started collecting?

I have one on my other shoulder of the Chinese symbol for strength. its very generic and common, so I don't really show it off. It doesn't look bad, its just nothing artistic or special. I will fix that one up in a few months and probably write "Family" in Thai lettering across my heart. So yeah, the tattoo bug has bitten, lol.