Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

Has anyone ever done 4 12" dcons before?

And if so how would these compare to two level four 12's?

Kinda coming from two ends of a spectrum, but I am just tossing around ideas for the next system and am wanting to start pretty soon.

Kinda coming from two ends of a spectrum, but I am just tossing around ideas for the next system and am wanting to start pretty soon.

Comparison threads are useless since most drivers cant be compared due to their goals they were designed around, DC Sound subs are geared more for SPL purposes (not saying they dont have some good sound quality as well) and SSA subs are geared more for SQ purposes (not saying they dont have good SPl or output).

Thinking about trying a DCON. - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 2

The only way to tell how they would compare would be to buy both sets of subs and install to find out, car audio is all about compromise and lots of testing (the only way to find things out in life).

Comparison threads are useless since most drivers cant be compared due to their goals they were designed around, DC Sound subs are geared more for SPL purposes (not saying they dont have some good sound quality as well) and SSA subs are geared more for SQ purposes (not saying they dont have good SPl or output).

Thinking about trying a DCON. - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 2

The only way to tell how they would compare would be to buy both sets of subs and install to find out, car audio is all about compromise and lots of testing (the only way to find things out in life).

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I was thinking would be the outcome. I think I may be leaning more towards the dc because the install and box would be easier to do.

What you say does make sense though and I will keep researching. Thanks again.

I know which one I would pick. :)

let me get this straight. you are comparing 4 12s vs 2 12s??? thats noobtastic.