Doctor Q

Window Tint Picture Thread

I created this thread so everyone can post pictures of their tint so that I can get an idea because in the next month or two I plan on re-tinting my car.

Currently, I have 15% all around and nothing on the windshield but I want more privacy and heat protection from the shield so right now I am planning on doing atleast 5% all around and 50% on the windshield but am considering as dark as 35% on top of 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. I don't want to hear anything about legal issues, trust me I am aware.

Just interested in your opinion and if anyone has experience with tint on the windshield and how it is to drive in rain/night/both.... Also Will 5% all around give me complete privacy during bright summer days or will people still be able to see in a little bit, which is why I would add another layer of 35% or possibly 15%.

Here is what I have now (15% all around) but obviously i took the pictures to make them look as dark as possible so I will update this weekend with more realistic pictures

0609092046.jpg

0415091940.jpg

If you want to be blacked out, go for 5%. Go as much as you want cause its your car. I dont know about your laws but do enough to where it not PC, IMO. If people dont get hassled for that shit in your town, then go more. 5% is definitely private. :neil:

Backing up at night without a good light is FTL. Its a real bitch.:suicide-santa:

If you want to be blacked out, go for 5%. Go as much as you want cause its your car. I dont know about your laws but do enough to where it not PC, IMO. If people dont get hassled for that shit in your town, then go more. 5% is definitely private. :neil:

Backing up at night without a good light is FTL. Its a real bitch.:suicide-santa:

first of all whats "PC" mean? haha sorry.

also yeah backing up is already hard with 15% but im getting a double din video HU with backup camera so that is why im willing to go pretty much as dark as anything on back windows. Im obviously already illegal now and I know that the new tint will be illegal

last thing is i got mine done at a place called England Bros and they charged $225 for all around and it was 15% and a guy at Custom Daves near Charlotte quoted $140 all around and he gets great reviews and uses Suntek Carbon film so I can't decide to go 5% all around with him and pay $140 or if I should go back to England Bros and add another layer of 15% which would then be 2.25% all around or even a layer of 5% on top of my 15% which would be .75% but I think that may be too dark haha.

also yeah backing up is already hard with 15% but im getting a double din video HU with backup camera so that is why im willing to go pretty much as dark as anything on back windows. Im obviously already illegal now and I know that the new tint will be illegal

last thing is i got mine done at a place called England Bros and they charged $225 for all around and it was 15% and a guy at Custom Daves near Charlotte quoted $140 all around and he gets great reviews and uses Suntek Carbon film so I can't decide to go 5% all around with him and pay $140 or if I should go back to England Bros and add another layer of 15% which would then be 2.25% all around or even a layer of 5% on top of my 15% which would be .75% but I think that may be too dark haha.

PC is probable cause...probable cause to pull your ass over whenever they feel like it. That, I dont like.

I would just add an additional layer to get you to 5% or wherever. IMO it shouldnt be any less than that for a civilian daily driver. Doesnt make sense unless its just for show.

PC is probable cause...probable cause to pull your ass over whenever they feel like it. That, I dont like.

I would just add an additional layer to get you to 5% or wherever. IMO it shouldnt be any less than that for a civilian daily driver. Doesnt make sense unless its just for show.

Alrite. Well so far Ive had 15% all around and never been stopped and legal here is 35% all around... basically as long as im doing what im supposed to ill never get stopped for JUST tint... (knock on wood)

so could there be any problems with adding a layer of tint to a different layer (as in company)... for example. I have 15% Llumar right now, atleast thats what they told me they used and lets say for whatever reason they changed companies and use a different tint now.. could that be a problem (besides transmitting signals)

i have privacy tint and 5% on that and it is dark as fuck...At night you gotta roll windows down to make turns,but the good about it is that i only half to turn my ac on number 1 during the summer.It also save your interior from getting baked.The front window is 20% and thats perfect,on hazy days you cant see thru it at all and head on you cant see anything because my interior is all black... :drink40::drink40::drink40:

I dont know about that. If you are worried of adding another layer and wont like the outcome, just go fresh from the start.:drink40:

Save yourself the headache dude.;)

i believe if you go out and buy the Glad brand,

tape it up and see how it works for you.

they sale it just about everywhere, like three ply too!

lol, really, since you asked for an a opion, you are chaseing a dead end here.

looks like you got the extra cash, so try it out, but i would assume you will be tearing it back off.

just curious, why so much privacy needed and what gives on not being concerned with the man pulling you over?

is the car strictly a trailer queen? not on public road much?

sorry if any of this comes across overly negative..... just feel like there should be a word of caution thrown out there.

i have drove 5% tint at night before...... it is not all that cool to be blinded by sub-dark windows.

just my friendly .02

chop

I agree chop night driving sucks..its easy to nail somebody but during the day its kool if its hot where you live otherwise i wouldnt do it.

i believe if you go out and buy the Glad brand,

tape it up and see how it works for you.

they sale it just about everywhere, like three ply too!

lol, really, since you asked for an a opion, you are chaseing a dead end here.

looks like you got the extra cash, so try it out, but i would assume you will be tearing it back off.

just curious, why so much privacy needed and what gives on not being concerned with the man pulling you over?

is the car strictly a trailer queen? not on public road much?

sorry if any of this comes across overly negative..... just feel like there should be a word of caution thrown out there.

i have drove 5% tint at night before...... it is not all that cool to be blinded by sub-dark windows.

just my friendly .02

chop

no this is not overly negative, but i understand what you are sayin

first, i understand the dangers of dark tint at night but most of my driving is done during the day and when i do go out at night, i can just roll down the side windows because it is never too cold for me to do that hardly...

second, this summer i will have to leave my car out in the sun alot and want to protect interior as much as possible.

third, security... my subs fire into the cabin and most of the time I have my rear seats folded down and I dont want people to see the subs

fourth, i just like privacy and people not being able to see ANYTHING in my car. I dont know why but thats just me

fifth and lastly, i am not very worried about cops because they do not harass people in my area unless you are being a complete idiot or they are having a bad day... also i know how to hande the situation if i am stopped.... roll down all windows, both hands on steering wheel, keys on dash, dome lights on.... make them feel comfortable so that their nerves are not worked up before they even speak to you and more than likely as long as you are polite they will not give me a ticket for just tint.

I have passed by 100s of cops at night when you cant see in my car at all and sat next to them at stoplights, etc and never once been stopped so i think cops are pretty chill here about tint. If not then ill learn and go back to 15%....

as of now I am thinking abnout 5% all aorund + 50 or 35 on shield but just want to hear some feedback from people that have 5 all the way around.... how much can you see in during the day if its sunny out? obviously night gives a little trouble seeing but im already used to dark tint at night and backing up wont be a problem once i get my backup cam.

Mines 5% all around and i LOVE it. Cops dont bug me, but to be on the safe side i roll down my windows when one's beside me.

5.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

And to add i have complete privacy in bright daylight. the back 3 windows are 5% on top of the stock tint so you cant even look through them when you cup your eyes hardly.

And it gets so dark in there that it makes my windshield look tinted too, people cant see me through it either. At night it takes some getting used to but it all pays off :)

And to add i have complete privacy in bright daylight. the back 3 windows are 5% on top of the stock tint so you cant even look through them when you cup your eyes hardly.

And it gets so dark in there that it makes my windshield look tinted too, people cant see me through it either. At night it takes some getting used to but it all pays off :)

thanks. thats exactly what i needed. and when you say takes getting used to at night u mean having the sides dark right?

Edited by Doctor Q

thanks. thats exactly what i needed. at when you say takes getting used to at night u mean having the sides dark right?

Yes.

I've got 35% around, limit for front is 50%, and a 5% strip on the front. Never had a problem with cops.

Helps with heat a little bit, but it gets HOT down here. And backing up at night can be slightly troublesome.

I'm not sure what I got but at night car headlights look like little flashlights being carried by a couple kids. I know the dark parts of the tint is called limo tint. The lighter part of the tint is like a mirror. At the front of the van you can't see anyhting unless you're right up on the bumper. From the side, the only windoe you can see anyhting is the slider door window. The back windows are painted black from the inside.

hpim1713q.jpg

hpim1714u.jpg

hpim1716s.jpg

hpim1717.jpg

hpim1725.jpg

I'm not sure what I got but at night car headlights look like little flashlights being carried by a couple kids. I know the dark parts of the tint is called limo tint. The lighter part of the tint is like a mirror. At the front of the van you can't see anyhting unless you're right up on the bumper. From the side, the only windoe you can see anyhting is the slider door window. The back windows are painted black from the inside.

hpim1713q.jpg

hpim1714u.jpg

hpim1716s.jpg

hpim1717.jpg

hpim1725.jpg

limo tint is usually 5% and thanks.

You guys are lucky, cant have that dark tint in Texas (I used to have 5% all around and loved it). Right now I have 25% on the side windows and 5% in the back, I may go and change the sides to 15% sometime this summer.

5% all the way around. The windshield will be 35% next week :D

dsc01191l.jpg

dsc01196l.jpg

thats nice. actually thats exactly what i deicded on finally doing... 5% all around and 35% on shield

leme know how you like the windshield and especially some info on how it is at night with visibility and all and if it rains. thanks man

Here are some more pictures of my 15% all around that i took today while taking videos...

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

keep in mind thats also at like 9 or 10 in the morning and it was not that sunny. Gives me most the privacy I need except sunny days it looks like its 35%. From about 5 or 6pm or later you cant see much of anything and past 7 its pitch black.

id stay at 5% and dont tint your front window i have 2% on the sides and 20% on the front window i get pulled over all the time

id stay at 5% and dont tint your front window i have 2% on the sides and 20% on the front window i get pulled over all the time

Or MAYBE cause you have 2% all around. You do realize that that let's in 2% of the light outside, that't completely ridiculous and you deserve to be pulled over if you go that dark.

Or MAYBE cause you have 2% all around. You do realize that that let's in 2% of the light outside, that't completely ridiculous and you deserve to be pulled over if you go that dark.

Just roll down your window's when you see a cop, simple as that ;)