shakes

Your first system...

I didn't see this done here before, if it was forgive me.

The Xcon in the door thread got me all nostalgic. What was your first system and what was it in?

My first system was in an 88 Sunbird convertible, 1 Cerwin Vega XL-12 powered by an Earthquake 250x ( think that's what it was called at least) later I added some Blaupunkt 6x9's powered by an Alpine 3522. I upgraded to a pair of punch XLC's shortly thereafter and eventually some Audiobahn Alum 10's before I junked the car because a large portion of the top tore off and it had no heat in January in Minnesota.

I remember driving around for hours at a time going no where at all and in a huge hurry to get there. I miss 95 cents/gallon gas.

Kenwood Tape Player, 2x20 Kenwood amp, and a truck box in the trunk of my car. Crap ass piezo bullets that were piercing which was convenient since that was the only way the treble came through into the cab. Sure beat the 8 track and mono-front speaker it replaced but I didn't keep it all that long either.

*and of course I wouldn't consider this a system but it was my first car audio setup that wasn't stock

i think it was the old pyle driver 15", mounted in a cardboard box, wrapped up with two rolls of duct tape.

had a two channel mtx amp hooked up through the lighter and the box set on the pasenger floor board , unless someone was in it, then on the tranny hump.

every thing else was factory and used lamp cords for wiring......

it wasn't till about four years after that did i start a new set-up, right before i graduated high school.

seemed like it was top notch to a couple of jr high school kids though.

lol, thanks for the memories.

chop

soundSTORM 1000w amp, audiobahn flame q 12, and some blaupunkt 6.5's in my 95 maxima. Later added a 12 type r beside the flame q. Q was inverted and type r was normal both in separate prefab junk boxes. Ha I thought I was the shit until my friends parents took them to local shops and they all got w7's / tdx's and the likes. On yeah I had one of lthose Sony stealth head unit's. It was all black and would flip down to show the buttons. Pretty sleek and stealthy although it would stick out an inch and a half from the dash in stealth mode. Ha reminds me of chris farley in Beverly hills ninja

1991 GMC Jimmy, Clarion head which I loved. One sub amp by power acustiks 1200 watts, I had bought it from a traviling road show. It was old school kind of like the apachie series but it was chrome and 600 watts per side, it was two amps in one with the meters infront. My subs were 6 10 inch woofers 3 mtx I believe 3000 series i could be wrong they were all black and raised MTX logo on the front. And 3 JL 10 w1. The JLs came out of a triple 10 box i had bought from tweeter and the MTX cam from circut city. Zero gage wire and a high amp alternator. My box was .75 cubes per chamber i had built by Boomer Mcloud. Those were the days, i miss that truck.

Ha Ha where to start. I grew up in a diesel mechanic shop that my dad owned and he would let me strip stereos out of old cars. I had a Kraco tape deck and some Spark-o-matics speakers I mounted on a piece of plywood in my room and wired up with an 12v converter. I was 12.

i started with a 87 jimmy with a pioneer head unit, a profile Cali series 600watt(i think...hells thats been 18 years ago) and 2 kicker 12's in a sealed box....

kenwood deck, two 12'' eclipse in a ported box just sitting on top of my back seat in my 95 chevy truck powered by a jl audio 500.1 and highs run by a orion amp. lol it sounded like crap cause i had no idea what i was doing but after messing with it everyday for about 6 months i finally got it sounding good

1980 Datsun 280ZX

Alpine tape deck

Punch 45

Punch 150

2 10" Cerwin Vegas

2 sets of 6x9's in boxes in the rear.

Alpine tape deck.

I was the SHIT! :drink40:

My first was in my 1970 Chevy long bed truck. Had a pair of 12" Thump subwoofers in a 5cuft ported enclosure in the bed of the truck because the gas tank is behind the seat in those trucks. They were powered by two Profile A200XL's bridged on each sub. They were powered by an US Amps A50HC competition amp that a gave me for repairing his HU, but I couldn't use it because it ran the battery down while driving sad.gif. So I traded a guy for the two Profiles and once I learned what that amp really was I could've kicked myself hard. Had a Pioneer cassette deck running it with Audiovox 6x9's in the wedge boxes under the front of the seats because it was the only place to put them, and some cheap tweeters from the walmart mounted on the dash.

Edited by Alton

98 taurus (current car) with the stuff in my sig.

lets see ... it was my 1st vehicle a 77 chevy 3/4 ton reg cab truck when i bought it , it only had 70,000 miles on it was still all original.

it had the factory stereo an AM stereo so before i put a deck in there i had a cd walkman with 2 battery powered computer speakers hooked up to it ! (im glad those days are over )

Pioneer Premier DEH-P600 hedunit, a pair of 10" Sentrek subs in a prefab bandpass enclosure with a 200w Sentrek 2-channel amplifier and Pioneer 6x9's in the rear deck. For those who don't know since Sentrek is now defunct.....they are pretty much equivalent to Pyramid. Although I was able to upgrade my Sentrek amplifier to a Lanzar Vibe and the subs to Kicker Comps (which were all the rage in my area) after about 6 months.

Everyone was a n00b once.

Pioneer 5000UB, Punch 500-2, and a Punch Stage 3 12" sub. Speaker upgrades a such came later, but it was awesome when I first got it.

First system was in a 94 Camry, I had the CD player to tape converter, Stock speakers front and back, all blown!! Then in the trunk i T-ed off the connections and put it into a 12" no name sub that i had mounted into a 5 gallon water cooler, then i duct taped it down!!!!! and i bungee corded the cooler to the side so it wouldn't roll around!! Thing it it actually worked!!! Not the greatest, but for 10 bucks i had "some" bass!!! I wish i had taken pictures!!!! yes i do miss the 95cent gas also!!!

OH man. a '77 mustang II hatch.

2 soundstream 10s in a plexi box,

jensen 200w amp,

blaupunk cd player and door speakers.

2 12" audiobahn fire excursions on a "800 watt" audiobahn amp in a sealed box off some kid for 300 bucks. now that it think about it, i got ripped off.

2 - 12" Sony Xplods on a sealed enclosure I think (I cant remember) on a Sony Amp with a cap and cheap ass tweeters and everything else stock until I got a Pioneer Premier headunit.

It was in a '77 Gold Edition Trans Am. I think it was either 2 Pyle 10's or 2 Kicker 10's. Can't rememebr its been so long ago. 2 Pioneer 4 Way 6x9's in the rear deck. And a Sony cassette player. My amp I had a Power 300 hundred for my subs. I can't remember what I had for my highs might of been the radio running the high's lol. I haven't thought back that far in a long time.

My first system: The Beast :peepwall:

I had a home brew POS box that went into a jetta 2 10" visoniks. 200 watts of amplifier powa!

Honestly the box was only crappy because I intended to vent it, but never got around to finishing the ports but it made the boom boom noise. I had it on a switch to power the amp on and off throught the remote wire. Hooked up an inline LED too so I would remember it if I left it on.

Actually the install on the wires was 10974984709x better than anything else. I did use .75" MDF with bracing though.

A Sparkomatic 2 shaft am/fm cassette player with no auto reverse and a pair of dual cone 4" speakers. Came with the radio as a kit for Christmas from my folks. Added a Pyramid eq-booster and a pair of Pioneer 6x9 2-ways later.

Alpine CDA-9886

Alpine Type-S Two-Way Door Speakers

JL Audio 250/1

10" Kicker L5 Solobaric

Rockford Fosgate Wiring

lol it was a pair of 10" fea market subs wired tot he factory wiring in the rear rear dash no amp itwas bangin. I took pictures and everything