Gioia69

tight response + getting low?

when i think about the next setup i want, I just dont know what i want because i listen to a lot of double bass and rap. Is there a type of enclosure that has acoustically accurate response appropriate for rock but also has the ability to get low? low meaning like 30 hertz ish. Haven't heard many ported setups other than my own on rock, and they always sound like shit compared to a sealed box. But I don't actually know if its because of my box, or because its an spl sub, etc. anyone have any advice?

EDIT: I'm talking about subs just incase anybody didnt realize this

Edited by Gioia69

Any alignment can do both, just requires that you choose the size and box parameters to match your goals. Of course you will need a driver that is appropriate for the box, but that should go without saying.

Seal up some XCONS. They get loud as hell sealed.

I had them sealed and ported and they sounded the best sealed but got louder ported, but not by much.

Any alignment can do both, just requires that you choose the size and box parameters to match your goals. Of course you will need a driver that is appropriate for the box, but that should go without saying.

This.

OP, remember Hoffman's Iron Law:

"You can have low end extension, high efficiency, or small enclosure size. Pick two."

If you want to dig deep, a large sealed box, with a low Fs/mid Qts driver may be the ticket. Infinite Baffle would definitely another way to go.

Also, "tight kick drums" are a function of your midbass speakers ;)

when i think about the next setup i want, I just dont know what i want because i listen to a lot of double bass and rap. Is there a type of enclosure that has acoustically accurate response appropriate for rock but also has the ability to get low? low meaning like 30 hertz ish. Haven't heard many ported setups other than my own on rock, and they always sound like shit compared to a sealed box. But I don't actually know if its because of my box, or because its an spl sub, etc. anyone have any advice?

EDIT: I'm talking about subs just incase anybody didnt realize this

rock doesnt extend that low in most cases. id suggest some beeefy midbass upfront