dub26z

kicker question?

i just bought 2 kicker l7 15"inch woofers they came in a groundshaker box sealed until i get a custom ported box.the amk that came with it is a koleaudio 2400 watt i know its not true watts it has 3 -30 amp fuses anyone know how many watts it might push?and also the subs are 2005 model are they almost as the 2009 kicker l7?thanks for any info... :drink40:

Edited by dub26s

Who knows, set your gains with an O-scope and don't worry about it.

If you don't have one a safe bet would be 50% of rated power or 500w. Perhaps it will do more, but it won't be double (and therefore inaudible if different) so keep it safe.

Look the model number up on any search engine and you can find a link to tell you the specs. Just curious but why are you posting such basic questions that you can find on the net yourself?

Look the model number up on any search engine and you can find a link to tell you the specs. Just curious but why are you posting such basic questions that you can find on the net yourself?

It doesn't matter how basic the question is. this is a forum, of course there website is gonna say it's true wattage that's why i ask. :suicide-santa:

It doesn't matter how basic the question is this is a forum, of course there website is gonna say it's true wattage that's why i ask. :suicide-santa:

It matters if you can find the answer yourself. Thats annoying.

If their site tells you its true specs, then why would you ask? Do you think theyre lying?

It doesn't matter how basic the question is this is a forum, of course there website is gonna say it's true wattage that's why i ask. :suicide-santa:

It matters if you can find the answer yourself. Thats annoying.

If their site tells you its true specs, then why would you ask? Do you think theyre lying?

actually i do,kind of like performance technique has a 4000 watt amp for 189$ and im sure that aint right..my bad if i looked lazy i really couldnt find what i was looking for.. :trippy:

actually i do,kind of like performance technique has a 4000 watt amp for 189$ and im sure that aint right..my bad if i looked lazy i really couldnt find what i was looking for.. :trippy:

Nothing is ever right if you are looking at max ratings. Max ratings are a marketing ploy to get people to think they are getting tons of watts. In reality its a bunch of :bull:.

So no, you wont get 4k rms for $189. Its not possible. You will get max, which is what they are advertising.

The Kicker stuff will take what it says easily in their recommended box.

If you want to know the other limits of it beyond that you either need to install it many ways or to really model it correctly.

Nothing is ever right if you are looking at max ratings. Max ratings are a marketing ploy to get people to think they are getting tons of watts. In reality its a bunch of :bull:.

So no, you wont get 4k rms for $189. Its not possible. You will get max, which is what they are advertising.

lol ya i got a "1000w" pyramid amp that we clamped at 100 rms rofl

i would say in perfect conditions its gona make at 14.4 V around 1,000 watts at 1ohms

actually i take that back , because that is a class AB amp its more like at 60% efficiency and at best its really going to be around 780 watts at 14.4 V bridged at 1 ohm

in there at the store and specs they show you that at 1 ohm bridged it will do 1,080 watts but they are measuring it at 83% efficiency witch AB amps are rarely if ever that efficient