Doctor Q

Window Tint Picture Thread

I got 35% on the front side windows and 16% on top of the stock tint on the rear side windows, and 4% on back.

I got 35% on the front side windows and 16% on top of the stock tint on the rear side windows, and 4% on back.

thanks.. it looks really good.

thanks, When they finished the tinting I wished they had done the front side windows a little darker, but after driving and seeing it outside in the daylight, its perfect :)

Mines legal, but i would like to go darker.. i just don't want to get the police on my ass everyday.. i attract enough attention already.

16737545.jpg

35% is the limit here in MD:

5881930044_medium.jpg

In France you can have what you want, everywhere except on the windshield : nothing is allowed.

But you'd better roll down the windows when you pass by the cops if it's too dark. They don't like tint, they want to see you, even if it's not illegal!

I have 10% on the sides and on the back, so I roll down when needed and I turn down the stereo when I see the cops !!! I don't want any problem !

In France you can have what you want, everywhere except on the windshield : nothing is allowed.

But you'd better roll down the windows when you pass by the cops if it's too dark. They don't like tint, they want to see you, even if it's not illegal!

I have 10% on the sides and on the back, so I roll down when needed and I turn down the stereo when I see the cops !!! I don't want any problem !

Damn, thats legit.. be murdered out, but at night.. it would BLOW

This pic was takin' in the middle of winter and I actually washed the car about a week before the photo SO don't give me any shizzz.

At night time I can't really see out of the sides when theres no street lights.

med_gallery_10399_356_528764.jpg

I got this bish tinted the day after I bought it, I felt like I was I a giant fish bowl before tint.

has anyone done their own? if so did you cut your own or order pre-cut? i'm debating if i want to do my own or not... leaning towards not lol

j-roadtatts wash your car

:)

DO NOT tint your windshield if you have stock halogen bulbs........ it will end horribly for you.

TINT.jpg

That's painted rear 3 windows, 5% driver/passenger, and 35% over whole windshield with a 5% strip on top the windshield.

And with 55w 6,000k headlights and fog lights everything was fine. Except driving in rain, in dark, with oncoming vehicles.

HIDCHRIS.jpg

p.s. The rear three where painted right before the wall was put in.

5881930044_medium.jpg

And unlike all the 5% that actually looks nice. Going darker than that on most cars just makes it look like a hood hooptie. Your car looks great with what it has and needs no more.

5881930044_medium.jpg

And unlike all the 5% that actually looks nice. Going darker than that on most cars just makes it look like a hood hooptie. Your car looks great with what it has and needs no more.

Legally I cannot go darker, I get pulled over once in a while as it is. Part of the darker appearance is the thickness of the glass, the slight tint it already had from the factory, and that it is a very dark car that has a moon roof.

I am thinking of redo-ing my drivers side window:

123wcw4.gif

I am thinking of redo-ing my drivers side window:

123wcw4.gif

hahaha lmao. well within the next 5 weeks I should get my tint done. I decided, screw it. Im going 5% over my 15% now on all windows and 50% on front windshield. It'll be dark as hell but I should only have this car till December 2011

Edited by Doctor Q

I really wanna get 20% tint but some folks have told me it would take away the "clean" look of the car

if that makes any sense..

2uqov8m.jpg

6f6ur4.jpg

I really wanna get 20% tint but some folks have told me it would take away the "clean" look of the car

2uqov8m.jpg

6f6ur4.jpg

naa bro tint would look "G" on your car just dont go crazy dark on it.

2uqov8m.jpg

6f6ur4.jpg

naa bro tint would look "G" on your car just dont go crazy dark on it.

yeah it would look good with tint. my brother just got his whip with 20 all around and words cant explain how much better it looks.... its also black though and i think black cars are the best looking with tint. but my car is white and i think tint made it look better too. cant go wrong with it.

Think we can add more to this thread? Certain things like

a.) Brands to use

b.) Brands to avoid

c.) Features to look for

d.) Recommendations for window tinting shops by region, state, city, etc.?

Just a thought...

