keetykush

I Got The Wrong Speaker

I ordered

Your Order Contains the Following Items:

* 1 x 15" Lethal Injection Series

(VOICE COIL OPTIONS: 4 OHM DUAL COILS)

But, today I got the package and its a dual 2. I was planning on putting the sub on a zx750.1, I was pretty certain I needed the dual 4... so if this is a good mistake then just let me know. What do I do now?

Yes, a good one. Wire the driver in parallel to one ohm and youre straight. :drink40:

Yes, a good one. Wire the driver in parallel to one ohm and youre straight. :drink40:

I wouldnt wire that to 1 ohm since Kicker amps are 2 ohm stable. Either see if you can return the speaker for a different voice coil option or get another amp. You need to wire your sub in series to 4 ohms until you get a one ohm stable amp.

Features:

RMS Power: 750 Watts x 1 @ 2 Ohm

RMS Power : 350 Watts x 1 @ 4 Ohm

Number Of Channels: 1

Wire it at 4 ohms like jay-cee said untill you get a different amp...or sub

Whoops. Not one ohm stable? That sucks. I dont use Kicker amps...hehe^_^

No, dont do that. :blush: If it was me, Id sell that amp here and get another one.

Great catch jay cee!

I'm not doing that, I waited long enough for the sub... and I'm on keeping my current amp for awhile. Sorry if that came off kinda like a dick.

Edited by keetykush

^ I'm not doing that, I want the sub I ordered.

Well if you want the sub your ordered then instead of talking to us shouldnt you be emailing or getting in touch with who messed up your order. :peepwall:

Contact them and ask them to swap it out if you ordered a d4 and they sent d2.......wait do they offer a LI with d4?? i think its just d1 or d2?

Well in that case i would give em a call or email. i have never used them personally but if there on SSA they must be good dudes and will make it right. If it were me i would keep the sub D2 and run it @4 ohms. them save up or whatever then buy an amp stable at 1 ohm. IMO

Just let Nick or Josh @ IA know and I am sure they will be more than willing to swap!

Good Luck!

Mods may want to move this to the Incriminator forum

Are you sure you chose the right options? You either have some shit luck or pull the trigger rather rashly. Either way it sucks.

Check the coils with a DMM if you haven't already.

Maybe it's right just labeled wrong.

Are you sure you chose the right options? You either have some shit luck or pull the trigger rather rashly. Either way it sucks.

Same thing I was thinking from the beginning since I never had that happened (I have bought over 20 subs in my short span of my car audio hobby) or heard about it.

Check the coils with a DMM if there not what there supposed to be then Contact nick at IA. Ive dealt with him and ordered from him and he was super helpful im sure he would swap it out.

I ordered the right thing, the quote from the original post was copied from my order. I don't have anything to check and see if it was just a mislabeling.... I wouldn't mind a new amp but I'm much more in need of a new enclosure at the moment.

yeah fuck that shit, if you ordered it correctly and they messed up then it should be fixed. Its an easy mistake though... they put the wrong thing in the wrong box, we're all human.

EDIT: they put the wrong thing in the RIGHT box.

Edited by BanginGMC

Well said, I actually wouldn't mind even making a trade with new IA instead of going through the hassle of another order being sent out(another wait), but I guess I'll wait and see what I hear from SSA.

Stop making excuses and check the god damn coils with a DMM!!!

:bull:

I have no access or cash to use one, it would be a lot simpler if I just knew it was labeled wrong or right. How much is a DMM and where to I get one?

you can buy one for $20-$25. No need to go crazy, but in this hobby you will need one. It's priceless.

Stop making excuses and check the god damn coils with a DMM!!!

bull.gif

werd_msword.gif