Sign in to follow this  
cjj2d

box designers....

I am sure there are some box designers around here. I am thinking about going ported with the new mag when it comes in. Haven't quite made up my mind yet cause I want all the SQ I can get.

For ported users: How does the SQ hold up on the current mag? or on the proto if you got ahold of one?

I would be more than glad to pay for a box design if anyone has time. I will have to get my trunk measurements first though. thanks in advance.

ported or sealed, the woofer sounds great. i just made a new sealed box that's approximately 3.2 ft^3 (sealed). i'd say that's pretty big. apparently the bigger you go, the lower the mag goes. but i am waiting on the new driver as well. nick has my old 15. i'd like to make another box that's 4 cubes at 28 hz.

just for chits and giggles....

there was a thread in the general car audio section about a box program that's really easy to use that some guy developed. i played with it a little bit and it seemed to check out. the calculator for it can be found here

http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/l-ported-box.htm

try that out for a few minutes. for those of you that didnt see that thread, maybe try it out and see if you like it.

I'm moving this to our design section. SOmeone will be with you shortly. I would email Nick on exact specs as he has the most experience with the proto and can give you exactly what you're looking for. No one else has really had enough hands-on time to play with different enclosures and power levels to really have a good idea or experience with what is "best" other than Nick.

i'm a box designer......and i feel that 3.5cubes tuned at 25hz should do u just fine....it will have the low endextention of a sealed box and the volume of a ported box

I do designs. PM me, or hit me up on AIM if you would like to discuss what you want to do :)