porkchop

Official Team introduction for IAK members.

Okay..... for some reason or another my installation of FireFox doesn't like the editor... I've tried to do this about 8 times now so at this point I unfortunately have got to skip some parts as my fingers are getting tired of typing it... lol

woot.gifwoot.gif THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF THE IAK FAMILY!!!woot.gifwoot.gif

Family is the foundation of the IAK Team and I can speak for all of us in my family that we're glad to now be a part of the family that is Team IAK and SSA as a whole. My family consists of my wife Karista, my daughter Summer (11), my sons Austin (9), Zachary (6), and Samuel (5), and my little brother Daniel (18) who moved in with us when my father passed away ~1.5 years ago. I have 2 vehicles now, the 1998 Chevy Venture van and the 2001 GMC Jimmy. The van has a Kenwood KDC-X991, Hifonics Atlas 6.5" Components on a Hifonics ZXi6006, 2-12" Hifonics Zeus subs on a BXi2006D is the old setup. Yet to be installed is an SAX-100.4 for the components and 2-12" Fi Q subs on an SAZ-2000D, as soon as I can get the enclosure and amp rack finished. The Jimmy has a Kenwood KDC-X492, Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5" Components and waiting to be installed is an SAX-125.2 and 3 Sundown SA-8's on an SAZ-1500D, that install is on hold until the van is completed (according to the wife since the van is hers). I have a few pics of the old setup in the van to post here.

Picture of the components in the factory location, she wouldn't let me cut the door panel up and install them the right way with a little fiberglass. sad.gif

DCP_1489.jpg

This is a picture of on of the Zeus subs in the tube, you can see the old Profile amps that used to be in the van.

DCP_1491.jpg

Here's a pic showing the current amps and the Brutus subs before she tossed their cookies for them.

PIC_0027.jpg

I'll definitely have build logs up for the van and the Jimmy when I get them completed. Thanks again guys for bringing me into the family. I'm looking forward to learning all I can and teaching what I can. biggrin.gif

Welcome bro :drink40:

nice tubes , have not seen a pair in use in a while.

welcome Alton and family.....

chop

Thanks guys!

Chop, those are custom built. The company I was working for had about 4 10+ foot lengths of 12" schedule 80 PVC they were just going to throw away!! I grabbed them up and found a use for them. Used the belled ends to install the subs in, used 3" aero port on the rear of the enclosure. Made them VERY light in comparison to MDF and therefore easy to remove which was the goal. They've held up real well and going to the new enclosure will a quite a change for us since neither me nor my wife will be removing it by ourselves once the subs are loaded in it. (She can't move it by herself now, lol)

I'll get a few taken and put up asap...

Okay Chop, at your request pics of the tubes from the rear, side, how they stay put, and the Neutrik Speakon connector that makes them easy to disconnect for removal:

0324001446.jpg

0324001446a.jpg

0324001447.jpg

0324001448.jpg

So there ya go.... sorry they're dirty and the paint is starting to get beat up.... they see alot of abuse, in and out of the van, piling stuff on top, my wife's crazy driving :suicide-santa:

so chop..... you never did mention why you wanted to see the sides and rears of the tubes....

a big welcome to our newest members of IAk....

Hove and Jay-C76!!!

it was extra cool to be able to hang all weekend together for sure.

seemed as if we had known each other for years!

glad to have you on board fellas.

chop

Welcome!!

Yezzir! Welcome to the family :drink40: I was happy that you both were able to come out and enjoy the experience with all of us :woot:

Hey guys, thank you for the open arm invite!

Here's a little piece of my background:

34 yrs young

Born in 1976 in an Army hospital over in Landstuhl, Germany. (parents were in 101st Airborn Div.)

I have 2 kids, a son who's 8yrs. old, and a step daughter who's 10.

Not married, but been with my ole' lady for 8+ yrs.

Most of my family live in West Virginia.

I've mainly lived in or around the Cincinnati area for the past 31yrs.

Been into car audio since before I could drive.

I've been designing and building enclosures for over 15yrs. (finally got the hang of it...LOL)

Love designing installs that'll shake the fenders off. (love the low, lows)

I've danced around from job to job ever since I was 15.

Worked in residential construction, roofing, tool & die machine shops, delivery and shipping, ect.....

Found some roots in a Sheet Metal Union (Local 24) here in Cincinnati,

I'm currently a 3rd year apprentice.

Working with wood is fun but, I really have a blast making stuff out of metal.

I just recently learned how to properly mig weld, so now I'm having a blast!

