Thumpper

Twin 15" Xcon Dodge Dakota X-Cab ( PTS Hybrid Horn )

So you built that big ass box, are you going to tune it to the car? nice work but if not done right it will sound like ass. does not look like you have any room to tune the port? you say 30 hz, have you checked it in the car? my bet is it will sound like ass. there is a fine line between sounding good and hitting hard. been too long, but it still all works the same. dont mean to sound like an ass, but lets get real.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LMAO.........

I used left handed tools....she's gonna bang!!!!

So you built that big ass box, are you going to tune it to the car? nice work but if not done right it will sound like ass. does not look like you have any room to tune the port? you say 30 hz, have you checked it in the car? my bet is it will sound like ass. there is a fine line between sounding good and hitting hard. been too long, but it still all works the same. dont mean to sound like an ass, but lets get real.

O.K. then, if you really want to, let's get REAL.....

It's best to keep one's mouth shut and have others think you're ignorant,

than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.....

Do some research before passing any judgment man.

Thumpper has been building custom enclosures for many years.

Having customers that use his enclosures in a wide variety of applications

ranging from daily driver to serious competitors,

there are countless positive reviews as well as trophies that speak FOR him.

If you don't understand something fully, how can you make any judgment on true performance?

P.S. Trevor, sorry for your loss. Hope you and the family are doing well considering the loss. Best wishes.

I'll have the carpet on in a day or two

my Grandfather passed away Sunday morning so I'v been buisy with family

Very sorry for your loss Trevor, those things are allways hard on a family. My best wishes.

Not much to say here. You are under the impression that this is for competition? That would be the only reason for tuning to one's internal frequency, to achieve the best possible numbers. Have you ever heard of people just tuning low and building for sheer street beat? That is obviously what is happening in this build. If you like purely spl, thats great, but not all who build stereo's of this size are going for a one note wonder. (they like music)

Try and respect others opinions, and not pretend everyone has the same interests as you.

Have a nice day :)

nice work every lil detail to chop aint see this yet , and its a dakota he will love it :suicide-santa:

Wow Thumper, this is the second enclosure design i have seen from you and i am amazed. you have some great skill there, keep up the good work :D

my condolences are with you and your family after hearing about your loss

Wow Thumper, this is the second enclosure design i have seen from you and i am amazed. you have some great skill there, keep up the good work :D

only your second? do some research and check those works of art out! get to study!

sorry about your loss, thumpper. take you time, losses are never fun. best wishes.

I'll be throwing the carpet on tonight and Glenn will be over in the morning to install it

the subs are already somewhat broken in so we may make a small Video

Excellent work sir. Very clean and detailed. :popcorn:

Sorry about your loss.

I still have the trim panels , door pods and pillar pods to go on this project

this thing HITS stupid hard..very tight eye blurring drops

38042580080_large.jpg

38042580079_large.jpg

38042580078_large.jpg

38042580082_large.jpg

a couple short vids.......

okay, first of all, i am a big fan....

second, i refused to look at this build log because i knew i would be in fail mode...

but steve(ratleboxIAk) told me give it a look..... great,

i did

then i went out back a set mine on fire!

dude, you are so over the top..... i am not sure even how to approach starting to create builds like this....

great work for sure...

chop

if you chose to skip the second vid, go back, watch it.... frickin hilarious....

that should be pinned...

lol

thanks for a good laugh...

chop

LOL... the bass is every bit as strong in that thing as it was with all four 15's in the Windstar

I need to invest in a better quality camera for these vids

Thumper each enclosure you build makes want it more and more. Now you built this enclosure and now I want that. I guess I don't need to see out the back window of my truck that bad. Great looking and sound awsome. Sits and waits impatiently. :peepwall:

Complete and total failure on your first post. Please do some research and look at the amazing builds he has done and what he has been able to do with them.

:Doh:

Wow man looks amazing!! And it seems like it is hitting like crazy!!!

hemi was right man this was a fail..

yeah right! you just put a destruction device into that truck. the only thing the customer is gonna complain about is all the paint that's gonna start coming off the truck :)

this one worked out really well....

I'm amazed on the low end extension with this set up...it digs LOWWWWW

Complete and total failure on your first post. Please do some research and look at the amazing builds he has done and what he has been able to do with them.

:Doh:

I'd like to have HEMI sit in this thing for a track or two......

and then give me a demo of something comparible that he built

nuff said

Took the dodge out 2day and my ears are still ringn!!! these subs are so clear and and holy shit they poundddddddddd , Trevor you have out done yourself !!!!! When they drop (and beleive me they DROP) its like a earthquake fer real!!!!

You have made a believer outa me !!!! they sound 100 times bettr than my dds , cant beleive the difference , the windows on my house vibrate like a train roarin by when im in the driveway, have never felt the pressure in my chest or my eyes rattle around (had to actually slow down and concentrate on the road).

i would have never thought that the end result would be this , dammmmmmm i am finally satisfied with the bass in the truck !!! THANKS AGAIN TREVOR FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND GETTING THE MOST OUT OF A SUB !!

an earthquake in a can.....LOL

it's gonna be awsome once the front stage is done

What do you plan for frontstage ?

With so much bass, you will need something powerful !!!

That enclosure is sick !

I have one 15" xcon in my car, but I can't imagine 2 of them pounding right in my back !!!!!!!

Congratulations !!!

BTW Hemi is on the forum for several years, and it's only his first post ! (Was he locked somewhere ?peepwall.gif )

Videos!!!!!!!