Nathan@XSPower

Battery Ratings and Info

great info. :fing34:

:werd_msword:

Any truth to the saying that mixing batteries will cause them to discharge one another?

More specifically, I have an Optima red top under hood and 3 yellow tops in back. I want to replace the yellow tops with one large XS battery in back to clean up my install. Will this cause ill effects to the red top or to the XS?

Thank you for clearing up the AH crap. That is the one specification that is tossed around like the gospel and I appreciate someone telling it like it is. :drink40: That said, what specifications are most important when looking for batteries we use in car audio.

Any truth to the saying that mixing batteries will cause them to discharge one another?

More specifically, I have an Optima red top under hood and 3 yellow tops in back. I want to replace the yellow tops with one large XS battery in back to clean up my install. Will this cause ill effects to the red top or to the XS?

Thank you for clearing up the AH crap. That is the one specification that is tossed around like the gospel and I appreciate someone telling it like it is. :drink40: That said, what specifications are most important when looking for batteries we use in car audio.

Yes, there is some truth to mixing the batteries. We do not recommend mixing batteries with different chemistry make up. For instance in your case our batteries have a different chemistry make up than the optimas, and over time the bigger XS Power battery will drain the smaller optima.

Any truth to the saying that mixing batteries will cause them to dischar

I did edit my post on the AH comment. I shouldn't have said useless, because it does have some importance but is not the

Yes, there is some truth to mixing the batteries. We do not recommend mixing batteries with different chemistry make up. For instance in your case our batteries have a different chemistry make up than the optimas, and over time the bigger XS Power battery will drain the smaller optima.

How about mixing same brand but dif. Model of xs battery like d3400 and d3100?

Any truth to the saying that mixing batteries will cause them to dischar

I did edit my post on the AH comment. I shouldn't have said useless, because it does have some importance but is not the

How about mixing same brand but dif. Model of xs battery like d3400 and d3100?

That would be fine. We have a lot of guys running different sizes of batteries in the same vehicle and a very common install is the 3400 under the hood and 3100s in the back.

how would u compare yourselfs with other brands? are you all a bit more expensive but with better results? or just marketing? thanks for any input!

how would u compare yourselfs with other brands? are you all a bit more expensive but with better results? or just marketing? thanks for any input!

100% marketing..............lol

... what specifications are most important when looking for batteries we use in car audio.

This never got answered, and I've always wondered the same. After making the statement that the AH rating is useless, what should we be looking at to judge the power of a battery?

Edited by watts09

... what specifications are most important when looking for batteries we use in car audio.
This never got answered, and I've always wondered the same. After making the statement that the AH rating is useless, what should we be looking at to judge the power of a battery?
Would like to know as well For example, when I go look for a battery, these are the most common specs to look at: <BR><BR>AutomotiveChemistry - Wet Cell <BR>Voltage - 12.0V <BR>Capacity - 270ah <BR>Rating - 3240 whr <BR>CCA - 1400 <BR>Cells - automotive Connector - 6 cells <BR><BR>So based off of this battery, what are the things I should be concerned with when making a purchaceing decision? Edited by Sencheezy

Apparently cca and ah are related somewhat. So higher cca should be more of the goal. At least I was told this in my battery thread. Look in the automotive section. Mobile right now sry

Actually it has been answered more times than I care to remember............lol but just not on this forum I guess.

The ratings you need to look at are not there. Plain and simple. I know that is not what you want to hear, but it is in the truth. There is no one rating that is recognized in the industry that really relates to mobile audio. CCA and CA doesn't relate because it takes the voltage down to low in the testing. AH and RC are low amperage pulls, which doesn't relate.

There will probably never be a single rating you can look at to determine which battery is the best for mobile audio. So what is there to look for? Performance History, Company History, Battery Make Up, Battery Design, Customer Service, and the company and products track record.

Sorry it is not easier, but that unfortunately is just the way it is.