:trippy::trippy::trippy: that would have to be one hell of an electrical system :trippy::trippy::trippy:

well, if it's rated like the American Bass amp, then it requires an 800A combined fuse setup.

all i gotta say is u better hope these big amps never get damaged outside of warranty service...

some more info has been released.

The amp will go for $1999 shipped.

The amp is rated with the following known so far-

On very clean output levels-

1500w @4ohm

3000w @2ohm

6000w @1ohm'

These ratings were done on a solid 12v load.

The 14.4v loads were tested and with slight increase in THD will give a tremendous boost in power!

@1ohm on 14.4v, expect a MINIMUM of 12,000w.

Since AQ rated this amp for USACI (they go by amp ratings), the amp's other output levels will not be publicly posted to defeat the purpose.

It is expected to do 20,000w @18v though.

Expected full potential on a 14.4v system is somewhere between 13-16,000w on high THD.

oh and for those wondering....

this amp IS more powerful than-

Phoenix Gold The ONE

SPL Dynamics version

AB AB1100.1

Cactus Sounds K9

Welcome to the big power... Coming in late March

Interesting, I find the ratings amusing. I remember a time when AQ was touting about rating their amplifiers spot on and not purposely underrating to move product. Now they are playing the underrating game.:ehh:

Interesting, I find the ratings amusing. I remember a time when AQ was touting about rating their amplifiers spot on and not purposely underrating to move product. Now they are playing the underrating game.:ehh:

I am a little confused by the ratings myself, doubling power output with an increase of only 2.4 volts with the same resistance. :puzzled:

thats because they publicly rate them at very low thd levelsto keep them rated as cheater amp

Those rating seem like bull. Sorry but doing twice the power with 2.4 volts and higher THD dont seem possible. I dont want to be a disbeliever or trash on the brand but that's a big jump. Id gladly run 2 4500Ds over it any day of the week.

i'm not trying to bash you or anyone else personally but seriously, all their other amps do what they say.

When you read people saying that their other amps do more than rated.. well their amps DO but at higher THD levels.

All their amps are rated, including this one, for what they have been tested to do.

Look at my 3500d that they dont make anymore.

It's rated at 5,000w @18v at 1%THD or 6500w @18v at 10%THD

This new amp is rated at 0.2% THD. AQ has never rated that low before and evidently must have a big jump in power with more distortion involved.

I'm not biased toward AQ just because i run their amps. I would test any amp with the right amount of tools on hand regardless of the amp.

I have not yet been able to test mine the way i want but i'm eagerly waiting too.

Previous similar testing i've done with the 3500d and the 2200d show they do minimum rated power ~ 4ohm.

It's gonna be hard for someone to test this amp physically due to the cost of it but having experience with 2 of their amps, i have no doubts and AQ's business practices are not to doubt for their amp line.

There is a pure reason why I say "cheater amp".

You're not gonna believe the crazy wattage difference because that's the purpose! That's what a cheater amp is suppose to be. :)

This is why, again, they rated the amp at crazy low THD level because USACI bases their classes by wattage ratings.

why AQ chose to focus on USACI has many curious on that move but believers or non believers... I'm sure test results from competitors will be out sometime in April if not sooner.

Those rating seem like bull. Sorry but doing twice the power with 2.4 volts and higher THD dont seem possible. I dont want to be a disbeliever or trash on the brand but that's a big jump. Id gladly run 2 4500Ds over it any day of the week.

lol thats not a fair comparison. two 4500s new would cost way more than an AQ10k brand new. im pretty sure almost everyone on here would also rather have two 4500s, but its just not a fair comparison.

lol thats not a fair comparison. two 4500s new would cost way more than an AQ10k brand new. im pretty sure almost everyone on here would also rather have two 4500s, but its just not a fair comparison.

The 10K is $1999 new, they aren't far in price. The two 4500's is a MUCH better choice for not much more.

It's fucktarded to make an amp like this, another smart move by AQ in their infinite wisdom.

/rant

The 10K is $1999 new, they aren't far in price. The two 4500's is a MUCH better choice for not much more.

It's fucktarded to make an amp like this, another smart move by AQ in their infinite wisdom.

/rant

i thought 4500s are like 1500 a pop...?

edit: nevermind, i stand corrected, theyre only 1100 a pop. although thats the pre order price... wont it go up once all the pre orders are done with?

Edited by Gioia69

The SAZ-4500D is $1200 on pre-sale, is AQ doing a 4500?

well, if it's rated like the American Bass amp, then it requires an 800A combined fuse setup.

all i gotta say is u better hope these big amps never get damaged outside of warranty service...

You can bet that people are going to break these. Excesive vibration, wiring too low or low voltage aren't things that should be covetred by warranty.

oh and for those wondering....

this amp IS more powerful than-

Phoenix Gold The ONE

SPL Dynamics version

AB AB1100.1

Cactus Sounds K9

Welcome to the big power... Coming in late March

Curious to see the guts on the AB1100.1 and the SPL dyn version...I sure hope it isn't another discussion like the bxi2608 vs aq2200 and there is real proof that they are different.

Here is the American Bass-

ab11001.jpg

here is the AQ-

aq20k001.jpg

The AQ clearly has more transformers inside and lot more caps.

Here is the Phoenix Gold version -

pg-theone.jpg

This amp is just plain terrible in comparison with the rest of the amps and you see that in their power ratings too...

Hertz has their own version too but does not live up to others in terms of power\ground inputs.. They claim massive output levels which may be true but apparently not suited for constant use.

They only have 2 inputs rather than 3. Their specs are slightly lower than AQs being a max rated output of just under 16,000w.

p6300050lc1.jpg

p6300038gg0.jpg

Here is the Ground Zero GZPA 1.10000SPL amp rated to do 11000w @1ohm... still not a clear competitor with AQ-

pa110000spl.jpg

I dont have pics of the other ones.. they are still being developed.

so how does this amp manufacturing thing go. say i have a company do i just contact a build house and tell them what i want then they give me a list of options to choose from. or do you acually have to develop a design your self. just curious.

Edited by CaptinPower

Either way. In this case it is obvious though. :(

Off topic but this is the first time for me seeing any Hertz drivers on here. I might have some of those in the background. Probably not exact model, but close.

so if i have the money i can get an amp made and then slap my brand name on it. how do i get in contact with these build houses lol

so if i have the money i can get an amp made and then slap my brand name on it. how do i get in contact with these build houses lol

Yup, as long as you order 500 amps.

If there are no problems with an amp it does make financial sense to run one large one instead of multiples. I'm running an AB 1000.1 but it is different since it is basically 2 smaller amps in 1 case. Also 4 sets of power/ground inputs instead of 2 or 3. I see both sides of the argument, but as long as there are no issues this amp meant less wiring and a lower price tag for the power I wanted.

I agree that that sort of power really isn't necessary for daily use, and the charging upgrades required to keep things at 14 volts makes the amp itself look cheap. But like someone said, even if they only sell a few of these amps it could be a good marketing ploy.