Sign in to follow this  
Fonzi

Seriously Loud Pop

Just put my old Alpine 9831 back in, when i turn the ignition over I get the loudest pop ive ever heard, all door speakers and sub real loud. Im thinking its the ground on the HU but im not sure.

The wireharness for this HU is kind of ghetto, I got it off of ebay and there was no remote wire, so im pulling of the switched wire.

Heading out to ground it better, what do you guys think it could be?

Ive had the HU hooked up in the car before but never with an amp.

the internal amp on hte HU is blown FYI, not that it matters much.

Bad RCA Leads ?

Try hooking up a speaker to the unit itself and see what happens

Shouldnt be I just swaped it out for my old unit, and everyhting was working fine 30 minutes ago.

I fixed the ground and that didnt do it either

A bad RCA lead. Everything is there like it should be I dont understand why this unit is doing it and the other didnt.

woah woah woah....

Im asking if the newer unit has a bad rca output.

Nothing to do with the amps.

Its not a new unit though which is why it seems odd. Its worked before. I unplugged the woofer and that didnt pop when i turned it on but all the inside speakers did. Re did the amps ground.

I wonder if the HU is just shot?

Could be.

The outputs could be bad...you never know

Im about to ground my HU to the battery to completely eliminate the ground issue. It seems like a real hard ground loop.

My friends old H/U ( DEH-P5500MP) had THE WORST Ground loop in the front RCA outputs. It was BAD. I tried grounding to the battery and i had no luck.

Finally i was told that it could be the RCA output, and it was. The rear had no GL at all.

I think you might be right.

That didnt do anything, still nasty pop. Its not little at all it makes the sub jump pretty good!

Checked all the ground over so it seems like its somehting with the RCA's. Since the old HU was working fine and this one is doing this I assume it might be the RCS outputs on the HU.

We gave it to his mom, she doesnt need her speakers amped

The internal amp on the HU is blown. I wonder if a RCA went with it.

Oh well back to the JVC kdsh 77.

If its just a RCA output thats bad is it usually an expensive fix? Or should I just scrap the HU as a whole.

No idea

Nothing wrong with a SH-77

Yeah i just wanted the parametric EQ in it until I can get a real eq :(

Oh yeah to add on to it possibly not being a bad RCA, it plays just fne after the pop.

The wireharness for this HU is kind of ghetto, I got it off of ebay and there was no remote wire, so im pulling of the switched wire.

the amps maybe powering up before the deck starts. On my church's sound system if I turn on the second amp that feeds aux. speakers before the mixer board they pop. (the main amps are switched on with the board but the second amp is not used full time. so it is turned on seperate) I would try to power the amps up after the deck is on with a switch or some thing

They only pop when i turn the deck on. and its as soon as it turns on. I press the button then pop.

They only pop when i turn the deck on. and its as soon as it turns on. I press the button then pop.

okay take the rem. off the amp turn on the deck and then press the rem. back on the amp if it does the amp doesn't like the rem. source. most decks delay the amp turn on to prevent pops other wise the pre outs are toast. how did you toast the int. amp

Son of a bich that was it 100%

Unplugged the remote and no pop. Plugged it back in after the deck turned on and no pop.

It must be becuase the Remote is coming off the Ignition wire.I wish I knew how to build wire harnesses because I would just plugg a wire into where the remote wire should be on the wire harness.

It was some ghetto harness that I bought and hte guy pulled the remote wire off of the switched and there an empty space where the remote should be

I decided to go the ghetto route. I popped the Power atenna wire out seeing how my car dosnt have one and im going to use that for a the remote wire.

I just need to figure out where the remote wire goes on alpine connectors

Done works perfect.

Thanks Black, and Supa!

:slayer:

Well I dont usually have rolls of Blue wire with a white lying around. So I did what had to be done at the time. :)

Im not ghetto, your ghetto :lol2: