Of course you have to have bracing but you still have to hold up 80lbs.with it being on top will help out alot. I didn't know you were outing it on top so 2 layers will be fine.

Of course you have to have bracing but you still have to hold up 80lbs.with it being on top will help out alot. I didn't know you were outing it on top so 2 layers will be fine.

The Warden 21" is 59 lbs.

if it would have stopped breaking the boxes it was in i wouldnt have had to wall it. but i went through to many boxes and it was starting to get pricey.

If you're breaking boxes, then they are built like :bull:!

they were decent boxes. but i think it might have been shitty mdf in all honesty. and duran idk why ur quoting the weight of the warden. im using the death penalty. i was playing with a few pieces of the old mdf that i used for them and it seems a little bit too dry maybe? im not really sure how to explain it but it seemed waaay to dry for it being not even a year old. it was brittle and went kind of powdery if you broke a piece off.

Oh my bad :(

they were decent boxes. but i think it might have been shitty mdf in all honesty. and duran idk why ur quoting the weight of the warden. im using the death penalty. i was playing with a few pieces of the old mdf that i used for them and it seems a little bit too dry maybe? im not really sure how to explain it but it seemed waaay to dry for it being not even a year old. it was brittle and went kind of powdery if you broke a piece off.

Sounds like you guys where using particle board instead of mdf, sure it was mdf?

Just FYI, having an enclosure too large lowers power handling above tuning as well. So it would have been easy to overexcurt the sub even with a higher subsonic filter setting because with that size of enclosure you probably could have broken the sub at any frequency with that power.

Take a pic of the old mdf or old boxes so we can see what your working with.

Sounds like partical board to me!!!

Maybe it's just where your buying it?

that box doesnt like like 11-12 cubes.

thats a box not the wall. thats why it doesnt look like 12 cubes cause its only 4.5 iirc. the wall which is in a diff pic is. anyways the wood was bought from home depot iirc. the wood at menards was waaaay worse when i went to check it out so i had to go there fro it. and yeah even after pre drilling the holes it split in a few spots but mostly in places that didnt need much strength.

in that pic it looks like it may ave been hiting the seat so it might of had a bad start when you putit into the wall. but the 11+ cubes didnt help :( anyway go to lowes there wood isnt to bad.

when putting a box together dont screw close to the ends ie stay 2-3in away or it will split. problem solved!

i will keep that in mind with the screws and all on the next box.. and it wasnt hitting the seat. i had more than a hands width between the seat and surround at full excursion. thats why there is that .75" recess in the wall.

Try using titebond 2 for ur wood glue. It's alot easier to work with then liquId nail and is very strong.

in that pic it looks like it may ave been hiting the seat so it might of had a bad start when you putit into the wall. but the 11+ cubes didnt help :( anyway go to lowes there wood isnt to bad.

Im sure he checked this before he started with the foam and everything...