Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Build Log - Updated July 17th - Page 8

Nice stuff man!!! Do you ever turn it up around the kids? If so do they like it?

I like the look of it, but im not a fan of the tires.

it does look nice though

would be cool to see some reg tires on it.

looks great though

Nice stuff man!!! Do you ever turn it up around the kids? If so do they like it?

Thanks man.

I get on it pretty good sometimes. Not full tilt or anything, but they keep asking for it. lol They love it, but the wife would kill me if they said I made their ears hurt. One time I got on it real good when they were outside the car with the door open and both my overhead air controls fell off. They pick on me and laugh about that all the time.

I like the look of it, but im not a fan of the tires.

it does look nice though

would be cool to see some reg tires on it.

looks great though

Thanks!

Would have been much cheaper with regular tires too. lol

I like it, I am a southern boy and it fits me.

Got some air bags and bilstein shocks for her. Hoping to get the ass up a little higher and get a better ride.

Going to strip the chrome over the next couple of weeks too.

What seires of Bilsteins did you get? I have the 5100's on my Xterra and the 5150's on my blazer and I am a Bilstein man for life now.smile.gif

What seires of Bilsteins did you get? I have the 5100's on my Xterra and the 5150's on my blazer and I am a Bilstein man for life now.smile.gif

5100's

BE5-C153-H0 & BE5-D147-H0

I had them on my Z71 and they were excellent. Cost a little more, but worth every cent. I too am a fan!

I am putting the airlift 1000 system in the coils to get another 1.5" to level it out in the rear. Cali lean is fucking with my mojo. lol

Wish me luck!

My brother put a 1.5" body lift on his truck and I have never been a fan of body lifts because of the gaps, but it really does look good on his since it's not a big lift. I am thinking hard about that one. I like the stuffed tire look, but it's not really functional. Another 1.5" would prolly change that. I will see after i do the shock and air bag's. Knowing me, I will do it. Cant let the little bro one up me. lol

two-minute shop

Untitled-1.jpg

I like that. Bumpers too?

the black out was about the extent of my photo editing capabilities.. lol. if i'm feelin froggy one day i may try it. still a sexy ass truck with chrome trim :)

two-minute shop

the black out was about the extent of my photo editing capabilities.. lol. if i'm feelin froggy one day i may try it. still a sexy ass truck with chrome trim :)

Thanks man.

I have been price shopping someone to paint the front bumper white, but I may have a lead on a white Denali bumper cover. If it comes through, that will be the ticket IMO. People want crazy $ to paint mine.

two-minute shop

Thanks man.

I have been price shopping someone to paint the front bumper white, but I may have a lead on a white Denali bumper cover. If it comes through, that will be the ticket IMO. People want crazy $ to paint mine.

you'd be surprised at how much it is to paint something nowadays. nowadays ha listen to me.. sounding all grown. it is fuckin expensive though

any progress?

Edited by cranberryyumyum

As a matter of fact, I washed the Yukon up today for some new pics tomorrow. Maybe a video too.

Still not 100%, but I think you will approve of the progress. :drink40:

well you better have everything up tomorrow and ready for approval :)

Will do Sir! :drink40:

Nothing too big, just some new pics. Big things with the system around the corner tho, a complete makeover of my front stage and sub stage.

Painted the front grill and all Yukon XL badges black. Blacked out the lower turn lamps. Painted the GMC logos and the chrome stripe down the side white. I don't know about the side moldings. They look better without the chrome, but I think I am just going to remove them and be done with it. I am going to attempt to paint my bumpers myself. If it turns out bad, I found some black bumpers that I will just buy and replace. Want to try and get this done on the cheap so I can spend my money on important stuff like subs and batteries, crosses fingers.

Here you go,

dscf2359c.jpg

dscf2356x.jpg

dscf2360w.jpg

Looks sick man.

Thank you Sir.

Those headlights stick out like a soar thumb now. :Doh: Wish now I had bought the one's with black inside instead of chrome. :(

Anyone with a Yukon want some nice projector lamps with HID's on the cheap?

hell yeah. looks great. buy some tint and lay it on those headlights. fix that problem real nice like. once you get that front bumper painted it will look even better.

gonna lose those, ahem, rock rails?

hell yeah. looks great. buy some tint and lay it on those headlights. fix that problem real nice like. once you get that front bumper painted it will look even better.

gonna lose those, ahem, rock rails?

I put VHT nightshade on the turn lamps, is that what you mean by tint or actual window tint?

LOL, yeah, those are fugly! I would take them off and run nothing (free lift kit), but the kids need some help getting in there or they will pull shit off. I know these fuckers and they are destructive. lol I am thinking of putting black nerf bars there instead. They would certainly look better than what is there now.

I am undecided on painting the front bumper black or white. I want the lower trim piece the same color as the grill, but it may be too much black up front. I could always paint flat and gloss black to break it up a little bit. Thoughts?

That Looks TOUGH! I've always liked the blacked out look. Yukon emblems look GREAT! :fing34:

That Looks TOUGH! I've always liked the blacked out look. Yukon emblems look GREAT! :fing34:

Thank you Sir, I need the cool painting toys you have. Chrome has it's place, but not on this project.

Me = rattle can and LOTS of wet sanding.

Thank you Sir, I need the cool painting toys you have. Chrome has it's place, but not on this project.

Me = rattle can and LOTS of wet sanding.

The most expensive component of the painting toys was the compressor and I was lucky to borrow one from a friend. If it weren't for the distance I'm gonna be finished soon and you could use this stuff. Not planning another paint project anytime soon. :peepwall:

eh.. yeah you can use vht but it doesn't really have the right sheen for headlights. that stuff is more for turn signals and tail lights. and it won't last as long as window tint. never have been a fan of any of those rails but if they serve a purpose like keeping the kids from trashing that beautiful yukon then you gotta do what you gotta do..

dscf2360w.jpg

here's my thought. but like i said, i am no photoshop master

oh and once i find this badass sticker i lost somewhere in the house i will snappy a picky and post it. i'm sure you'll like it