I know the local shop around here didn't know the state laws, nor did they have a light meter; they won't even touch the metal film either.

Think we can add more to this thread? Certain things like

a.) Brands to use

b.) Brands to avoid

c.) Features to look for

d.) Recommendations for window tinting shops by region, state, city, etc.?

Just a thought...

I know the local shop around here didn't know the state laws, nor did they have a light meter; they won't even touch the metal film either.

thats a good idea.

a) as far as brands to use all i have used so far is Llumar 15% film and i believe it is the CTX but im not positive. I have nothing bad to say about it. Works great. Heat blocked. Has lasted for over a year so far. No problems. From inside it has a very slight green hue to it but not a problem at all to me.

b) havent had any yet.

c) heat rejection, glare reduction, refelctance, and UV rejection but for most its 99% or better

d) I used England Bros in Viewmont, NC and my brother used Custom Dave's in mooresville. I think my brother got the better deal. We have practically the same car. Mine is a 99 Volvo S70 and his is a 96 Volvo 850 which basically are the same as far as design and window sizes etc. Mine cost $225 and his was $140 and we both got all around me 15% and him 20%. I also had to drop my car off and leave it there most of the day and my brother dropped his off and the guy siad itd take about 90min and my brother waited there and he was done in 75min and it looked great. He has only had his tint for a week so there isnt much to say yet but it seems great and its suntek carbon film and im getting my car tinted soon and im heading to Custom Dave's this time.

Tint is pretty much mandatory as far as I'm concerned; interior lasts a whole lot longer and you can use your air conditioning less.

dont come to va the tint laws are 50% for fronts and 35% rears which is slowing me down from getting tints 50% is to light not to mention a waste of money i'll most likely go for 35% all the way around and just look out for the cops

yea thats why i havnt gotten mine done yet. but i see tons of people ridin around with dark windows! so will your car even pass inspection if your tint is darker than legal?

Tint is pretty much mandatory as far as I'm concerned; interior lasts a whole lot longer and you can use your air conditioning less.

x2, couldnt agree with you anymore.

dont come to va the tint laws are 50% for fronts and 35% rears which is slowing me down from getting tints 50% is to light not to mention a waste of money i'll most likely go for 35% all the way around and just look out for the cops

yea thats why i havnt gotten mine done yet. but i see tons of people ridin around with dark windows! so will your car even pass inspection if your tint is darker than legal?

In Texas, anytime tint is installed by a shop, they are required to put their name on the bottom corner of the glass. When you take your car in for yearly inspection, they are supposed to measure the tint with a light meter. If it violates state laws, they have the authority to remove the tint from your vehicle and phone in the tint shop to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

At least, that is how it is supposed to happen.

In actuality, it depends on the inspection station. Some don't have light meters. Some do and don't use them. I'm sure there are even some stations that can be bribed.

Texas' tint laws are pretty lax, thankfully. 25% to the AS-1 line on the windshield, 25% on the front two doors, no limit on the rest provided you have a functional set of side-view mirrors, and a 25% reflectivity limit all around.

In Texas, anytime tint is installed by a shop, they are required to put their name on the bottom corner of the glass. When you take your car in for yearly inspection, they are supposed to measure the tint with a light meter. If it violates state laws, they have the authority to remove the tint from your vehicle and phone in the tint shop to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

At least, that is how it is supposed to happen.

In actuality, it depends on the inspection station. Some don't have light meters. Some do and don't use them. I'm sure there are even some stations that can be bribed.

Texas' tint laws are pretty lax, thankfully. 25% to the AS-1 line on the windshield, 25% on the front two doors, no limit on the rest provided you have a functional set of side-view mirrors, and a 25% reflectivity limit all around.

Acutally they just raised the tint law in Texas, now it is 35% (passed in the fall) but I could care less. Im doing a 5% strip on front windshield, my rear door windows and rear windshield will be 5% while the front door windows will be 25%.

I do miss my 5% tint all the way around but it did make me hit a lot of curbs and came close to talking a few peoples legs out so I dont recommend 5% on a front window but to each its own (roll your window down if around police that avoids a lot of problems).