Hotdog69

Hotdog69's Build Log

This build pisses me off lol too many things wrong.

Your saying you didn't like the 4gauge positive and 8 gauge negative he ran on his last amp?

Pisses a lot of people off especially when I beat them in there class. So maybe it is not so wrong.. it all a matter of opinion :)

Wow !!! interesting ... :popcorn:

Thank you :)

Your saying you didn't like the 4gauge positive and 8 gauge negative he ran on his last amp?

I have another amp that I have not hooked up yet so I have not mounted the distribution block for the mids amp yet. That is 6 gauge not 4 gauge and that amp only accepts 8 gauge inputs so I had to shave some of the wire off the 6 gauge so it would fit. I have a P5002 amp I plan on adding into the system when I finally decide to tackle my doors with some fiberglass, it will be running only mid-bass still have not decided on 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 yet.

Also if anyone is going to slamology I will be competing there.. so come check it out :)

Finally got my 4 15's in and better box and porting.

UPDATES

New RFX9320 in now

IMG_8480.jpg

4 15" Old School Rockford Fosgate RFR2215

IMG_8478.jpg

140sq in of port tuned a little high at 43hz but I have a removable port now so I can make another one.

IMG_8476.jpg

Finally got the 150 mark USACI style with driver door open and meter in the kick. Also did a 150.5 at a USACI event.

2950rms clamped

Congrats!

I like all the RF stuff. Good job.

Thank you, took me a while to track down the other 2 old school 15's then I had to recone one of them before I could put them all in. But I am happy with it

looks darn good man. any updates on the speakers?

looks darn good man. any updates on the speakers?

Subs are in and playing. Check my youtube link I have a video of it. I would post it but I am on mobile.

i meant door speakers. you had said about upgrading them early on i thought. just figured you might do a little upgrade photo of the amp or whatever.

I have not got around to doing that yet. Would have if I would of sold my other stuff but I hooked my wife up with a system in her ride too. I am wanting to do some custom doors with fiberglass with a nice Midbass, Midrange and tweeter. It will be done eventually and I definitely need to because the bass will totally drowned out my current speakers unless I turn the sum output down to about 22 out of 30 on the head unit.

i hear ya. i'm going to try and learn fiberglassing myself so i can do the same. just build my own door card able to hold multiple speakers and such

i hear ya. i'm going to try and learn fiberglassing myself so i can do the same. just build my own door card able to hold multiple speakers and such

I know the whole process of doing it. I have read a lot and watch many videos on it but I kind of want to get new door panels to modify and keep my originals. I don't want to alter my original panels.

same here. i'm going to be junk yarding a set that matches and saving those for when i sell my truck within a year. my original panels have some holes already from my tweeters now so i figure why not bust them up some more... good luck and keep us updated

Nice build man. You have taken some critical comments and responded respectfully, props.

Learn as you go, that's what I do :)

Nice build man. You have taken some critical comments and responded respectfully, props.

Learn as you go, that's what I do :)

Thank you

Everybody that has done car audio has failed at one point or another whether they want to admit it or not,I am no different. I try to take criticism and make my build better in my own time and just enjoy what I have done weather it be right or wrong. I still have a lot I want to do to this ride but then a build is never done right :)

So this past weekend I decided to cut another top piece to double it up and used five 1" Dowel Rods to brace the box. I used a router with a 3/4 round over bit all around the top of the box.

2011-07-17230849.jpg

Still have to paint the top yet since I did not have time that day for it to dry and all. I also made a cover for it because to me it looks cleaner that way. I just simply pull the cover off for events or when metering.

2011-07-17230830.jpg

The Result's were great with doubling up the top, Routeing the top edges and the bracing. It was definitely a noticeable difference.

Also sealing off the Sunroof area but doing it in a way that it can be removed and back to factory if needed. I dont really use it either. Found some cardboard that I can slide in there and its 3 layers thick about 1/2" and goes about 2" underneath the headliner all around then duck taped the edge's to the seal

I will build it up some more and carpet it so it looks nice.

2011-07-18113243.jpg

Also finished building up the moon roof and carpeting it. The panel is removable if I want to take it out nothing permanent.

here is the finished picture

2011-07-18134541.jpg

How has the panel held up with the bass going? Looks badass man fa sho :attempt:

How has the panel held up with the bass going? Looks badass man fa sho :attempt:

Well with the stock moon roof closed I used card board that is about 4" longer then the moon roof. I slid it underneath the headliner until I had clearance on the other side then I slide it underneath the headliner on the other side. There is about 2" of overlap on all side of the headliner that keep it in place. Then I duck taped all the pieces together and then duck taped it to the seal around the moon roof this portion is about three layers thick or I would guestimate 1/2".

Then I used three more layers of cardboard to fit tight in the opening to make it flush and spray glued the three pieces together and finally used duck tape around the whole edge of the three I glued together.

Next I laid out my carpet and spray glued the carpet and the panel and let them tack up then bonded them together. Then applied spray glue to the peice already in the vehicle and to the back side of the panel i made and let them tack up. Then I pressed the two together and used more duck tape to seal up the bottom lip of the rubber boot around the moon roof. The carpet was then just tucked in around the edges the best I could.

Here is one part of my build I have really never shown. Here is the Rockford Fosgate Omnifi DMP1 which is a pretty sweet unit. With this unit you can sync wireless with the home pc if you wanted to but I have never used that feature. Omnifi has is own proprietary format but I ditched it for Openfi which allows me to run a small linux type os on the omnifi. Also I modified the DMP1 by taking the 20gb drive out and putting in a 160gb drive full of music.

here is the vid

The DMP1 looks pretty sweet. It is nice to have options :P

i honestly have one of those sitting in my room ready to be put somewhere. whether it be in my truck or in my girlfriends.

love the unit, really fun

I have one more input on the back of the radio that I use for the ipod. Also there is a usb port on the omnifi that is used for the wifi adapter, however if you use openfi for the dmp1 you can use a usb drive and openfi will read the music of of the usb drive.

Made a couple bus bars yesterday I will probably get them hooked up this weekend. One positive and one ground

IMG_8520.jpg

They look good bro. :fing34: