Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Build Log - Updated July 17th - Page 8

great work. i like everything about your build log.. but i hate you and will continue to hate you because of those beautiful subs you have

great work. i like everything about your build log.. but i hate you and will continue to hate you because of those beautiful subs you have

:drink40:

Thank you Sir.

I dont blame you. They are sex to the ears.

Pods turned out very nice. You're like me, the kicks have to go. My image is low (top edge of dash, not mirror) and female vocals wander, so it throws off my stage. 18's do make your eyeballs vibrate. I had a pair in my Regal, back in the day (way back). Love the creative use of plumbing fixtures.

Gotta make time for the kiddies, even though they can drive you nuts. At least mine drive me me nuts!

Pods turned out very nice. You're like me, the kicks have to go. My image is low (top edge of dash, not mirror) and female vocals wander, so it throws off my stage. 18's do make your eyeballs vibrate. I had a pair in my Regal, back in the day (way back). Love the creative use of plumbing fixtures.

Gotta make time for the kiddies, even though they can drive you nuts. At least mine drive me me nuts!

Thank you for the kind words.

Yea, the kicks were a short cut and it's telling on me now. I knew I had to keep the midbass and the midrange pretty close together and I thought I could pull it off in the kicks. Nope. I am going to play around a little bit and try them both in the doors and the tweeter in the pillars. At least it's warm now so I can take my time and try out some different things. Your team is having good luck in the pillars and with basically the same truck I may have to borrow a good idea or two from yall. At 39 I am still experimenting and learning. Prolly be that way till the day I die too. OCD FTW!! :woot:

My sound stage is low on the dash. I can EQ it up some but the basshead in me fears i will blow them once I crank up the subbass and forget to go back to zero. Hard to tell whats going on with those monsters pounding in the back. :drink40:

Kids.

Hell yea they can drive you nuts. I have 4 and I love them with all my heart, but there are times I want to put one up on ebay to the highest bidder. BTW, if you have one or two STOP! I do not recommend 4 to anyone. lol

:NeedPics: or its time to :fing23:

Well I finally got around to painting my enclosure. I went with a color match to the factory panels in the Yukon and a flat black on the ports. I am on the fence with the results. It is a good match as far as color, but I think it turned out kinda blah. Anyone have some ideas or feedback, I am open to suggestions.

This is one heavy ass enclosure. 49 1/2 x 28 1/2 x 27 1/2 double walled on every panel. I think my brother broke his nutz today helping me. Pussy. lol

I am extremely happy with the results of the switch from 15's to the 18's. The bass is still very flat and tight across the board. These subs just do not lose control. My system is very much Jekyll and Hyde and I am loving it. I can throw some Van Morrison or The Eagles, back off the sub level, and chill or I can level 15 the fuckers and shake the doors with some R&B / Hip Hop. The subs blend perfectly with whatever I throw at them.

My wife thinks I have lost it with the huge enclosure I am toting around now, but hey.....I still have 6 seats even with the 18" twins. Life is good. :drink40:

On to the pics......

Still no video, but soon.

dscf2246a.jpg

dscf2244q.jpg

dscf2249.jpg

dscf2251qc.jpg

dscf2250.jpg

The wait was worth it, makes me want to take a trip out to SC to hear it :slayer:

The wait was worth it, makes me want to take a trip out to SC to hear it :slayer:

:drink40:

Come on down man.

87 today and 89 on Monday.

Take the damn pollen back with you tho. lol It's fucking nasty outside right now, need a good rain for a few days to wash that shit away.

The box lOoks gOod Brother!!!trink40.gif I bet the bass is EPIC!!! I would love to hear an XCON.

Great craftmanship! Box turned out great!

The box lOoks gOod Brother!!!trink40.gif I bet the bass is EPIC!!! I would love to hear an XCON.

Thanks man!

Looks good brother! That thing must hammer! I'm looking forward to a trip out your way to hear it. Keep up the good work.

Looks good brother! That thing must hammer! I'm looking forward to a trip out your way to hear it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man. Let's do it!

I would love to sit in your's as well and get some tips on tweaking my front stage.

