gadgeteer123

What Crossover to get

I have two 100watt rms Floor house speakers, they are 3-way and are 12" in size with a 4 inch midrange and a 2 inch tweeter. they are sanyo AVS 500 series, there is no info anywhere for these speakers. They sound great except at high volumes they do not have a crossover in them at all, which I think is kind of dumb on the company's part, these are good sounding ported house speakers that bump pretty good, they can get the walls rattling and there from the 90's. I would like it if anyone had any ideas to what frequency crossover I should get, as in what frequency's should i aim for, for these speakers? they can hit down to 30hz very nicely, and you can even slightly hear the notes to the song 'bass i love you by bassotronics", which i think is impressive for 90's house speakers with no crossover. So anyone have any ideas?

:(

wtf.

STOP making useless threads. NO ONE can answer that question. Please at least search for 15 seconds before asking a question. :(

wow , some company acually made a tree way speaker WITHOUT a crossover ......gotta love that !! I'm ripping the housings off of all my tweeters and build me a 4cu.ft box for them tuned @ 20hz TODAY !

OMG :bull:

wow, i was serious, i really plan on buying crossovers and i want to know any suggestions instead of guessing at it. and i did use the stupid search button I spent a couple hours at it. So don't assume things. And why do I have to get bashed all the time for me just wanting help. its starting to really annoy me. At this point you can ban me if you want because i'm sick of this.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

And to my warn status where it says to stop making threads without searching, I did search a lot, that is how I knew that there is no info out there for them, I looked everywhere. I even emailed the company.

And I was hoping that maybe someone knew something about these speakers, or could make an educated guess about them or something because I wan't to add a crossover, instead of listening to my mids and woofer distort at high volume. Also I do know a lot of company's didn't use crossovers, i was just stating that I think its dumb on there part, because there not taking full advantage of these nice speakers.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

What you're not understanding is that a crossover isn't just a couple guessed at components put on a board. You have to design your crossover with (at the very very least) your individual speakers, their baffle, and their tuning in to consideration.

No respected member is going to suggest you guess at components and end up killing a speaker unless the speaker has no meaning to you, in which case jump in and learn something!

Note: I just skimmed this article so I can't guarantee it's accuracy but if you read it you will undoubtedly be way smarter about crossovers and your next question will have way more promise

Passive Crossover Network Design

I know about crossovers and how they work, I will read the article though because I like to learn, but I know having the wrong crossover is not a good idea i just want to separate the the woofer from the rest, because my mids distort and my woofer plays to much at once. is there anyway at all to figure out what these speakers would like to be set at.

I'm done answering your questions. If you "knew" about crossovers you wouldn't have even taken the time to start this thread.

Exactly and you don't "get" a crossover, you make one and that requires measurements which you would have found if you searched at all.

found what measurements?/ there isn't any info on these speakers, they where uncommon and are from the 90's there isn't any info on these, I found a couple for sale on google but thats it. these are outdated. If you find any real info on theses you are the internet god. i'd even maybe pay someone if they could get me real accurate specs on these sanyo avs 500 speakers. If anyone cares what they look like, I found some damaged ones on google for an example. Lot #6367 Sanyo Stereo Equipment - Listing # 2624

measurements, like how long is your index finger. You can't always find measurements on google, i can't find the length of your index finger anywhere.... maybe you would have to actually measure it?

oh those measurements, i wasn't sure if you meant as in size, or as in frequency measurement or what. sorry.. you can get pre-built crossovers, I am not looking for perfection, i'm looking for a slight improvement, and how would the size matter in a crossover?

I did read the article you mentioned. i'm not good with math so some of it i couldnt read but i did read 2/3rds of it

You CAN'T get a pre-built crossover. Doesn't work that way. What you have for drivers REQUIRE that you build one.

:threadsucks: