drumminian

15 bl box problem

Ok well I am going to be buying a 15 BL here soon and I just found out that the entrance of my trunk is 15" maybe 15.5" so there's no real way to have it facing back how should I set up the box since I can't do it this way? dimensions of trunk are H15" W32" D30"

Do sub facing up and port facing to the rear.

Do sub facing up and port facing to the rear.

x2.. I had the about the same deminsions for my 15 and did it this way.

ok cool that's what I was leaning too how did it sound in this config?

The only downfall will be the trunk lid, may rattle like crazy but wont know till you install it.

I really like it. I am using a Q so I am not focused on SPL as you probably are but in my situation it is definitely loud enough for me and if turned up all the way it will definitely shake my car.

The only downfall will be the trunk lid, may rattle like crazy but wont know till you install it.

Very good point.. when I tried mine at full volume my trunk was making quite a bit of noise and I have used foam inside of it and have some mat on it too so with a BL I wouldn't be surprised if your trunk makes a lot of noise.

I really like it. I am using a Q so I am not focused on SPL as you probably are but in my situation it is definitely loud enough for me and if turned up all the way it will definitely shake my car.

really look more towards sq so loosing a few dbs doesn't matter

my last system was two 15 cvrs in a sealed firing upward ended up getting rid of almost all the rattle from them with SS and great stuff foam lol

ok so I can't figure out how to measure the port length fi says I need 12-15 per cu ft so a box I calculated is H14" W30 D28 how should the port be? I'm usin Exposports box calc and I want is tuned around 33-38hz

Edited by drumminian

any one want to help with my port length problem....?

Anybody will just state the problem and all the available information you have to share and could make solving your problem easier.

any one want to help with my port length problem....?

Anybody will just state the problem and all the available information you have to share and could make solving your problem easier.

I had already stated the problem in my previous post...I gave you the dimensions of a box (H14" W30" D28") I quickly came up with on exposports calc but I'm unsure about how to make the port to the appropriate port length?

Edited by drumminian

You still give no tuning frequency desired, the actual port length you need or trying to get? More information is needed like stated earlier.

ok so I can't figure out how to measure the port length fi says I need 12-15 per cu ft so a box I calculated is H14" W30 D28 how should the port be? I'm usin Exposports box calc and I want is tuned around 33-38hz

I listen to a lot of various music from classic rock, rap, c&s, indie, electronic, anything really so Idk what the best tuning freq is

I stated it before. and I just need someone to help me figure out how to make the port correctly like with a picture and legths I should use I'm, absolutely clueless on how to make the port the correct length which is 12-15 per cu ft

Edited by drumminian

I would go with 33hz.

ok so if I tune it to 33hz what should the port dimensions be so it has the correct port length it needs?

What was the target size for the enclosure? We need that and the actual number you'd like to have it tuned to. I know you gave 33-38hz, it would be handy to have a solid number otherwise we could give 6 different port lengths or a general length to tune to the general number.

What was the target size for the enclosure? We need that and the actual number you'd like to have it tuned to. I know you gave 33-38hz, it would be handy to have a solid number otherwise we could give 6 different port lengths or a general length to tune to the general number.

ok well I guess I will tune it to 33hz? you think this freq will be good for basically all music? Target size for the enclosure will be around 4-5cu the dimensions I gave in my previous post the enclosure was 4.61 after displacement of the sub I will be putting 45's in all the corners so I have to compensate for that also

I'll tell ya, I'm not sure the eurosports calculator is all that accurate. I got 4.3cuft net, giving sub and port displacements it came to 5.43cuft at 14"H x 30"W x just under 28" D tuned to 36hz the port would be 5.5"W x 14"H and about 19.5" long. That keeps the max 16sqin per cuft recommendation from Fi. If we drop the tuning to 33hz, to keep the same dimensions you drop to 4.2 cuft net and 15.5sqin port area, port would be 5 1/4"W x 14"H and 23.5" inches long. These are pretty quick calcualtions, no bracing and still within Fi specs.

Edited by Alton

I'll tell ya, I'm not sure the eurosports calculator is all that accurate. I got 4.3cuft net, giving sub and port displacements it came to 5.43cuft at 14"H x 30"W x just under 28" D tuned to 36hz the port would be 5.5"W x 14"H and about 19.5" long. That keeps the max 16sqin per cuft recommendation from Fi. If we drop the tuning to 33hz, to keep the same dimensions you drop to 4.2 cuft net, port would be 5 1/4"W x 14"H and 23.5" inches long. These are pretty quick calcualtions, no bracing and still within Fi specs.

ok well which tuning would you suggest I use?

I'd go with the 33hz. Fi recommends 28-37 and 33 is right in the middle. Besides I like the lower tuning myself.

I'd go with the 33hz. Fi recommends 28-37 and 33 is right in the middle. Besides I like the lower tuning myself.

ok thank you so much man

That's no problem, good luck with the build and post the build log

when you say just un 28" what is that lol like 27.8? and the dimensions for the 33hz box are the same as the other one(14"H x 30"W x just under 28") right?

It's not enough under 28" to matter. Forget I even mentioned it, but if you realy want to know its like .005"

Yes the same dimensions for both, 14"x30"x28"

Edited by Alton