Im pretty sure topics on these products have already been made. Have you searched the forum for these yet?

Does anyone know if this amp does rated power?And also do audiopipe amps do rated power?

I dont know if mb quart does rated power and if so it is at 14.4 volts so unless you can keep your voltage steady at that number or around it then no. I know the AudioPipes do rated power, there is a testing thread on here somewhere do some searching.

yes the quart makes it's rated at 12+ volts

Is this information available anywhere or is it hear say?

i could ask you the same??

Dude I just asked you a simple question so we can get the facts straight, nobody is starting anything and I would like to know for future reference in case any people I know who want budget amps. So get off this trying to defend the company type shit and just give me some facts to back it up which will in turn help the OP and forum too.

How about you both go show us evidence and stop being butt hurt?

;) Just joshin'

Jono

I read a 25 page thread on CA about Maxxsonics amps some time ago, it was a huge pissing match but a lot of results were posted. Of course I can't find it now.

IIRC the 2000.1 made something like 20XX RMS @ 12.5v, don't remember the exact numbers but it squeaked by. I was impressed as hell by the Crunch GP3000D though.

Personally I like Maxxsonics, I've owned a few and have always felt I got a good amp for the price. My buddy has been running his Brutus at 1 ohm daily since 2004.

Tests done without a real load, real measured THD, and stable power aren't worth their weight in salt.

I've never seen Maxxsonics buy a company and do right by them, but have not held that amp either. Even if it does only 65% of power the other 35% you won't hear anyways. Just not my cup of tea, I'd much rather have something of better quality that is used than a new one of those.

Tests done without a real load, real measured THD, and stable power aren't worth their weight in salt.

I've never seen Maxxsonics buy a company and do right by them, but have not held that amp either. Even if it does only 65% of power the other 35% you won't hear anyways. Just not my cup of tea, I'd much rather have something of better quality that is used than a new one of those.

Yeah, but when they're used you can pick them up for less than $200 in some cases. That's a hell of a deal regardless. imo they're decent but they're definitely not cheap on accident.

Like I said any MB Quart Discus does rated power at 14.4 volts from Mike S. (MaxxSonics) himself, found it on the S. Meade forum.

MB Quart DSC 1000.1D = 1050 watts @ 1 ohm (14.4 volts), a strong 1000 watts of clean power @ 14.4 volts.

MB Quart DSC 1500.1D = 1600 watts @ 1 ohm (14.4 volts), a strong 1500 watts of clean power @ 14.4 volts.

MB Quart DSC 2000.1D = 2200 watts @ 1 ohm (14.4 volts), a strong 2000 watts of clean power @ 14.4 volts.

Thats crazy, whats the catch on this amp? They are going for like $300 on ebay for 2000 RMS?!?! That seems too good to be too......

There is no catch that I know besides dealing with a mainstream company, they are considered budget amps that work well in an application calling for a budget amplifier.

I have the Crunch GP3000D and a DSC4125 and they are both badass.

I am enjoying the hell out both amps and all that money I saved.

People are upset because Maxxsonics bought MB Quart and dont offer the high end components like Quart used to. I dont blame them they were excellent, but it's no reason not to like the other product. Hell I have 500w x 2 of overkill on my front stage for less than $140 shipped. That's a very good deal in my book.

There is no catch that I know besides dealing with a mainstream company, they are considered budget amps that work well in an application calling for a budget amplifier.

Thats funny. Are you trying to tell me that a higher priced amp will improve my SQ? Let's say I replace my MB Quart with a very popular Sundown.....will it sound any better?

Thats funny. Are you trying to tell me that a higher priced amp will improve my SQ? Let's say I replace my MB Quart with a very popular Sundown.....will it sound any better?

:No:

Did I say it will sound better, I said if your application is looking for a budget amplifier it will due. A system looking for a budget amplifier means they are looking to get what they need at a lower price than you can get anything else in the same market for (such as: Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Sundown Audio, Incriminator Audio). Im glad people sure know how to twist words around and not read it for what it is. I didnt say shit about SQ, SPL or anything by that nature.

:noob:

I love these pissing matches. They really get my juices flowing.

I love these pissing matches. They really get my juices flowing.

I dont take it as a pissing match, just different opinions and I respect someone more for having a different opinion and sticking to it. Does not mean I have to agree.

Life would suck if everyone was a sheep and just what everyone else did. We would all still be running kickers ported to 50hz. LOL

In all the searches ive done, the dsc 2000.1 is rated at 12.8volts unlike hifonics. MB Quart is like maxxsonics "premium" line. im considering getting one.

Would you say they are better then Hifonics? I would never go with them again. That was back in the day :D

Like I said any MB Quart Discus does rated power at 14.4 volts from Mike S. (MaxxSonics) himself, found it on the S. Meade forum.

MB Quart DSC 1000.1D = 1050 watts @ 1 ohm (14.4 volts), a strong 1000 watts of clean power @ 14.4 volts.

MB Quart DSC 1500.1D = 1600 watts @ 1 ohm (14.4 volts), a strong 1500 watts of clean power @ 14.4 volts.

MB Quart DSC 2000.1D = 2200 watts @ 1 ohm (14.4 volts), a strong 2000 watts of clean power @ 14.4 volts.

So at 12.8v Id imagine itl give close or maybe 2000 with no problem. And i guess im corrected also :) nice find

So at 12.8v Id imagine itl give close or maybe 2000 with no problem. And i guess im corrected also :) nice find

I'd say go for it. There's on on ebay for 299 with free shipping. Use Bing for the cash back at 8% and the amp only sets you back 275 shipped. 2000watts for 275 is pretty good in my book.