A basshead with an accurate front stage......is that even possible? lol

We've been asking that same thing for years now....nine 18's in an astro van came pretty close...it was loud and musical at the same time, but I can't remember how it staged and imaged. Tonally it was very accurate, and it shook everything around it at the turn of a knob!

I'll try to get pics of it from Ray when I go back down again. I think you'll like it.

We've been asking that same thing for years now....nine 18's in an astro van came pretty close...it was loud and musical at the same time, but I can't remember how it staged and imaged. Tonally it was very accurate, and it shook everything around it at the turn of a knob!

I'll try to get pics of it from Ray when I go back down again. I think you'll like it.

Would love to see those pics.

I told the wife today that when my 13yo gets her own car, I will have to get 2 more 18's because we wont need the 3rd row. She was not impressed. lol

Looks good. Color match turned out great. I shed a tear for my 18's, but they were many years ago.

Looks good. Color match turned out great. I shed a tear for my 18's, but they were many years ago.

Thanks man.

Could always do a blow through on that 2500. :fing34:

Better hop on now because old people with 18's is going to be a hit. lol

Thanks man.

Could always do a blow through on that 2500. :fing34:

Better hop on now because old people with 18's is going to be a hit. lol

Uh, no, no, :No: . I may be crazy, but I ain't insane. Besides, the wife would kill me for cutting up a $50K truck. :fryingpan: I couldn't bring myself to cut the front doors for the HAT L8's, so they never went in the doors. I already had one install that had a bad case of metal mites. That 78 Regal had 2 Kicker C18's where the rear seat used to live, 4 Kicker C6.5's in the front doors, 3 Kicker 4's in the dash (1 in center channel), Kicker ND25's in the doors, Kicker 5 1/4 and D20 in custom rear deck. LP 5002 on subs, LP 1752 on 6's. LP 1752 on 4's & tweets, LP 952 on rear, LP 452 on center. SQ_MGB can tell you how insane it was for the mid-late 80's. 143-144 db with the mic at ear level, not on the dash or in the floor, no bracing, no concrete. It used to bow the side windows out about an inch. It could launch a 16 oz Coke off the roof. :trippy: I had my fun with it, it's a young guys game now, I'm chillin' in my old age. :Jim::sleepwerd4:

Well I finally got around to painting my enclosure. I went with a color match to the factory panels in the Yukon and a flat black on the ports. I am on the fence with the results. It is a good match as far as color, but I think it turned out kinda blah. Anyone have some ideas or feedback, I am open to suggestions.

This is one heavy ass enclosure. 49 1/2 x 28 1/2 x 27 1/2 double walled on every panel. I think my brother broke his nutz today helping me. Pussy. lol

I am extremely happy with the results of the switch from 15's to the 18's. The bass is still very flat and tight across the board. These subs just do not lose control. My system is very much Jekyll and Hyde and I am loving it. I can throw some Van Morrison or The Eagles, back off the sub level, and chill or I can level 15 the fuckers and shake the doors with some R&B / Hip Hop. The subs blend perfectly with whatever I throw at them.

My wife thinks I have lost it with the huge enclosure I am toting around now, but hey.....I still have 6 seats even with the 18" twins. Life is good. :drink40:

On to the pics......

Still no video, but soon.

dscf2246a.jpg

dscf2244q.jpg

dscf2249.jpg

dscf2251qc.jpg

dscf2250.jpg

Just finally saw these pics, this turned out great! Glad you like them!

hate to say I told you so...but...

I told you so!

Yes Sir you did and I thank you for it. :drink40:

I am very pleased and I am your customer for life!

Update for some new shoes.

dscf2325.jpg

dscf2310l.jpg

dscf2323t.jpg

dscf2308.jpg

Drool, upgrading! Sick wheels man. Never noticed the taillights, similar to mine, did you paint or tint?

Drool, upgrading! Sick wheels man. Never noticed the taillights, similar to mine, did you paint or tint?

Thanks man!

Bought them like that off optionracing on ebay. Didnt have to do shit. Just the way my lazy ass likes it. :drink40:

I didnt think I liked them before, but they look good now with the wheels and shit I think.