gadgeteer123

To all those who know me on her and to those who will know me.

I know I may seem dumb to some of you guys on here since you guys are pro's and know your stuff. But audio, whether its car audio or house audio or even headphones it not my hobby its my passion, my obsession. I want to learn everything about it, not just the basics, I want to know everything even if its barely necessary. But some of you guys aren't very willing to teach me, I do search Google 90% of the time there have been a couple times I didn't but its usually because I wasn't thinking or the fact I am tired, since I stay up late. But can you guys help me when I need it so I can be as smart as you. :) please. I'm sorry if this is a problem.

Stop making stupid threads and read the forum. Search the forum. Absorb the forum.

Actually, just stop making threads. This isn't a place for wasting space...yet again another one of the rules you seem to not understand.

? I thought this was off-topic, I thought you can talk about anything in here, and be open minded???? Whats the point of Off Topic section if we can't be open and random?? People post pics of there dogs and wifes in here, that is no more random or out there than what i typed. You just must not like me. I'm a nice guy you could ask about 500 people who would agree.

That wasn't specific to this thread but instead a reference to ALL of your others. Off topic indeed fire away. Anywhere else DON'T make ANY more as none of them have been helpful to you or the board.

Some have been helpful, the one that helped me build my house box for my xcon, or the one where I showed my first box build which wasn't to bad for being my first. and I have made a couple helpful comments here and there.

Not so sure, had you followed the t&c's you would have gotten different recommendations on your box. Instead you didn't.

Well this was gonna be my temporary box for only 3 monthes so it wasn't a big deal to me, if this was gonna be my long term box I would got as many recomendations as I could, and I would of found a wood shop instead of using a jigsaw to cut everything. But the box is built and it sound pretty good givin the fact its poorly powered and in a house.

Look dude just read this an other forums alot of info on them as for this one there are some people on here who must get a kick outta putting people down cause the more I read some peoples post the more I hate coming in here thats why I don't post often. But like I said theres other places to find info from just keep reading an there are some very helpful people in this one also just don't give up on your passion I've been messing with car audio for 16yrs mostly just mine an my friends stuff went to school for electronics so I know where you coming from bout loving audio

ok, I do ask in some topics, and I do read alot of topics on here. I have been learning a lot in my 5 years of car audio, the first 2 years I learned by myself, I guess i got used to forums now. I may seem like a noob to a lot of you guys since you are so experienced. But I am the smartest guy in car audio in my town, it is only a town of 721 ppl though. Everyone here thinks i'm a genius and they all agree my car is the loudest they have ever heard. When i know there is so much that is louder. But it is my goal to eventually go from my nice car stereo to a audiophile grade one, but no job keeps that at a slow pace. and there aren't any jobs here. Right now the only things of good quality is my ssa xcon, my enclosure that is currently getting built by audible customs and my polk momo 6x9's

thanks, I will keep on reading, I do read just about every post that comes up on the recent topics on here and I check it every 5-30 minutes, while i'm awake.

thanks, I will keep on reading, I do read just about every post that comes up on the recent topics on here and I check it every 5-30 minutes, while i'm awake.

That a good start!!!trink40.gif I have been wiring car stereos for 15 yrs but I didn't know how to do it right until a year ago. Now I am starting understand what I am doing (thank god) and not just blindly doing one thing after another to "BE LOUDER".

Everything I would read I would say thats crazy, like only running front speakers or leaving the EQ flat or very close to flat. So I would try these things and say WOW these guys have "been there, done that".

A couple good thing to read about are:

The way the human ear and brain process sound (very important)

Magic Frequencies (understand what you are hearing and why it sounds like shit when it sounds like shit)

Volts, Watts, Amperes and how they relate.(feel the power)

The people here are willing to help, but they will not spoon feed you. (just point you in the right direction)

You know I still go into the technical section, and advanced section and re read, you always have to search and brush up on knowledge. No one person knows everything about this hobby.