SpeakerBoy

Addiction sucks.

Addiction is more than just a lack of will power or just a need to grow up, its a serious disease. If you had cancer, you would go out for the best treatment possible just to get well... same thing goes for addiction. Addicts are sick people, if a drug addict is arrested and placed in jail... that is no solution. Addicts are generally people who need help but in some cases that isn't so easy. some people will never come to terms with themselves. Its serious shit that has the ability to wreck you physically, emotionally, and even spread to affecting your love ones. .

Actually, it is exactly that, a lack of will power. "You're powerless to your addiction." I heard that shit a hundred times a day. I can tell you've never been to a treatment center.

Edited by inkfx

I lost quite a few good friends to drugs growing up. (Not dead, just lost their friendship) I've never touched anything of any sort, so I can't offer any real advice except stick with it. Mind over matter.

I did as well.

Addiction is more than just a lack of will power or just a need to grow up, its a serious disease. If you had cancer, you would go out for the best treatment possible just to get well... same thing goes for addiction. Addicts are sick people, if a drug addict is arrested and placed in jail... that is no solution. Addicts are generally people who need help but in some cases that isn't so easy. some people will never come to terms with themselves. Its serious shit that has the ability to wreck you physically, emotionally, and even spread to affecting your love ones. .

Actually, it is exactly that, a lack of will power. "You're powerless to your addiction." I heard that shit a hundred times a day. I can tell you've never been to a treatment center.

I tend to agree. They made the choice to do the drug a first time, and a second, etc. You gotta think ahead. But that's why my advice was to be strong of mind and quit.

Addicition is more than a weak will and being lazy. If that was it, i'd be cured by now. As to your Triple C's comment? Ffirstly wrong chemical, secondly, i'd like you to find ten square miles, outside of unihabited land, where you can't find huge amounts this crap. It's everywhere. Not easy. I'm willing to work, but people like you make it easy to not want to. If you have nothing productive to say, don't say it.

Edit: I want to smack you with my NA book.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Seriously? I am honestly ashamed of some of my SSA brothers. A man reaches out for help before its too late for him, and people want to slap his hands? Shame on those who flame the OP and hopefully you will never know the pains of a chemical related addiction.

Now with that out of the way, dude I have been around to help friends off their habits. It is NEVER easy, but as others have said this has to be FOR YOU. There can be alterior motives such as a better job, more money in your pocket, or better health; BUT the main forcus has to be number one: YOU. If you quit for yourself it makes it easier to stay on the sobriety wagon. Along with that you need to make a choice, either get the people who are a negative influence on your sobriety goals to join you in sobriety, or leave them behind. If the constant reminder of your addiction is around the harder it is to avoid. Its kind of like a smoker, if he wants to quit going to a smokey cigar bar and drinking WILL NOT help him quit. If anything it will further fan the flames of the addiction and make it harder to stay away from.

I have gone through some personal battles with drugs in the past.................I cannot get into it to much at this time (damn government job) but it took a wake up call at a friends expense for me. I hope it is early enough that you dont need that.

J

Addicition is more than a weak will and being lazy. If that was it, i'd be cured by now. As to your Triple C's comment? Ffirstly wrong chemical, secondly, i'd like you to find ten square miles, outside of unihabited land, where you can't find huge amounts this crap. It's everywhere. Not easy. I'm willing to work, but people like you make it easy to not want to. If you have nothing productive to say, don't say it.

I can't make you use, no matter what I do or say. You are the only person who can help yourself. In the end, your actions will decide your fate. Take responsibility and think about what you're doing. I don't care what you say, lack of will power is the #1 reason for using. Yes, there may be other contributing factors as well but when it comes down to it, it is still your choice to use. It's not like the drugs help with problems, they just mask the problem for the meantime then come back worse when you come down from your high. Sorry I wont hug and kiss you like other people will, I'd rather give it to you straight.

good luck i feel ya

good luck i feel ya

i take oxycodone,klonopin,thorazine

im not addicted but have alot of schitzo issues and have struggled with meth in the past its rought

5yrsa lost in prison cleaned me up now just got to get the voices out of my head

that and the therapist 4 times a month

just hang in there and talk to someone if you think about doing it again before you just do it

easier said than done but it does work and helps alot

I can't make you use, no matter what I do or say. You are the only person who can help yourself. In the end, your actions will decide your fate. Take responsibility and think about what you're doing. I don't care what you say, lack of will power is the #1 reason for using. Yes, there may be other contributing factors as well but when it comes down to it, it is still your choice to use. It's not like the drugs help with problems, they just mask the problem for the meantime then come back worse when you come down from your high. Sorry I wont hug and kiss you like other people will, I'd rather give it to you straight.