Car Audio wise:

I'm also currently a member of Team SSA as well. :woot:

I just recently competed for my first time at Slamology this year.

Scored a 146.4 @ 32hz on 1650rms !!!!

Hope to help you guys in any way I can with enclosure designs and whatever I can.

Hoping to do Mark and Aaron, as well as you guys at Team IAK, the best job I can at

representing in a 100% balls to the wall style! :ehh:

All while maintaining respect for others and an open mind.

Nice intro bro :drink40: We gotta get Hove on here to do one now...LOL

Okay Ive been talking to chop recently about joining Team IAK... So Id figured I'd do this.

My name Is Dallas Burba aka Dizzzle.

Im 16 years of age

I have a 2006 scion tc.

I compete in meca

I live in Louisville, Ky

Im going to school for computer programming and networking administrator.

Do most of my time on the computer or my head in the car, or chilling with my friends.

Ive learn most of my knowledge from Shizzzon.

And I would like to say, The day we went to slamology I saw something I haven't seen much in teams. It was how you guys act like a family to each other and all help each other to get louder while still having fun. And I think that is the most important aspects of a Team in car audio.

:wavey5:

Edited by Dizzzle

Right on Dizzle, welcome :drink40:

Welcome Dallas! :fing34:

I wish I had your ambition when I was 16...LOL

It was really cool meeting ya at Slamology.

I should of done this a little sooner :P

The name is Sam Lucian *i really go by HOVE (hoe-V), The fam had a dispute about the way HOVIG(Hov-ek) was supposed to be spelled so they just named me Sam* long story i know. Everyone calls me hove though.

I am 23 years old

I was born and raised in Detroit MI, Currently living in the suburbs now

I drive an 06 GMC envoy daily, i have a 06 GSXR 1000, i never ride it anymore lol.

I am currently single, no kids that i know of :woot:

I have always really been into car audio, way back when i was young i remember my brother comming home with a Bronco back in the day and he had a little setup in it *not sure what it was* ever since then i have always loved loud music and BASS!!! Every car i have owned had a system in it lol. I started off with a 2000 GMC Blazer with 2X kicker L5 and a kicker amp. then i upgraded with a brand new 05 dodge durango with 2x 15" MTX 9500's, i still own my 08 dodge charger i had 1X 13" jlW7 and a jl1000v1, mom drives it now.

Car audio is not my only hobbie I choose to compete in and enjoy, i am a REAL big gamer, i play COD4 and what not but i compete in all FIGHTING games, Super Street fighter 4, Marvel VS capcom 2 are my main games. i am going to EVO2010 Next month. i should beable to place atlest top 10-15 in the world. I am EX world of warcraft addict. i played for about 5 years, i have been clean for over a year now!! :woot: that game is dangerous! do not play it! lol

I work at 2 full time jobs in the Cell phone world :(:(:( horrible line of work. 8-9 everyday lol

Slamology was a GREAT experience for me, I really loved being able to hang out with the Fam all day and get sunburn and talk about car audio lol. I would like to thank everyone in IAK and everyone i meet at Slamology, i thought i was going to feel a little out of place, but it was not like that at all. I really felt like i was at home!! BIG THANKS to mikey for letting me stay with him at his home, helped me afford the trip!! thanks alot bro!

Gamer huh.....

Gamer huh.....

ohhh yeah!!!! heres some vids of me playing Marvel vs capcom 2

you can also see some more in the related video box obviously lol, i am in the middle of editing some of my Street fighter 4 vids

Welcome to the crew guys!!

Welcome to the family bro :drink40:

Gamer huh.....

ohhh yeah!!!! heres some vids of me playing Marvel vs capcom 2

you can also see some more in the related video box obviously lol, i am in the middle of editing some of my Street fighter 4 vids

Glad to know we both game lol.. But I currently play "pc games" Combat arms and on 360 i play mw2, cod 5, and cod 4

Rattlebox here dont have a car right now using my baby mamas car lol..... but have to start all over again :puzzled: but i have a 1800 audio pipe d class jvc head WMD12 tuned to 33. Been in IAK from the start just aint been on and when i did go to get on forgot my password lol every group has one i just so happen to be the one lol so i had to make a new name and password hi to everyone

i love rattlebox more than a fat kid loves cake...and take it from this fat kid, i love me some cake...lol

rattle box is our equivalint of 'cheddarbob' on '8-mile' .....lmao

we will get you bumping again soon bro...thanks for logging in...good to see you on here!

chop

LMAO!! IAK's cheddar bob!! Glad you found your way back bro :drink40: