Sign in to follow this  
Generation X

15's or 18's

My current box is 16cf net. with 232sq inches of port area, it was built for four 18's

The first set of subs eD 19ov.2s [ pros] accurate, clean bass deep impact

[ cons] weak suspension

second set up audioque hdc3 18's [pros] durable, and veryloud

[cons ] sounds like horse ass, lowend sounded hollow.

Now i'm lookin at SSA X con. Just wanna know should i swap out 18s or build a new baffle and step down to 15's since my air space is limited for most 18s.

I'm not an spl fiend nor an sq purist i just want a daily set that pounds hard and sound great at the same time btw my ports on my box is tuned@33hz

16cuft isn't enough for almost any 18 in a quantity of 4. That's only 4cuft per sub. That's ideal for most 15's however so if I was you that's how I'd go, that or two real good 18's.

16cuft isn't enough for almost any 18 in a quantity of 4. That's only 4cuft per sub. That's ideal for most 15's however so if I was you that's how I'd go, that or two real good 18's.

x2, that would work nicely.

Will 4 Xcon 15's do the job?

Do the job of what? 4 15s will probably do what you want them to do, especially on 8000 watts.

If you're feeling ambitious and want 4 18s, build at least a 20 cu. ft. net box. with at least 320 sq. in. of port area.

Do the job of what? 4 15s will probably do what you want them to do, especially on 8000 watts.

If you're feeling ambitious and want 4 18s, build at least a 20 cu. ft. net box. with at least 320 sq. in. of port area.

x2, I dont see how 8000 watts on anything cant do the job. Like posted above if your skeptical then make a compromise and build a bigger box. 4-15" Xcons should rock anybody's skull back, forth and side to side.

Would be a substantial driver upgrade, but don't put the 18's in too small of an enclosure.

The HDC3's sounded like horse ass??? NO WAY!?!?

This is the current measurements that i have for two 18's

internal dimensions 16.5"H x25"W x 49"D

internal measurement from wheel well is 6"H x 19"xWx 49"D

Port Area 16.5" x7" =115.5 sq inches port lenth 28"

Outside dimensions is 18"H 26.5"Wx 50.5"D is it possible to make box taller?

I'm thinking of changing the height from 18nches to 21.5" i'm trying to shoot for 12 cubes net .after port displacement.

My port area will also change from 16.5"x 7" =115.5 sq to 20" x 7"=140sq.

I'm using two common chamber boxes , the measurements i gave so far is for one enclosure. btw i should end up with 320sq of port area

on both boxes combined. The question is goin 3.5" taller how much airspace will i gain. current airspace is 8cft net per box .

Edited by BassMan808