dub26z

will it be worth it?

Two weeks ago i installed 2 15"inch kicker l7's,which are runnig off a (kole audio)2400 watt amp.The box for the subs is a very small sealed box,actually its a prefab box called groundshaker lol..It gets pretty loud.Some where aroun next week im going to have a box built by a member on here by the name of (soundvibration) ..My question is these subs can handle 1000 rms and i was wondering if it would get alot louder with the RF1500 or saz1500 not sure which one but would the amp make a huge diffrence or just keep the one i have?The reason i ask is ca use alot of times people say 500 watts isnt any different to the ear,or does that not apply to me cause its a cheap amp i have?Thanks ahead of time for any info.. :drink40::drink40:

it would be a slight difference to the ear, what does your electrical consist of?

Really they say my amp puts out around 800 watts rms and the saz1500 puts out 1800 wouldnt that 1000 watts be a big diffrence?

it would be a slight difference to the ear, what does your electrical consist of?

Really they say my amp puts out around 800 watts rms and the saz1500 puts out 1800 wouldnt that 1000 watts be a big diffrence?

If that thing is only putting out 800rms then going to the SAZ-1500 would be noticeable.

actually your kole amp really is more like 770 rms at best , and it can only go down to 2 ohms.

the saz 1500 can do more like 2000, and it can go down to 1 ohm.

if you can afford it i would personally go with the saz 1500 mush better amp if ya ask me ;)

besides if you ever want to upgrade you would all ready have the amp for it .

just got to make sure your electrical is up to par.

Edited by ivan95m

Stick with the rms of the sub recommended by Kicker and yes that amp upgrade will be noticeable over the kole audio. When choosing between the RF and Sundown wont really matter which one you pick since they both will do the job.

I would say try the new enclosure before you get the amp. I've heard 2-L7's off 300w each in a nice ported enclosure and they get pretty loud for the power. You can always upgrade the amp later.....after you make sure your electrical is capable of handling your amp choice. Of course all the advice given is just a guess considering we don't know the vehicle type, electrical, amount of space you have to work with, or goals.

i dont mean to be an asshole........ but.....

you have been on SSA for like 2 months easy..............

why the fuck would you pick the subs you picked...... and a kole amp????????????????????????? wtf..... you ask ALOT of questions..... so my qiestion fo you is WTF????

People live and learn, maybe he got a good deal around him or something........who knows. I would say get the enclosure first also, see how it sounds then if you think you would like to upgrade then go for it. There is alot more to making it sound better than just putting more power to it. Ernie will make you a nice box i am sure, kid is learning some nice skills for his age and experience. GL with it all. Are you local to AZ?

shut the fuck up PMin me with your gay shit..... dont think just cause i posted a with a hartfelt topic that im weak son...i simply posted that because from the DAY you were a member here you aked about how to fit BTLS in your car and HOW to PUSUH 6 million watts in your car blah blah blah and then you say " so i bought some weak ass stereo shit how do i make it sound good"

hoop dreamer son.. you post here like NONE stop about how your gonna get the best shit on the planet and then you get some trash... so eat my ass.

i know im an asshole... and i dont really give a fuck. stop trying to be cool and just be you.

Don't make Jon Bear mad ;)

shut the fuck up PMin me with your gay shit..... dont think just cause i posted a with a hartfelt topic that im weak son...i simply posted that because from the DAY you were a member here you aked about how to fit BTLS in your car and HOW to PUSUH 6 million watts in your car blah blah blah and then you say " so i bought some weak ass stereo shit how do i make it sound good"

hoop dreamer son.. you post here like NONE stop about how your gonna get the best shit on the planet and then you get some trash... so eat my ass.

i know im an asshole... and i dont really give a fuck. stop trying to be cool and just be you.

:werd_msword:

Two weeks ago i installed 2 15"inch kicker l7's,which are runnig off a (kole audio)2400 watt amp.The box for the subs is a very small sealed box,actually its a prefab box called groundshaker lol..It gets pretty loud.Some where aroun next week im going to have a box built by a member on here by the name of (soundvibration) ..My question is these subs can handle 1000 rms and i was wondering if it would get alot louder with the RF1500 or saz1500 not sure which one but would the amp make a huge diffrence or just keep the one i have?The reason i ask is ca use alot of times people say 500 watts isnt any different to the ear,or does that not apply to me cause its a cheap amp i have?Thanks ahead of time for any info.. :drink40::drink40:

I think you would ntoice an improvement in sound quality in going to one of those amps but most of your improvement will come from going to a good quality box built for those subs.