cheese20323

Good match up or not

O.K so my brother is going to rebuild his system he had 2 12 alpine type r's and wants something louder deeper and just overall better than his old system. He has the U.S amps xt2000d 1000wrms @1 ohm. I was thinking to tell him to get an Fi SSD but the only thing is that if it could handle 1000wrms daily w/o options or if with them which ones. And what kind of box should you guys tell us to buils ported what tuning frequency or if sealed. He wants something for a daily driver. Or do you guys recommend a different sub. His buget is no more than 250 on a sub. And just 1. And do you guys no what the new design is going to be for the ssd

What enclosure are his current subwoofers in? Something as simple as a new enclosure for his current subs may give him what he's looking for at the cost of about $30 in supplies and an afternoon building it.

Type R's can wang chung in the right enclosure, if that's what he's looking for.

What enclosure are his current subwoofers in? Something as simple as a new enclosure for his current subs may give him what he's looking for at the cost of about $30 in supplies and an afternoon building it.

Type R's can wang chung in the right enclosure, if that's what he's looking for.

Right now there in about 1.5-2.0 cubic ft sealed. But what he wants is more room in his trunk and he might sell them. But if he where to keep the Type R's how do you recommend the box to be

Hey, if he wants more room, sell one type r, keep the other and the money!

But if he keeps both, I gotta ask, is that 1.5-2 cuft per sub?

You're most likely not going to get anything any louder if you stick with sealed boxes. Try one twelve ported. But that will take up about 2.5 cubes of room.

Currently the problem is definitely that you have the wrong box for the Type R's. They need more space and so will other solutions. The real question is does he want more bass or more space, he is going to have to pick 1.

DanceHallDays_cover.jpg

I had a single type-r 12 in a 2 cf net ported box tuned around 32hz on 600 watts. The said combo was VERY efficient and probably as loud as your 2 subs in the sealed box, with half the power. After I set the crossover slope steeper on the sub and cleaned up the signal I could have given the said combo 750 RMS. all day long. Hope this help's.smile.gif

wang chung !!!!!!!!!!

ROFL

Well considering my brother bought everything without asking me anything. So i talked to him today and he said the box that he has right now is going to go. And he is planning on selling the R's. And he wants to build a new box about the same size as the other one but just for 1 12. He told me that he can get the following: 1 12 RE SE 1 12 Fi SSD. But if there are any other choices he might consider those. But they have to be loer than 250. But he is keping the amp. And what he wants is more cleaner and accurate bass but still able to get loud

Edited by cheese20323

Sound's like you got it figured out. smile.gif Get to building.

Yeah but the question is that what sub RE SE or Fi SSD

Keep the Alpines and build a new box before you buy new subs, those subs really start to shine when they're ported.

i say re se that bangs on 1000 watts,my neighbor has it on a mtx 801 d and it wangs.. :drink40:

All drivers can be made loud.

We are NOT going to make up you mind for you, SO flip a coin or something. rolleyes.gif

We are NOT going to make up you mind for you, SO flip a coin or something. rolleyes.gif

O.K so we are going to start building a box sometime next week and try out a type r on it see if he likes it. And he is going to try out one of my cousins SE's on the same box see wich ones better thanks for the help

Right now there in about 1.5-2.0 cubic ft sealed. But what he wants is more room in his trunk and he might sell them. But if he where to keep the Type R's how do you recommend the box to be

Make a 5cubft PORTED box tuned to 32hz. - i threw two Alpine Type R's ina PREFAB box and these kicker comps sounded better.. THEN i made a box that was 2.5 for each driver and it was an amazingly different performance.

Here's a video i made of the Alpine Type R's

Note: It may say otherwise on the max rec. vented box volume on the website, but i know from experience that they perform best in 2-2.5

ignore

Edited by cheese20323

Well this thread is a little old but we did do something we built a 2.5 cubes box tuned to 33hz but used the RE calculator but for some reason it would kill the lows but not sound good like at the 50-60hz so we put a pillow to make the box "smaller" for a higher tuning and guess what it sounds perfect. But the question is well an Fi SSD sound louder than the Type R

Who knows. Buy it and then you tell us.

It won't sound like poop, which the type R is good at.

So are you saying the Fi is better :trippy:

So are you saying the Fi is better trippy.gif

For the money I think the SSD is a great buy! But remember it is all install dependant! A great quality subwoofer in a poorly designed and built enclosure is going to sound like 4123357f3da0f6e125a54.gif

Ok i think the box i built is good for the Fi but will sealed sound louder