Dan208

Subwoofer displacement?

I'm looking through my subs owner's manual, and I can't find the displacement. What is displacement represented as? I've Googled it every way possible and still have come up with nothing. They are Clarion SW1051's. Sorry for the noob question.

YOu can tie it up in a plastic bag, drop in in a bucket, fill with sand and measure how much sand it took to fill. whats left is your subs displacement.

I would just guess and say .10 for a 10" sub. It wont make that much difference.

I'm looking through my subs owner's manual, and I can't find the displacement. What is displacement represented as? I've Googled it every way possible and still have come up with nothing. They are Clarion SW1051's. Sorry for the noob question.

I just searched and looked at every website I could think of and got nothing in return. Going to have to find out how to do the math or call Clarion. Sorry I couldnt help you.

Driver Displacement is in the manual listed under the VD in the thiele small parameters. I believe it was listed at .045

Driver Displacement is in the manual listed under the VD in the thiele small parameters. I believe it was listed at .045

VD is not driver displacement. VD is the maximum displacement the cone has when in motion, its calculated from cone area and xmax.

VD is not driver displacement. VD is the maximum displacement the cone has when in motion, its calculated from cone area and xmax.

Ding Ding Ding!

Vd is the amount of air the driver displaces when operating at it's linear excursion limits (linear displacement).

What the OP is looking for is physical driver displacement. Unfortunately, there's no "standard" for providing this particular piece of information. If it's a reasonable sized 10" driver, it would be pretty save to assume it's around .05 - .1cuft.

Yep, I'd bet close to 0.1cuft. Being off by 0.02cuft won't matter anyways.

Thanks, guys. They aren't huge subs, so I figured the displacement wouldn't be a whole lot.