thehawk93

US amp MD3D

This is the model that has the 3 40 amp blade fuses on it. I was wondering if this amp will do it's rated power of 2000 rms @ a 1 ohm load. Of course I know this is at 14..4 volts just wondering if this amp will do it or not??? I mean the amp does take 1/0 gauge wire and I'm thinking it will draw at least 180 amps em I wrong to think this is true??? Thanks for information in advance and the help...

Hawk

No reply's at all, well maybe some more information well help you help me. This amp is the one that has the set up that runs down one side of the amp. Like the old soundstream 10.0 and from what I have found on the net it has the same mosfet under the board set up..... Well I hope this will get some reply's now...

Hawk

Ok then, I guess the questions were dumb????

Edited by thehawk93

Well, I think that I found out that the amp is the 2007 Model... So will this amp do the rated power?????

3x40fuses=120amps

120ampsx12.5 volt= no will not do rated power. probably wont even do it @14.4. search for how to do calculations yourself next time.

the amp has 3 more fuses inside making it 240 amps it will do more than rated power i've done research on this amp i was considering buying it before i stumbled across Sundown SAZ3000 at a good price

3x40fuses=120amps

120ampsx12.5 volt= no will not do rated power. probably wont even do it @14.4. search for how to do calculations yourself next time.

First off a amp like this should pull more amps then the fuse rating. Second off I know how to calculate wattage on amps I just wanted peoples reviews on use of this amp.... Plus this site is for people to learn and teach and as you tried to show me something you also shot that help down by being rude.....

the amp has 3 more fuses inside making it 240 amps it will do more than rated power i've done research on this amp i was considering buying it before i stumbled across Sundown SAZ3000 at a good price

Thank you for the information I will still be looking to find more...

It's real slow on this section of the forum. Even then not very informative. I ran in to the same thing. Keep asking around I finaly got some decent info from Alton.

It's real slow on this section of the forum. Even then not very informative. I ran in to the same thing. Keep asking around I finaly got some decent info from Alton.

Thank you for the update Soapbox.....

Ok, from what I have found now on this amp it will pull 180 amps and is 77 % eff. at 1 ohm on full tilt.. Not bad at all and will do the 2000 rms at 14.4 volts if keeped there.. So I figure a drop to 13.0 volts will still yield at least 1500 rms all day use..... Thank you to the people that repiled and you can still add your 2 cents if you would like....

Edited by thehawk93

Ok , I got the amp and it does have 3 more 40 amp fuses inside. This is a total of 240 amps.... Well I would say this amp will do the rated power of 2000 rms....

Hawk

Edited by thehawk93

I have a md3d and ive dun 2400watts @14.4 so yes it does over rated power also i only have a 85amp alt but have 2 yellow tops the big 3 all 0awgu and i dont drop below 13.8 ive seen others do 2800watts w it modded and w a 300amp alt as well. To answer your question yes it does do rated power and i would love to find a couple more of them also there is different models of the md3d...there is a md3d and a md3dn as well as a merlin and a merlin 2....Also 2u diff boards one with the inputs on the side of or on the bottom..so where the usamps badge is it will be below the badge or to the right of it..i have the one thats to the right of the badge or on the skinniest panel of the amp. Hope this helps you out

I have a md3d and ive dun 2400watts @14.4 so yes it does over rated power also i only have a 85amp alt but have 2 yellow tops the big 3 all 0awgu and i dont drop below 13.8 ive seen others do 2800watts w it modded and w a 300amp alt as well. To answer your question yes it does do rated power and i would love to find a couple more of them also there is different models of the md3d...there is a md3d and a md3dn as well as a merlin and a merlin 2....Also 2u diff boards one with the inputs on the side of or on the bottom..so where the usamps badge is it will be below the badge or to the right of it..i have the one thats to the right of the badge or on the skinniest panel of the amp. Hope this helps you out

I wonder if he still has that amp?

Md3m has 6 not 3 but 6 40amp fuses and is asked for 60amp fuses by factory and will do 3k rms on a snow day its called power power power if you dont have a row of batts and at lest 2 atls this amp is not for your ride 

If he didn't get his answer five years ago, I don't think he needs it now. 

Please check dates before posting.