Sign in to follow this  
stryker

(2)12's xcons or icons

I have an 04 Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner xtra cabwith the big 3 done in 1/0,a DC Power 190 amp alternator,the wire for the amps are already run 1/0 for the sub amp 4 fr the mid/high amp both done in Kicker brand I already have an enclosure with intergrated amp rack already installed in the truck,the enclosures are sealed at 1.7 per side for 12's,my amp choice is (1) saz2000d for the subs and (1) saz125.2 for the mids and highs which are currently Infinity.My music i listen to is rap/hip hop and classic rock;I am looking for some really low end with high output,my question is what woud be a better suited sub for this application and power an (2) ICON,D1 or (2) XCON,D1.Thanks in advance for your sugesstions.

I have an 04 Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner xtra cabwith the big 3 done in 1/0,a DC Power 190 amp alternator,the wire for the amps are already run 1/0 for the sub amp 4 fr the mid/high amp both done in Kicker brand I already have an enclosure with intergrated amp rack already installed in the truck,the enclosures are sealed at 1.7 per side for 12's,my amp choice is (1) saz2000d for the subs and (1) saz125.2 for the mids and highs which are currently Infinity.My music i listen to is rap/hip hop and classic rock;I am looking for some really low end with high output,my question is what woud be a better suited sub for this application and power an (2) ICON,D1 or (2) XCON,D1.Thanks in advance for your sugesstions.

If budget isnt a problem then I would go Xcons, it gives you some extra thermal handling and the option to upgrade in the future if need be. Depends on budget, Xcons are superior to Icons (Icons are great subwoofers as well and both will be optimal in your application).

agreed. XCONs if price isn't an issue. Both will work great, with the added thermal ability the XCON is a better choice.

I have the xcons sealed and they are badass.

If money is not an issue then it's a no brainer..........xcons.

My budget would allow me to purchase the xcons,I just want to have a smile on my face when it is installed.

My budget would allow me to purchase the xcons,I just want to have a smile on my face when it is installed.

you'll have more then that. lols

You will have a smile, no doubt and when you get that itch to add another 2000D the subs can take it. :drink40:

It is a win win choice, it is just a decision of how high you want the limits to be. The Icon's can get quite loud, can be very composed, and get extremely low. The Xcon's take it up to the next level. ;)

It is a win win choice, it is just a decision of how high you want the limits to be. The Icon's can get quite loud, can be very composed, and get extremely low. The Xcon's take it up to the next level. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions I went ahead and ordered the XCON's , no sense in having to work my way up ,better to start at the top.Thought I would add ,this is a great forum and I can appreciate the wisdom of the other members here.

Thanks for the suggestions I went ahead and ordered the XCON's , no sense in having to work my way up ,better to start at the top.Thought I would add ,this is a great forum and I can appreciate the wisdom of the other members here.

Thanks for the kind words and for your business!

Thanks for the kind words and for your business!

You can say that again. :)

I just want to have a smile on my face when it is installed.

You will be wackit3.gif with the XCONS!

trink40.gif

Oh and if any weird gunk starts dripping out of your ears when you are listening to your new XCONS, don't worry: Your ears just reached that special moment and... Well you know...

Either way, just get a tissue and keep on jammin' out!

Congrats !

Show us some pics when you get it installed. We love pics !

And tell us what you think about it.

Congrats !

Show us some pics when you get it installed. We love pics !

And tell us what you think about it.

x2

GET IT. I DID. MY HARD EARNED MONEY WAS WELL SPENT THANK GOD I FOUND SSA /SUNDOWN. SINCE I INSTALLED IT I HAVENT HAD A SINGLE ISSUE EXCEPT MY INNER EAR TICKLES WHEN THE BASS HITS!

GET IT. I DID. MY HARD EARNED MONEY WAS WELL SPENT THANK GOD I FOUND SSA /SUNDOWN. SINCE I INSTALLED IT I HAVENT HAD A SINGLE ISSUE EXCEPT MY INNER EAR TICKLES WHEN THE BASS HITS!

Whoaaa! No need to shout dude!

He is happy and losing his hearing, maybe he just cant help it. lol

He is happy and losing his hearing, maybe he just cant help it. lol

:lol2: