porkchop

Official Team introduction for IAK members.

Okay, here we go. :dancing:

The official Team introduction thread for IAK members. :rockwoot:

:jump::dance::jump:

I would guess we should drop a line or two about who we are,

then a little about our ride and goals for this season.

Without turning each intro into a build thread but remember most importantly...

:ttiwwop:

A speacial thanks to SSA for letting us have this privelage.

icon_movement.gif

It is a must that I start off by saying that SSA is where the core of IAK meet up and decided to become one crew.

We have all been in audio for a period of time, like many others, using SSA forums as a guide for our thirst of knowledge.

Each one of us in IAK have a strong passion for audio, and a even stronger sense of family and values.

This is how we have gathered and what atracts our new members as well, family based audio club.

This year it is was my goal to become competitve as a team as well as,

being well organized for many events over the year.

There are several of us that will be begining builds this year and getting our feet wet in true audio competitons.

Among the goals we have, I am the most excited about learning that Meca has a kids catergory....

Kimberly and Krystina are super excited about starting one of thier own builds.

(of coarse Samantha, our oldest, has began one as well in her new car)

I Currently have a 1993 Dodge Dakota that has but only one bragging right so far. A very solid 318 V8 !!!

I have a build log posted here on SSA of the current install, however, all of that is changing very quickly.

If I am close to guessing correctly, close to the end of March, first of April, I should have the new install close to completed.

I will be building a wall to house 2 X 18" WMD2's and strapping a pair of SAZ1500D's to them.

I have some electrical upgrades planned, currently I have a XS-D5100 to install, and will be upgradeing the front battery as well.

In addition to that, adding more mids and highs, new head unit, as well as whatever else i can pull off.

Looking forward to a great year.

current install

Image-36.jpg

newtruck-1.jpg

older install

ACF5FA12Ejpg1.jpg

dbdrag12EJPG1.jpg

would like to get a logo like this worked into a shirt or sticker print soon,

also need to get our team logo ready for the team section.

pm sent.

IAKsub.jpg

Well, I'll go next :drink40: Vehicle is a 2007 Ford Escape XLS. I've always been into car audio as a spectator and just recently became a little better financially to dive into my own systems. The last few systems have been---2 JL 12w6 and a JL1000/1, 2 IA LI 15's and a SAZ-1500D. I'm currently in the process of 4-SA8's using the SAZ-1500D again with a false floor/amp rack. I'm geared toward getting decently loud (hoping in the 140's) while getting LOW, being accurate, and clean. My build will be more of a show piece rather than an SPL vehicle. My mids/highs are Memphis 6.5" components in the front and 5x7"coaxials in the rear powered by a SAX-50.4. Everything will be in a continual evolution as ideas are brought into the build from myself and all of IAK. I was hoping to be in Carl Casper but still waiting for the 8's. I'll be representing IAK at Slamology this year for sure and other shows as the season moves on. I'm sure that we as a team will figure where and when we'll be rollin to various shows within the midwest throughout year.

I greatly appreciate SSA giving us the ability to get our clubs name out there so we can show a wide range of builds, styles, and the family atmosphere we encourage in car audio. As Chop said, everyone in IAK basically became in contact with one another through SSA while trying to grow each of our individual knowledge. We know that not only do we represent ourselves and club, but we represent SSA. Thank you Aaron and Mark for this privilege.

Edited by chicagofan

Hello,

I'm Hawk, I have a 2001 Kia Sportage.... I have a very small weak system at the moment. But I will be doing a better install here in the next few weeks.. I have just got the hook ups on 1/0 wire and I'm going to be getting the hook up on a sundown Z 15 inch sub... Now I just need a amp to push the sd sub but that will come soon also.. I will get pics up when doing the build so stay tuned as I will get them up as soon as the build starts...

Hawk

Well, I'll go next :drink40: Vehicle is a 2007 Ford Escape XLS. I've always been into car audio as a spectator and just recently became a little better financially to dive into my own systems. The last few systems have been---2 JL 12w6 and a JL1000/1, 2 IA LI 15's and a SAZ-1500D. I'm currently in the process of 4-SA8's using the SAZ-1500D again with a false floor/amp rack. I'm geared toward getting decently loud (hoping in the 140's) while getting LOW, being accurate, and clean. My build will be more of a show piece rather than an SPL vehicle. My mids/highs are Memphis 6.5" components in the front and 5x7"coaxials in the rear powered by a SAX-50.4. Everything will be in a continual evolution as ideas are brought into the build from myself and all of IAK. I was hoping to be in Carl Casper but still waiting for the 8's. I'll be representing IAK at Slamology this year for sure and other shows as the season moves on. I'm sure that we as a team will figure where and when we'll be rollin to various shows within the midwest throughout year.

I greatly appreciate SSA giving us the ability to get our clubs name out there so we can show a wide range of builds, styles, and the family atmosphere we encourage in car audio. As Chop said, everyone in IAK basically became in contact with one another through SSA while trying to grow each of our individual knowledge. We know that not only do we represent ourselves and club, but we represent SSA. Thank you Aaron and Mark for this privilege.

chuck's IA install.

Image-57.jpg

Hood Champ...checkin in.

Been waiting for this for awhile now and I want to thank Mark and Aaron once again for being some cool ass cats.:drink40:

I loved car audio since the first time I was introduced to a real system in the early nineties. Two Fosgate 15s walled in a camaro with 1986 Nintendo, VCR, and a small color television. Before that shit became standard! Its been turning my head ever since...

First ride is the 91 Silverado with the 5.7L V8. Current build is the 18" BTL with a SAZ1500D. Custom door pods with MLi65s and tang Band tweeters powered by a SAX100.4. Just finished putting the new tweets in so a video will be up soon. New build for 10ft3 enclosure is on hold for the moment. I might just do it anyway for the practice and fun but Ive been mulling it over and have decided to do something else...

Im going to add another 18" BTL. Ive been looking at selling my 1500D and buying the AP30001D. It all depends on the cash flow at the time. Hopefully the time is by this spring!

Second ride is a 94 Metro. Currently has a Z15 being powered by an SAE1200D. Im selling the Z15 and will be starting a new build with four 12" Hertz ES300s. They are sitting in the garage from my last build so no money there! Thinking of maybe a bandpass of some sort...not sure yet as the idea is still very fresh. All I know is I NEED the back seat UP! It is the only one left so it must stay. So the process of this build will be fun, no doubt. Im guessing some crafty fiberglass work is going in here...

Both rides will be built for SPL. I want them to be as loud as shiiiit! Im entering a Meca event soon to dip my toes now that the Silvy is operational. It will be the first of many to come. I want numbers...I want trophies...more importantly, I want to have a great time and meet some cool cats.:dj:

08_16_14.jpg

101_0066.jpg

100_0001_00-1.jpg

100_0002_00-1.jpg

101_0058_00.jpg

Josh

A video I made today for future reference. All sealed up. Need more batteries. Stat. :redx:

th_101_0597.jpg

I know there more than 3.

I know there more than 3.

funny you say that, according to my sig and recent memeory, i too thought there indeed was more than 3.......

i believe, (while i am finding excuses), that there seems to be a plataue on members builds.....

this is not what this is for, ( as a reminder) , it is for us all to say hello and what we have done thus far, as well as, what is up next.

:Doh:

i will do a little persuading....

chop

- There was four of us that replied to this...

lol, i was going to say that, but... i read it as he was talking to me, (one), about there is more than three, (+1, me = 4)

but,

* mikey is in a new house , no internet access, he lives in the sticks and shoots at birds for entertainment at the moment....lol

* mike just stated a new shop and is swamped in starting it off proper......

* steve is , as i said, suffering from DA, so we have to make him a new account.

* jordan, david, paul, and pete....no internet, i guess!!! wow.

* samantha, always busy...lol, better you than me.

* Sander,,no idea. lost that car and has the blues?

* well, thats enough excuses for a minute....jeesh!

Helloo CHOP! And Mikey and Steve, Thanks Mikey for the 1" plexi! I am Mike Heinicke, co-owner of Excessive Dbs here in Indianapolis and proud member/supporter of TEAM IAK SC!

I will not be making any product recommendations outside the IAK circle nor will I engage in sales to any other forum member on SSA not flagged AIK and reccomended by Chop personally. That said all flagged IAK vehicles receive 10% off in my shop - that is all.

Peep this trash...

101_6716.jpg

Negative Captain - it is for sale again -

I don't uderstand ppl - he put $100 down on it....

throw a pic of it with the lights on in the for sale section....

some folks will pay the shipping.

chop

HEY sorry I aint been on here I am very buisy searching for a job. So I stopped by to say hello and IAK

HEY sorry I aint been on here I am very buisy searching for a job. So I stopped by to say hello and IAK

At 3am? lol :drink40:

As long as we all get here. Someday...:P

At 3am? lol :drink40:

As long as we all get here. Someday...:P

yea i know i had to make a diff screen name bc i forgot my password but im back sup TEAM IAK

Wow i think its my turn now. Name is Steve i grew up on the west coast. Currently living in Houston with my wife. I will be a daddy for the first timemon august 16 2010 ( hoping all goes well) i work commercial construction around TX and LA. I drive a 09 crew cab silverado. current system is stock HU sax125.2 for the RE mids and highs. i just sold my saz1500 so im looking for a bigger sundown atm. subs are 4 sundown SA-8s i have a 10.2 inch touchscreen molded in my dash but im still waiting to purchase the car-pc. If you have any questions just ask. THANK YOU IAK!!

Wow i think its my turn now. Name is Steve i grew up on the west coast. Currently living in Houston with my wife. I will be a daddy for the first timemon august 16 2010 ( hoping all goes well) i work commercial construction around TX and LA. I drive a 09 crew cab silverado. current system is stock HU sax125.2 for the RE mids and highs. i just sold my saz1500 so im looking for a bigger sundown atm. subs are 4 sundown SA-8s i have a 10.2 inch touchscreen molded in my dash but im still waiting to purchase the car-pc. If you have any questions just ask. THANK YOU IAK!!

welcome bro, thanks for the intro..... the 8s are in the mail for sure!!!!

Ok. Well I haven't been on here in a while... I am Mikey Merriman, I own a 2000 gmc jimmy not much goin on wiht it right now, but it is in the process of being a nice daily setup. Won't give anything away right now, but you guys will see. ;)