gadgeteer123

15" xcon in a temporary infinite baffle setup.

i'm 21, and I am still learning, yes.

21 and no license? It's time to grow up.

it suspended....

I'm not going to judge as I have no moral interest in what you do or don't do... But it was probably something childish that got it suspended. If you're 21, living at home with no money or prospects borrowing money from mom to buy car audio I think it's time to evaluate your life and make something of it before you find yourself 5 or even 10 years down the road in the exact same situation.

i dont borrow money from mom, i get ssi for my autism, and i rrent out a house, to myself.

i dont borrow money from mom, i get ssi for my autism, and i rrent out a house, to myself.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you said you couldn't afford to have a box built yet because you spent all your money on the xcon in which your mom had to loan you money for. I used to receive SSI when I was younger but it wasn't enough money to really do a whole lot, regardless of a disability working is still an option.

I paid her back in a week, and I plan on getting a job when I get my license in april. There are no jobs in my tiny village. Ive tried.

Shoot me for bringing back an old thread, but DAMN did I get a good laugh out of this!!! Wow! Don't feel too bad though, when I was 13 I hooked up four 6.5" audiovox speakers with shoe laces to the bottom of my futon...powered them off my Sharp 3 disc all in one CD changer that put out 25 watts peak per channel. I showed it off to my brother when he was visiting from New York, and he thought it sounded great...at least he told me that. When I was 14 I visited him in New York, he played his 10" bazooka tube for me and I nearly crapped my pants with excitement and felt retarded for showing off my sweet setup. Moral of the story? Somebody else already said it, an experienced ear knows what to listen for. Nothing is wrong with experimenting, but experiment with steel and not gold...its how you learn, and it's how we all learned. On the other hand, if you liked the way it sounded in the closet...then keep it. The whole goal of this hobby is for it to provide personal enjoyment...whether its smackin' 150dB or stickin a tweeter up your brown eye, enjoy it.

holy shit, I cannot believe someone thinks they can hear 5hz AND 28khz.

holy shit, I cannot believe someone thinks they can hear 5hz AND 28khz.

Must be nice! lol

A subset of individuals with autism, known as “musical savants,” is also known to possess absolute pitch. This superiority might be due to an abnormally high sensitivity to fine-grained pitch differences in sounds. To test this hypothesis, psychoacoustic tasks were devised so as to use a signal detection methodology. Participants were all musically untrained and were divided into a group of 12 high-functioning individuals with autism and a group of 12 normally developing individuals. Their task was to judge the pitch of pure tones in a “same-different” discrimination task and in a “high-low” categorization task. In both tasks, the obtained psychometric functions revealed higher pitch sensitivity for subjects with autism, with a more pronounced advantage over control participants in the categorization task. These findings confirm that pitch processing is enhanced in “high-functioning” autism.

It's possible? :turkey:

A subset of individuals with autism, known as “musical savants,” is also known to possess absolute pitch. This superiority might be due to an abnormally high sensitivity to fine-grained pitch differences in sounds. To test this hypothesis, psychoacoustic tasks were devised so as to use a signal detection methodology. Participants were all musically untrained and were divided into a group of 12 high-functioning individuals with autism and a group of 12 normally developing individuals. Their task was to judge the pitch of pure tones in a “same-different” discrimination task and in a “high-low” categorization task. In both tasks, the obtained psychometric functions revealed higher pitch sensitivity for subjects with autism, with a more pronounced advantage over control participants in the categorization task. These findings confirm that pitch processing is enhanced in “high-functioning” autism.

It's possible? :turkey:

May be true to some extent, but not at 5hz lol

It really bugs me to see someone messing around with a sub like this. If you are going to be retarded about it just send it to me before you fuck it up. I wish I had the money to spend on this sub and the amp to power it. There is people here that would love to have something like this and treat it great and this kid is going to end up pucking it up. What a retard. I can honestly say I have never had anyone piss me off on the internet as much as this kid does.

I never did wreck this sub when I did any of this monthes ago, and it is now in my car properly powered in a box. and that was a interesting post and I never said I could hear 5hz, the lowest I could hear was 13hz. I do have aspergers also.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

Mod's please just lock, there is going to be another shit storm all over again.

:werd_msword:

I never did wreck this sub when I did any of this monthes ago, and it is now in my car properly powered in a box. and that was a interesting post and I never said I could hear 5hz, the lowest I could hear was 13hz. I do have aspergers also.

It is humanly IMPOSSIBLE to HEAR ANYTHING below 20Hz.................

alien!!! :P

Euhm, no it's not. ;) ( i hope ur'e comment was sarcasm )

If you think you can, your lying. If your "hearing" anything it is mechanical noise of the driver.

You cannot hear a sound wave below 20 Hz. You CAN however feel it, tactile sensations are a big part of low frequency reproduction.

If you think you can, your lying. If your "hearing" anything it is mechanical noise of the driver.

You cannot hear a sound wave below 20 Hz. You CAN however feel it, tactile sensations are a big part of low frequency reproduction.

Most woofers roll off around 20hz Aka they stop reproducing sound, if it's in a ported box you'll hear "schuffing" sounds.

i can hear 147-148db at 20hz. maybe its just the wind?

..... uhhhh..........

Wind

Lowest I've EVER HEARD was 23Hz in my Ram which was walled tuned to 28Hz with enough deadener for 2 cars. lol

I've heard 149 at 20hz or really I heard shit around it go crazy and the wind. You CANNOT hear below 20hz or above 22khz.

By heard I meant I could still hear the bass.