Sign in to follow this  
BryanTheCEO

lvl 4's vs BL's?

How do these two stack up against each other?

I like Fi, but am now the owner of a DC amp. Matching equipment might be nice. Plus, I don't think anyone in Miami has DC.

Did you compare specs from the respective web sites?

Both are very good drivers from very good companies! Toss a coin is basically what it comes down to.

Yeah, both are beefy and I don't think you can go wrong with either sub. Just seeing what other people think and if anyone has experience with both.

When it comes to reading specs, they really aren't basically the same so a coin toss wouldn't solve much, I would I go with the DC Level 4 for its higher excursion capability, and they get nice and low. Looking at their site.. DC'S... I would be worried about some copyright infringement or something a long those lines since their logo looks a lot... a lot... like DC Shoe Company's but that really doesn't have anything to do with you.

Edited by keetykush

I would be worried about some copyright infringement or something a long those lines since their logo looks a lot... a lot... like DC Shoe Company's but that really doesn't have anything to do with you.

Lol.

I thought that too at first

Pretty different subs. Depends a lot on your goals. As an aside, matching an amp isn't a reason why I'd ever lean towards one or the other, but in application there will be a difference. Picking based on Xmax doesn't make sense either...

Picking solely on xmax, would be a stupid decision... but I do love me some excursion, and I look at it as a plus.I look at my warn status, and you talk about me being a douche and you don't like my attitude, when you come off with an attitude on countless post... you told me to post nice or not post at all... shit you never come off as "nice" and from the looks of things you are the one that comes off as a "douche".

Edited by keetykush

Pretty different subs. Depends a lot on your goals. As an aside, matching an amp isn't a reason why I'd ever lean towards one or the other, but in application there will be a difference. Picking based on Xmax doesn't make sense either...

Picking solely on xmax, would be a stupid decision... but I do love me some excursion, and I look at it as a plus.I look at my warn status, and you talk about me being a douche and you don't like my attitude, when you come off with an attitude on countless post... you told me to post nice or not post at all... shit you never come off as "nice" and from the looks of things you are the one that comes off as a "douche".

Huh? Grow up. Earned yourself your last warning and a bit of vacation. Not quite sure how you went from my post to me being a douche other than the fact that you obviously hate me and everything I type. Stop taking things personally and move on forward otherwise you won't have the choice.

I see this type of reply from ALOT of new people on this forum. I think M5 simply tells people how it is with no fluff and it's usually not what they want to hear and they think he's being an ass about it. Plus I'm sure he gets tired of the newbs who post the ridiculous "Think this will go boom like so?" posts and questions that could be answered with a simple search too and I can see where he can get a little edgey about it sometimes. Besides where did he ever refer to you as a douche? Not in this thread anyway, so why dump in the OP's thread about it?

Now, to the OP, If you already own Fi then I wouldn't think about changing anything if I was you. However, if you've bought the amp and are looking for subs to go along with it, purchase the ones that meet the goals the best for the sound you're looking for and the budget you have to spend on them. DC makes some fantastic subwoofers, there's countless threads on both brands about the build quality, sound, and SPL from their subs. You really can't go wrong with either as long as you're buying it to fit the purpose and goal.