Audioque has been working on a new project that they may be deciding to release this spring of 2010!

It will either be one or 2 different 10kd models but this is what he has said-

Pricing will still be fair and cheap based on current models pricing.

This 10,000w amp is stated to be rated at 10,000w @1ohm in between 12-14.4v @1%THD.

There will also be a 20,000w rated @18v.

This monsterous amp will have 3 sets of 1/0 PWR\GND terminals.

I'm sure there will be a warning about having an upgraded electrical system, lol.

Pricing still hasn't been announced yet and since Digital Designs has dropped out of the "Big Ass Amp Market", that leaves only AQ and a select few other companies left to manufacturer amps over the 10kw mark.

Hmmm. :shrug:

Oh. My. God.

Very similar to the new American Bass VFL 1100.1!

meh aq is good stuff, but ill run 2 4500s when they come out 3500s till then, and if your running aq subs you will never see that wattage

unless you wire around .3-.4 and will rise to one but thats common with spl woofers lol**** i have an a.b. 200.1 16v i need to get rid of its blown but db-r will repair for cheap just need a paycheck b4 it can get fixed lol

Edited by tyoung515

Audioque does not make SPL woofers..

Audioque woofers have high inductance, from what i've been told, which is why they rise so high.

Their amps do more than rated power just like any other good amp out there will.

I am starting to meter the AQ3500ds soon this coming week so let's see what they are capable of for an amp under $500.

Great, now we will have even more dipshits who want to run more than 8k to a sub just because this amp exists. Going to be a bumblefuck and I am sure a lot of these will fail based on people buying them who shouldn't.

*by no means am I implying that everyone who runs that much power is a dipshit

PG has a monster amp model announced at CES. All this talk makes me think of the days of the Harrison Labs Drag Queen.

wow sounds awesome!!! sound likes sundown audio should step up and become one of the elite 10k big @$$ amp makers in the world!!!!!!! keep in mind they don't NEED to make any 10k amps they are already well known

wow sounds awesome!!! sound likes sundown audio should step up and become one of the elite 10k big @$$ amp makers in the world!!!!!!! keep in mind they don't NEED to make any 10k amps they are already well known

I never thought I would say it but 10,000 watts is too much power in my eyes, but to each its own (you fellas have fun with these amps).

It may look cool or be nice to have a crazy piece in the model line up, but in the end it is not always worth it or financially a good move. As so many of these monster power amps get poped all the time and at the same time the competitor (because we know in reality no one needs an amp that size for daily), can strap multiple smaller, more durable, and less expensive to repair models. Plus for a competitor, (the one with the single monster amp) if one amp fries during competiton he is done until a replacement or repair, where as the other competitor with multiple smaller amplifiers has an amp pop, he just just rewire or swap in a replacement much cheaper.

Yes, there is the crowd that does not care, they just want to have the biggest what ever, just to say they have the biggest.

Also, in reality, for a daily driver making the most out of less power on less current demand is far more impressive then having loads of watts and huge alts and not putting it too it's fullest. ;)

That is why I loved the look on peoples faces when, during prototype testing, I told them all I had in the back was a single 12" sub woofer, sealed on an earth shattering 240 watts. It did not compute that I had well over 100 watts more on the front stage.

Audioque does not make SPL woofers..

Audioque woofers have high inductance, from what i've been told, which is why they rise so high.

Their amps do more than rated power just like any other good amp out there will.

I am starting to meter the AQ3500ds soon this coming week so let's see what they are capable of for an amp under $500.

aq stuff puts out rated numbers and a lil more wasnt trying to say they where bad sry if it came across like that lol, i have used the 2200s and we got 1400wrms clamped wired at 1 ohm rising to 2.7-3.0 ohms so ya they do more than rated my cadence ia9 did a bit more but is has a few more fets and a different p/s, also most woofers that can take a lot of power have a higher imps rise just need to get the coils wired down low to see 1 ohm same with dd woofers a.b. and im sure sundown shades, dont have mine in yet but ill post up results when done, gana play with a sa-8" first lol

Was that prototype testing for the DCON by chance Denim? I think I have to agree that 10k is just too much for a single amp. The current demand alone makes running something like that completely uneconomical for a daily driver and almost completely so for competition as well for many of the reasons stated above. I find it interesting that AQ is making such a big move like that. Seems like they'd put that time into another sub line or improving the amplifiers they have now.

Edited by Alton

Not planning on it in the near future. Market is too small... two 4500s and there ya go :)

Not planning on it in the near future. Market is too small... two 4500s and there ya go :)

:woot:

Was that prototype testing for the DCON by chance Denim?

Actually I used that amp (along with a bunch of others) for all our prototypes. :)

OMG. AQ finally put line outs on an amp finally... Now people dont have to Y adapt the world together in their ride!

I doubt i'd ever get one of these.... but.... it depends on the price...

I have 6 3500s right now...3 of those amps would be nice but unfortunately i am about to downgrade my power soon and try somethin different for a while.

wow sounds awesome!!! sound likes sundown audio should step up and become one of the elite 10k big @$ amp makers in the world!!!!!!! keep in mind they don't NEED to make any 10k amps they are already well known

I never thought I would say it but 10,000 watts is too much power in my eyes, but to each its own (you fellas have fun with these amps).

I heard ~10K on 4 15's today. It was like the first time I heard bass, I was in heaven.

wow sounds awesome!!! sound likes sundown audio should step up and become one of the elite 10k big @$ amp makers in the world!!!!!!! keep in mind they don't NEED to make any 10k amps they are already well known

I heard ~10K on 4 15's today. It was like the first time I heard bass, I was in heaven.

werd_msword.gif

It is a marketing move for Audioque.

We are already talking about them ! Even if they don't sell a lot of those huge amps, they "make" a step in the caraudio market. They are one of the few companies that offer such big amps.

Like MTX with their Jackhammer : I don't think they sold a lot of them, but everybody talked about them and saw them!

It's like advertising without paying anything to radios, tv's,...

Nothing exceeds like excess. You should know that, Tony.

I mean AQ...