Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Custom re-building 15" T3 TSS

Was hoping I could use the stock frame and I was able to do so!

Just had to adapt it a bit... one of our spider bolt down rings worked perfectly for the job.

This woofer has 3 Hard Nightshade spiders, a Z v.2 prototype D2 coil (tight gap so NS coil would not fit), and a light weight cone similar to the Z v.1 but with a wide roll surround.

Once the dust cap glue dries I'll measure specs on it to see what we got :)

CIMG3359.JPG

* Steel spider ring glued into place (glue under, around, and below the ring)

CIMG3360.JPG

* Overview of the ring -- also changed original basket screws to a higher grade metal with allen heads.

CIMG3361.JPG

* Gluing bottom triple joint

CIMG3362.JPG

* Lining it up and getting ready to solder the leads -- 6 sheets of paper on the inside gap

CIMG3363.JPG

CIMG3364.JPG

* Finished product ! I've played it on the test bench a bit with no dust cap... but that is it so far.

Was hoping I could use the stock frame and I was able to do so!

Just had to adapt it a bit... one of our spider bolt down rings worked perfectly for the job.

This woofer has 3 Hard Nightshade spiders, a Z v.2 prototype D2 coil (tight gap so NS coil would not fit), and a light weight cone similar to the Z v.1 but with a wide roll surround.

Once the dust cap glue dries I'll measure specs on it to see what we got :)

CIMG3359.JPG

* Steel spider ring glued into place (glue under, around, and below the ring)

CIMG3360.JPG

* Overview of the ring -- also changed original basket screws to a higher grade metal with allen heads.

CIMG3361.JPG

* Gluing bottom triple joint

CIMG3362.JPG

* Lining it up and getting ready to solder the leads -- 6 sheets of paper on the inside gap

CIMG3363.JPG

CIMG3364.JPG

* Finished product ! I've played it on the test bench a bit with no dust cap... but that is it so far.

Hey Jacob, so whats this sub capable of power wise? I have a Z v.1 15 and I'm curious. Thanks

You saved one from the TeeFree dumpster!

1500+ watts I'd say... motor has good cooling + the stiff NS v.1 suspension

Is this something your testing, and when done you may sell? I am interested in purchasing 1 if its a 15. Looks great by the way.

I may have a buyer for this one already -- but I can make another one once I get more coils in stock.

What kind of power were you running to the sub in this video??? Also what kind of money to have a 15 inch built like this????

What kind of power were you running to the sub in this video??? Also what kind of money to have a 15 inch built like this????

X2 im in the market

Had a 1500D @ 1 ohm a few HU clicks into clipping (I push the amp into clipping a bit to simulate what someone will do to the sub in their car).

I'll sell em for around 250 or so built.

Can you get the 10s and 12s as well?

My parts won't fit the T3 10" frame... but I can probably drill out another frame to work... same for the 12"

My parts won't fit the T3 10" frame... but I can probably drill out another frame to work... same for the 12"

Still $250 then? I might be interested in a 12... Do you have the T/S parameters?

I won't have specs for them until I build them -- the parts are different from the T3 originals.

I'm diggin' the basket style, along with the wide surround :P

Hello Jacob,

I tried to write you on one of these tonight and got that you are not getting email on here... I know you said 250.00 for this sub is this shipped or not shipped???? How much for one shipped to 93245????

Hawk

Sign in to follow this