Mark LaFountain

SSA Enclosure Recommendations

After Mark is back, the enclosure designs and more downloadable 3D models will be going up. If you have a specific enclosure question before then, shoot me a PM and I will help you.

Sounds good thanks for the update. I would like to play around with building my own enclosures and your models would be really helpful to practice with.

PM sent.

404 - Page not found.

These pages are found under the respective product you are looking for now.

a tab that says "pre-designed enclosures".

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/icon.html

> "pre-designed enclosures" > you'll find ICON designs > ETC.

What is the difference when it comes to small and optimal in a sealed box for an icon using the recommended power handling?

What is the difference when it comes to small and optimal in a sealed box for an icon using the recommended power handling?

The power handling is fine at the rms ratting in either enclosure, but if you are planning on pushing much more then ratted, go with the smaller enclosure size.

We provide a range of where our sub woofers preform very well, giving people a nice range of options, especially if space or power or goals are limiting factors.

The power handling is fine at the rms ratting in either enclosure, but if you are planning on pushing much more then ratted, go with the smaller enclosure size. We provide a range of where our sub woofers preform very well, giving people a nice range of options, especially if space or power or goals are limiting factors.

Sounds good.

Also, is there anything to gain in music quality with either choice? Will the smaller box be louder and lose sq than the optimal or are the differences between either very minimal?

Sound quality will not be lost. The response will be slightly different. The larger enclosures spec out to be a little more efficient and a little flatter response. :)

Aaron ... What SSA Driver(s) would work with a low enough FS to go into a Sound Quality tuned enclosure ?? somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 htz ...

Aaron ... What SSA Driver(s) would work with a low enough FS to go into a Sound Quality tuned enclosure ?? somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 htz ...

Could really depend on the power. The Icon has always love the low tuned enclosures. The Xcon thrives in low tuned ported or large sealed, and the new Gcon is similar. :)

Hey everybody! First post on the forum so far, and I was just wondering about which set of recommended box specs I should use for my ZCON 12 when it gets here. I will be running the Hifonics BRZ2100.1D at a 1 ohm load so the sub should be seeing right around RMS power. I've figured out a couple different designs and was thinking of just going with a 2.4ft^3 net with 39in^2 of port area tuned somewhere around 32-34Hz. Is this a good box size for running right around RMS power to it? Thanks, and I look forward to learning a lot more from this forum! trink40.gif

Sound quality will not be lost. The response will be slightly different. The larger enclosures spec out to be a little more efficient and a little flatter response. smile.png

will this be the same with a ported box?

Sound quality will not be lost. The response will be slightly different. The larger enclosures spec out to be a little more efficient and a little flatter response. smile.png

will this be the same with a ported box?

For the most part, yes.

Are there any working links for the dcon 12 enclosures?

With the new Dcon in the works, we will probably be adjusting the Dcon designs somewhat.  What do you need?

With the new Dcon in the works, we will probably be adjusting the Dcon designs somewhat.  What do you need?

I need the 1.75cf ported plans for the old dcon

I need the 1.75cf ported plans for the old dcon

There is the 1.9 cube enclosure for the Icon that will work: http://products.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/icon.html 

I'm getting an URL Not Found message...

What is the optimal enclosure volume and port area for an icon 18?

The recommended ported enclosure size for the SSA Icon 18 is 6.25 to 8 cubic feet

Here is the recommended enclosure that is provided by SSA in the products tab:

inside_zpsiktusya1.png

front_zpstpvt0dh1.png

corner_zps7hs9b1ff.png

brace_zpsubclms3f.png

Thanks Sean.

You think 15.5 cubes with 227.5 inches of port tuned to 31 would be good for 2 zcon 18s on 6k rms.

Not really sure how to model enclosures yet