Sign in to follow this  
jizazz12

LVL 4 15's

working on my new build,getting ready to build my box. subs are going in a 2007 Chevy impala,looking for opinions on which way to fire my aeros.i know that firing sub's back and ports back would probably yield best output, but I'm not going to have enough room on the baffle for the subs and areos.so what about subs back ports to the driver side firewall or subs up ports to the rear/tail lights,basically a crx type box. not really wanting to cut the rear deck as I'm trying to keep the stock look, any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. thanks

If you cant do port back and subs back then I vote port and subs firing forward into the cabin with it sealed off from the trunk or port back and subs up.

if 15s are too big, why not 12s? or just a single 15?

noticed your sig. assuming you have already bought the 15s be careful if you do sub up/port back, you dont want the the excursion to hit the top of the trunk.

yes the subs and the rest of the equipment for this project is from my other car, just building a new box and doing some other equipment upgrades.it's not about just using the 15's it's what i have,if they prove to be to much of apita than maby i will think about getting into some 12's. space isn't really a issue i have the room,i just can't get the areos on the baffle with the subs.will get it all worked out, try and try again i guess thats what this hobby is all about.

lumina and impalas are very similar i got the best number on sub forward and ports forward and pushed all the way to the back

You could do subs back, and have some aero's come off the side with an elbow aiming it to the back. :shrug:

or u could do subs back ports up, then u wouldnt have to worry about the subs excursioning and hitting the the roof of the trunk...thats probably what i would do...subs back port up.

Do whatever your testing proves to be the loudest ;)