Gioia69

mids/highs 2ohm vs 4ohm

i know pretty much nothing about mids and highs just to throw that out there. Is there a big enough difference between running mids/highs on 2 ohms vs 4 ohms that is actually worth sacrificing the power to run @ 4 ohms? or is 2 ohms going to be good enough for a daily driver?

edit: by the way if anyone has a good place to educate myself on mids/highs that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Gioia69

There is no sound difference between 2 and 4 ohms. I would never choose a speaker based on that. I wouldn't worry about the power difference.

Here is a pretty good place, just keep asking questions.

Once sensitivity is understood and taken into the equation, it's 8 Ohm drivers all the way :D

Subs...2, 4, 8...doesn't matter too much, IMO.

There is no sound difference between 2 and 4 ohms. I would never choose a speaker based on that. I wouldn't worry about the power difference.

but i thought when the impedance is higher, the amp has more control over the cone... resulting in more accurate reproduction?...

but i thought when the impedance is higher, the amp has more control over the cone... resulting in more accurate reproduction?...

How do you figure?

Not an audible differance, If you are refering to damping.

Not an audible differance, If you are refering to damping.

yeah. i thought the damping factor goes up as impedance goes up, and the total harmonic distortion goes down as impedance goes up. so i thought that at higher impedance it implied better sound... so i take it im wrong?

Hahahahaha.

How do you figure?

well i dont know what logic is suposed to be behind it, but ive heard that in the past over at ROE. but im assuming im wrong...

Hahahahaha.

dont laugh, ass. im trying to learn here.

Hahahahaha.

Easy tough guy. KU gave you your answer, I'll laugh all I want because you could have used he search function and found the answer easier.

Hahahahaha.

Easy tough guy. KU gave you your answer, I'll laugh all I want because you could have used he search function and found the answer easier.

i bet you feel good laughing at people that are trying to learn a thing or two. usually the search function just leads to a ton of different threads, and id have to read through all of them, which would take longer than just starting a thread. real mature.

well i dont know what logic is suposed to be behind it, but ive heard that in the past over at ROE. but im assuming im wrong...

Good assumption is to assume nearly everything you've learned there that didn't come from Aaron or John to be wrong. *could be others but I don't go there as the nonsense drives me nuts

Hahahahaha.

i bet you feel good laughing at people that are trying to learn a thing or two. usually the search function just leads to a ton of different threads, and id have to read through all of them, which would take longer than just starting a thread. real mature.

Now you know why I get pissed when people make stupid threads. Searching WOULD be useful if all these asshats actually followed the T&C's. An 8ohm load is easier on your amplifiers for sure, but hearing the difference between amplifiers properly setup just isn't going to happen in your car.