So then a lack of will power is the cause of everything good and bad in the world? Beacuse we lack the will power to say no? Dude sorry but your logic and view of drugs and narcotics is fucking skewed. You have mentioned already about people not knowing your past. Well I am here to tell you that you have only internet knowledge of any kind of addiction. Go pick up a book, and sit you ass in a chair for this is a subject you really need to go to school.

J

Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Stop buying triple C's at CVS and grow up.

lol are you serious? this scrub tries to dis and he cant even get his facts straight. Dextromethorphan (DXM) is what gets you fucked up in tripple c's. nobody tries to get addicted, dont be such an unsupportive ass.

I have been through the drug addiction and now work for a substance abuse rehab. Did everything except for shooting up. Spent 4 years doing it and did not know of any rehabs at the time. I have to kick it on my own. It takes ALOT of will power to do it. You have to change quite a bit of your life to accomondate. It's no an over night thing, it can take a long time (took me 4 years to overcome all but nicotine which I'm still using).

You've done the first step, admitted you were powerless over your addiction - that your life has become unmanageable. That, my friend, is a very good and important step. Now follow through with it. It'll be hard at first, but over time it's gets better. Just to let you know after 20+ years of being clean, I still have some trouble with the want. Especially whne I get under a lot of stress.

There is plenty of help out there for you if you think you can't do it alone. Groups are great for support IF you find one that you can fit in well. A lot of groups tend to have clicks and some people just don't feel they are in the right place. Then they go back out and use again. Don't let that happen, if possible.

Addiction is a disease. whether anybody wants to believe that or not is their problem. Anything can be additcive. I'm addicted to computers, car audio, nicotine, and caffeine. I am slowly kicking the addiction of most of them, one by one, but car audio will be the one I won't ever try to kick.

You can do it and if you need some support, I am holding my hand out to you. PM me if you need to and we'll see if we can get you on the right track. Basically I am offering to be your sponsor.

Those are some of the best testamonies i've ever read. Me and my wife had a gambling addition years ago. It took alot away from us and a very long time to get over it. We know the feeling. Me and my family have you and yours in our prairs if you need us ... thank you ... Best of luck to you all ...

Edited by Cablguy184

My parents are toying with the idea of sending me to a place in Indiana for 6-9 months :o

It's main focus isn't actually drugs though :trippy:

You can go to all the treatment in the world, if you don't want to stop its a waste. All treatment does is give you the tools to stop(ie all the shit i said in my last post), if you don't want to use your brain they can't make you.

You can go to all the treatment in the world, if you don't want to stop its a waste. All treatment does is give you the tools to stop(ie all the shit i said in my last post), if you don't want to use your brain they can't make you.

Couldn't agree more.

Its not a matter of people making you, like my first post said: you will stop when you want to stop, because you are tired of the outcome.

j-roadtatts is correct. Rehab only works for those who want it to work for them. All the tools are in one spot (more or less). YOU'VE got to want it. However, judging from your first post, I think you do want it. Now it's up to you to do something about it.

All of us here and at treatment centers can talk to you about it until we are blue in the face and on our last breath. Unless you want to quit, all the talk won't help.

Oh, and for those that say pot isn't addictive..... 30% of the clients at my job would dissagree with you on that.

(And for those wondering what I do for work here. I am a Maintenance Technician Level III. I fix things that people break while going through withdrawal tantrams)

Another thing that helps is to take on new hobbies or activities to get your mind in other places. I had a friend who got off meth when he took up skateboarding again and has been clean for a couple years now. You just gotta get out of the situation that makes you want to use. My biggest problem quitting smoking was to not have smokes when I get into a car. I used to light up everytime I got in my car, whether I was going to work, school, or to drive to get more smokes. Stay Strong and good luck.

I see it too much nowadays man.. you are strong you can overcome anything you want to though!

I had to see a good friend of 6 years go from a high GPA college student to a miserable alcoholic & benzo addict in a matter of less than a year. He's only 20, and he's gotten to the point of stealing food extracts from the grocery store that contain alcohol to get his fix. He's been in and out of detox but the damn doctors just feed him more pills, he told them straight up "Please don't give me prescriptions I have a problem and I will abuse them" but apparently that fell on deaf ears.

Do this for yourself man we all have faith in you.