tejcurrent

2 21" Wardens

Thanks. This box is 18 ft net @ 36hz. After putting it in I'm not happy with it- it's too close to the rear gate and too big for the power I'm using.

I'm reading .5 ohm nominal- so figure 10,000+ watts @ 2 ohms. Even if my rise is 2 ohms they aren't liking it. It gets really low, but not as loud as my old box.

Here's a quick vid and some pics, but I wont be keeping it this way long.

Also I think the bolts look ugly with that thick padding. I'm going to rethink and redo that one.

101.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

107.jpg

Box looks good, shame you don't like it.

What type of bolts are you using for your terminals?

Box looks good, shame you don't like it.

Agree with Denim Box looks nice. What a shame you are only getting 10,000 watts. lol

I know how it goes tho man.

What type of bolts are you using for your terminals?

I want to say 3/8 stainless. They're stainless steel bolts/nuts.

Thanks a lot.

Yeah it was a big let down to make such a nice box compared to the old one and have this problem. Oh well, I'll chop 3 inches off, see if I like it, and if not maybe make a 7ft box for 1 21 box out of it and give it the full 10kw. Gain some cargo space for trips and stuff.

Well all i got to say its definetly louder then the guy next to you at the stop light least be proud of that :)

I'm going to play with some enclosures but the purpose of this build was to save some space. I'm still within a few inches of the whole back of my truck, and I wont be happy until I do 155 @ 32Hz I've been striving for (no wall). I'll probably be changing some things around a lot in the next few months. :morepower1:

I just read every single post in this topic... I have to say that this is a crazy crazy build and i wish i could hear this in person. I am ordering 2 IA DP 15's tomorrow for my car. I just wish i had the money for those wardens lol :D Great build and sorry that box isn't making you happy. I'm sure you'll find a way to make this perfect. Have you checked into different types of amps or are you set on the AB 1000.1s??

I just read every single post in this topic... I have to say that this is a crazy crazy build and i wish i could hear this in person. I am ordering 2 IA DP 15's tomorrow for my car. I just wish i had the money for those wardens lol :D Great build and sorry that box isn't making you happy. I'm sure you'll find a way to make this perfect. Have you checked into different types of amps or are you set on the AB 1000.1s??

Unfortunately I'm in the process of selling the Wardens, so this build has come to an end. I wont be building a new box or working on this one. It has nothing to do with this last box not being what I was looking for, I just decided to go another direction.

I've looked at different amps the 1000.1 just puts out the most power for the price. I've run it at .5 daily without it going into protect once, though rise is around it's 2 ohm rating. It's a fairly efficient amp that does good power. I've been eying up some other brands but this amp would be hard to sell for what it's worth. I see 500.1s going for 7-800 often, but I doubt many people would pay 1600 for this one.

As far as my experience with the Wardens- I loved these subs and I would never hesitate to use them again or recommend them.