Nathan@XSPower

Whats the difference in the S version and D version?

All of the S version of the batteries come with brass automotive terminals. All of the S versions also come with metal protective cases (EXCEPT FOR THE S3400) for added under the hood protection. The S3400 DOES NOT come with a metal protective case.

The D version batteries do not come with auto terminals, but they do come with the bolts and washer to use with ring terminals. Automotive terminals can be purchased separately (part number # 580 or 586) for these versions.

So, if you are going to use the battery under the hood I would suggest buying the S version, but if you are going to use it as a secondary battery the D version would be more economical.

All of the S version of the batteries come with brass automotive terminals. All of the S versions also come with metal protective cases (EXCEPT FOR THE S3400) for added under the hood protection. The S3400 DOES NOT come with a metal protective case.

The D version batteries do not come with auto terminals, but they do come with the bolts and washer to use with ring terminals. Automotive terminals can be purchased separately (part number # 580 or 586) for these versions.

So, if you are going to use the battery under the hood I would suggest buying the S version, but if you are going to use it as a secondary battery the D version would be more economical.

I know this is old information but anymore clarification? Is there any point to the S battery if I say end up using audio terminal bolts on it??? Is it actually better for starting?

Take S3400 and D3400 .... What is the real difference??? I want a new starter battery and I have a stereo with MAX output of 1.5k ....

I know this is old information but anymore clarification? Is there any point to the S battery if I say end up using audio terminal bolts on it??? Is it actually better for starting?

Take S3400 and D3400 .... What is the real difference??? I want a new starter battery and I have a stereo with MAX output of 1.5k ....

I'm 99% sure they are exactly the same except that the S has the standard terminals for a starting battery, and the metal protective case. I would definitely use the S version under the hood.

I'm 99% sure they are exactly the same except that the S has the standard terminals for a starting battery, and the metal protective case. I would definitely use the S version under the hood.

So I was looking to get a D3400 originally, should I just get the S3400 under the hood then?

Also, the battery(S3400) isn't pictured any differently besides the color ... The top post looks to be the same exact as the D3400 ...

oh wait:

D3400-L.jpg

S3400-L1.jpg

Oh my bad, I didn't see that you were asking about the 3400, which doesn't have the metal, somehow I kept reading 1200.

Nathan should see this on monday and help you out.

Look at the terminals that come with it. On the S it has the brass "knobs" that you screw in and makes it like a normal starting battery.

Yea, I know the terminals... I'm thinking of putting the S1200 up front and my HC1800 in rear??? good idea or badd??

Yea, I know the terminals... I'm thinking of putting the S1200 up front and my HC1800 in rear??? good idea or badd??

That's fine.

This isn't rocket science folks, S models come with automotive terminals and a metal case for protection under the hood, except for the S3400; D models have regular bolts and washers for use with ring terminals, and no metal case. You can use either battery anywhere in your vehicle, they offer the S models for an extra measure of protection.

That's fine.

This isn't rocket science folks, S models come with automotive terminals and a metal case for protection under the hood, except for the S3400; D models have regular bolts and washers for use with ring terminals, and no metal case. You can use either battery anywhere in your vehicle, they offer the S models for an extra measure of protection.

Just was odd to advertise as a "starting" battery if it is the same thing as the D series just thought wording meant there might be some other differences maybe... But got it, metal case (except S3400) and standard battery terminals...