Sign in to follow this  
phresh

Similar Subs

I am confused on the actual output of the IA line of subs since I have never heard any of them. What are the 187, LI, & DP subs comparable to? I think the LI would suit be best.

I want 2 to be run off a AQ1200D. I want the 15" model and will be put into maximum size enclosure (~8cuft) tuned to 33-33hz in an Explorer. Its early & put what I thought would be most useful. I am looking for just daily spl (mid to upper 140s). SQ not as big of a priority of mines right now. Any more info needed?

I am confused on the actual output of the IA line of subs since I have never heard any of them. What are the 187, LI, & DP subs comparable to? I think the LI would suit be best.

I want 2 to be run off a AQ1200D. I want the 15" model and will be put into maximum size enclosure (~8cuft) tuned to 33-33hz in an Explorer. Its early & put what I thought would be most useful. I am looking for just daily spl (mid to upper 140s). SQ not as big of a priority of mines right now. Any more info needed?

I run a pair of LI series 15" and they are a great subwoofer. Loud, sound good and should be no problem hitting your goals. But if your looking for more of an SPL goal, I would look to move up to the DR series.

Any subs any one would like to compare them to output wise?

You cant really compare subs since they are all made with different goals in mind, you cant go wrong with any subs on this forum as long as there in there recommended enclosure you will get great output and performance from them.

You know how they would go up against the type rs output wise? Im pretty sure they already have more ssq then any sub in the IA line

The Alpine Type-R is not an SQ sub. The Alpine Type-X is an SQ sub. The Type-R is ment to be a daily beater that you can purchase at BestBuy for a silly price.

I would take an Incriminator Sub or any other sub from the SSA store over a Type R.

I did an a-b comparison with my DCON 10" versus the local Alpine/Rockford dealer's Type-R in my truck. The DCON had more "sq" and while not as loud to the ear, it wasn't lacking by much when comparing to the Type R.

IMO I feel you would be more satisfied with the Incriminator over the Alpine in "SQ" and output.

Oh im not going for an SPL sub. I had just said that they sound good enough for me. I think I should get the LI. Anyone else have anymore inout on ny subs with the same amount of SPL?

Oh im not going for an SPL sub. I had just said that they sound good enough for me. I think I should get the LI. Anyone else have anymore inout on ny subs with the same amount of SPL?

You may want to check out the Z15 closeout from Sundown as well! Another great subwoofer and very compareable to the LI with a 1000 watt rms rating vs the 600 watt rms rating of the LI.

Both would be great choices imo!

Sundown Z15 D2 and D4 Close-Out Special - SSA Car Audio Forum

I have one @ my house right now, an LI 15, and just looking at it, i dont know if there is a better by for the price to be honest with you.

i have spoken with numerous people that have run it at 1000 watts, not that that matters because you plan on running 600 per sub anyway.

good luck with your purchase, whichever direction you decide to go.

I would take an LI (which I have) over a type r any day. If you want more output get the death row or the death penalty. If you want more sq, get the flatlyne. This is not to say that the other lines don't have decent sq though, they are pretty good. If you look in the incriminator part of the forum you can find a video of my LI 12" in action if you are interested.

Anyone have any db numbers of the 187s or the LI's? Whats the setup, power, tuning, box size, etc?

Just to get an idea of the output of the subs.

These subs will perform in there respected enclosure, all those numbers wont mean anything since every install is different and every vehicle has different cabin gains so numbers will vary. You shouldnt compare subs to other subs unless comparing T/S Parameters, since that is what is important when choosing a subwoofer and how it will perform. It shouldnt be hard to reach your goals with that type of vehicle and this equipment, give us a budget and that will help us point you in the right direction.

I would take an Incriminator Sub or any other sub from the SSA store over a Type R.

I did an a-b comparison with my DCON 10" versus the local Alpine/Rockford dealer's Type-R in my truck. The DCON had more "sq" and while not as loud to the ear, it wasn't lacking by much when comparing to the Type R.

IMO I feel you would be more satisfied with the Incriminator over the Alpine in "SQ" and output.

I agree. ;) Just need to send you back there with an Icon or IA DP :)

If you're looking for numbers you're gona need a tad more than 1200 watts...double the power and get a pair of DR's or the Sundown Audio Z15's on closeout

If you're looking for numbers you're gona need a tad more than 1200 watts...double the power and get a pair of DR's or the Sundown Audio Z15's on closeout

A pair of 15's with 1200 watts will do decent numbers depending on the vehicle.

Once my new amp comes in, I'm going to get metered on the AC just to see what my single 187 does sealed. I think it'll do well for what it is :)

Kef

HEY WOOTAH LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU DO THIS .

HEY WOOTAH LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU DO THIS .

I will sir. The guy scammed me, so until I hear about my MO from the USPS, I can't do anything.

HOWEVER, I am soon switching to a PR setup, single Exodus PR-15, 3.25 tuned to 30 hertz. Should get nice and loud. I've only got 400 watts, and it's more than enough to overpower the 187 in that enclosure. I'll have to be careful since it'll be able to exceed the Xmax at 25 hertz. My SSF might get a workout after all.

As it sits though, if you have 300-500 watts, and want a hell of a subwoofer, the 187 is an absolute steal. My 15 has lived up to my expectations and then some.

Kef

I agree. wink.gif Just need to send you back there with an Icon or IA DP smile.gif

I need to set them up with SSA ..... Then we have some serious competition in my area! trink40.gif

As it sits though, if you have 300-500 watts, and want a hell of a subwoofer, the 187 is an absolute steal. My 15 has lived up to my expectations and then some.

If they came in single 4 or dual 2 I'd get one in a heartbeat.