Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Sundown Z v.2 Pricing

Had alot of requests for pricing so here it is.

Standard (you can pick 2 or 3 spiders):

10" - $415 / MSRP - $535

12" - $425 / MSRP - $550

15" - $440 / MSRP - $570

18" - $480 / MSRP - $620

OPTIONS:

Double tinsel leads* - Add $10

Nightshade Cone** - Add $10

Nightshade Spiders (you can pick 2 or 3)*** - Add $20

Additional spiders (more than 3)**** - Add $5 each

* - If you will be running an amp at 0.5 ohm or more than 2000 watts or so I suggest this. Generally speaking you will not need it if you are not an SPL competitor putting large amounts of burp power to the driver - but it is there if you want it. If you don't need them I suggest not getting them as they can chatter a bit at low volumes since they are two separate leads - probably won't hear this at all in a box listening to music, though. They are primarily designed for SPL competitors that need the extra current capacity!

** - The 18" uses the Nightshade cone, this is standard. This option is available on 10s, 12s, and 15s. Only SPL competitors will need the Nightshade cone - and even then only for VERY high power.

*** - The Nightshade spider is totally different. If you do not know why you would want them then you don't need them.

**** - I do not suggest using more than three. But if you must have them they are available.

Wow! That is a very customizable woofer for the money!

You can order from an online dealer if you like.

If you DO NOT have a local dealer you could also order from me. Contact me and I will see if you have a local dealer.

with the cone of nightshade, and the spiders of nightshade, what changes in addition to power handling?

to play music, what changes? lower/high frequencies of agreement, more/minor punch, sound harder or softer...?

okay sorry but i have to ask to be clear(noob question). with more spiders will the rms handling fo the sub increase? also what is the purpose of doulbe tinsel leads? for increase power handling and reliabilty?

sorry for asking but i am sure other ppl may have similar questions!

also nice job on the customization features available and sweet pricing

okay sorry but i have to ask to be clear(noob question). with more spiders will the rms handling fo the sub increase? also what is the purpose of doulbe tinsel leads? for increase power handling and reliabilty?

More spiders would only be necessary for a very large enclosure or for STUPID amounts of burp power... I've put 7200 watt burps on the 2 spider configuration @ 53 Hz. I only offer it because some folks DEMAND more spiders.

Double leads quite naturally handle more current... if you have an amp @ 1/2 ohm you will want them - or if you are burping 4000+ watts or so.

with the cone of nightshade, and the spiders of nightshade, what changes in addition to power handling?

to play music, what changes? lower/high frequencies of agreement, more/minor punch, sound harder or softer...?

The Nightshade cone should only be used for the following :

1) To lower the driver Fs as it is 70 grams heavier

2) For applications where you might break the Z v.2 cone -- small CRX style tube enclosures would be one example

The Nightshade spiders should only be used if you know why you want them... many folks changing over from the old NS v.1 may want them so that the suspension characteristics match their enclosure testing data.

For 90% of people the regular configuration with the standard Z v.2 cones, single leads, and either 2 or 3 spiders is perfect.

More spiders would only be necessary for a very large enclosure or for STUPID amounts of burp power... I've put 7200 watt burps on the 2 spider configuration @ 53 Hz. I only offer it because some folks DEMAND more spiders.

Double leads quite naturally handle more current... if you have an amp @ 1/2 ohm you will want them - or if you are burping 4000+ watts or so.

awesome! thanks for your quick reply and knowledgeable response!

ok, as always you are very nice and clear

excellent products! I can not wait to try them together with nightshade: D

last question, the difference with the nightshade v2?

the nightshade v2 are harder and therefore more directed towards the SPL?

z v2 unable to agree to lower? 33-35hz? and nightshade v2? (obviously for play music)

z v2 unable to agree to lower? 33-35hz? and nightshade v2? (obviously for play music)

The advantage of the Nightshade v.2 is MUCH more power handling long-term... voice coil is almost 50% longer than the Z v.2 and is double the layers of wire.

Both can be used equally well for daily systems and for SPL systems -- they will also both play very low if the box is tuned properly.

Example - NS v.1 playing almost 150 dB @ 35 hz :

are these available now

12, 15, and 18 models with Dual-2 are available now.

10" models and D1 are not yet.

what is the mounting depth like on the 12"? :santa:

Just a HAIR less than the NS v.1 -- you can assume it is the same for most purposes.

The advantage of the Nightshade v.2 is MUCH more power handling long-term... voice coil is almost 50% longer than the Z v.2 and is double the layers of wire.

Both can be used equally well for daily systems and for SPL systems -- they will also both play very low if the box is tuned properly.

Example - NS v.1 playing almost 150 dB @ 35 hz :

then as final yield, are more or less the same response as the sound? changes only the power handling?

The NS v.2 will have a lower Fs in most cases with stock suspension vs. the Z v.2 -- this is because the NS v.2 uses the "Nightshade cone" and also a much heavier voice coil. The extra mass decreases the Fs.

Lower Fs typically gives you more low-end output.

I can simply reduce spider stiffness on the Z v.2 to gain a low Fs as well -- but your sacrifice mechanical power handling.

In my option, though, the Italian market with like the NS v.2 the most -- you guys like to put BIG power on speakers :)

Oh yah... D1 coils just arrived.

So we can build 12s, 15s, and 18s now in D1 or D2.

10" frames are not in yet.

Oh yah... D1 coils just arrived.

So we can build 12s, 15s, and 18s now in D1 or D2.

10" frames are not in yet.

Awesome!!! I need two Z v.2 12"s. Dual 1ohm coils, double leads, standard cone, two spiders (the magic ones), hold the lettuce, extra cheese, and a partridge in a pear tree. Oh yeah, put the ranch on the side please. :santa:

Be there to pick them up next week.

The NS v.2 will have a lower Fs in most cases with stock suspension vs. the Z v.2 -- this is because the NS v.2 uses the "Nightshade cone" and also a much heavier voice coil. The extra mass decreases the Fs.

Lower Fs typically gives you more low-end output.

I can simply reduce spider stiffness on the Z v.2 to gain a low Fs as well -- but your sacrifice mechanical power handling.

In my option, though, the Italian market with like the NS v.2 the most -- you guys like to put BIG power on speakers :)

yes :D

what is the mounting depth like on the 12"? :santa:

Just a HAIR less than the NS v.1 -- you can assume it is the same for most purposes.

so 8.25"? i only have 7.5" to work with because of truck :Doh:

Are these prices shipped???

Sign in to follow this