Tirefryr

Stage 1.

looks really good there ryan!

how bad does the trunk rattle? i put a ported ten in an alero with just 400wrms from a kicker 400.1 and it rattles like there is a pair of 15's in there....lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I haven't had it in the vehicle yet. I hooked it up in my test room corner loaded to simulate the transfer function to the best of my ability. I don't really feel the need to go into detail because the driver really is just too cheap money wise to even warrant needing it, but if you have the need for an ultra-cheap driver, this will do VERY well. Given a little more displacement capability, I would put this up against the old Shivas. Keep in mind the enclosure is tiny for a vented enclosure. 1.03 cubes after displacement. Tuning is around 32Hz. Very efficient.

looks extremely nice with the grill. all that white lettering kills the "stealth" look

that looks awesome, very nice work, I would really like to hear it,

if it is as good as you say, I might be forced to buy a mini install from you for Amanda

that looks awesome, very nice work, I would really like to hear it,

if it is as good as you say, I might be forced to buy a mini install from you for Amanda

How about some homemade 90s and some Y-adapters?

0guage0161wp.jpg

0guage0173he.jpg

As for buying something from me, I have nothing. The little deal I had going never materialized.

That sub is EMO !!!

:lol2:

wonder if the dude still has the NEX stuff left? :huh2:

The adapters I had to make.

engineparts0174ip.jpg

engineparts0185iq.jpg

And the finished trunk. Overall, there was only a loss of about 1" on the depth if that. It's a little too loud for her though, even with the gains at ZERO.

engineparts0196el.jpg

The adapters I had to make.

engineparts0174ip.jpg

engineparts0185iq.jpg

And the finished trunk.  Overall, there was only a loss of about 1" on the depth if that.  It's a little too loud for her though, even with the gains at ZERO.

engineparts0196el.jpg

Looks nice for a budget setup.

My mom complained that her bass was to loud when i first put her system in, now she complains if she doesnt have her bass.

You get used to it

the final execution is very nice

looks good ryan...

i need to snap a few pics of the alero install i need not too awful long ago that looks similiar to that...kinda...

hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ohh wow nice install... my girlfriend has a grand am also, just can't talk her into a little bump. I put two memphis power reference 12"s and a 400watt amp in her brothers jimmy and ever since then she won't put anything in her car :(

Only thing she will let me do is put a remote starter on it, which I will probably do next weekend.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but....

Ryan, how did you go about getting the sides of the amp closed in ?

Also, does having the amp like that cool it enough ?

elias, it looks to be a trim panel....go back to page two, towards the top he has two pics.....one where u can see all around the sides of the amp and then one when u can't.

going by that, he just cut and carpeted a trim panel the same size as the front of the enclosure and screwed/braded it to the baffle (my guess is screws, so as to make it removeable).

as to cooling, the majority of hte heatsink is exposed, and the trim panel won't be sealed, so i would guess that unless she drive's it hard constantly, it should cool just fine.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but....

Ryan, how did you go about getting the sides of the amp closed in ?

Also, does having the amp like that cool it enough ?

Kent pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I used grill guides instead of fasteners. It allows for toolless removal, and it the quickest way.