ABXX49

Ryan J's build log

Start the madness tonight sir.

So far all I have done is the Big2. Pictures of that tonight and of all my equipment I currently have. (Plus the game plan.)

Start the madness tonight sir.

So far all I have done is the Big2. Pictures of that tonight and of all my equipment I currently have. (Plus the game plan.)

Welcome to the Big 2 club as well, wont finish it up till i get a HO Alternator. Im watching this like late breaking news. :popcorn:

I'm trying to get pictures uploaded. My computer won't recognize my SD card.

And so it begins...

I bought a 2005 Ford Ranger back in December and decided since I finally have a solid vehicle that I trust, that I'm going to do my big SQ install.

gallery_3622_394_242865.jpg

Although this is a low power system, I decided to do the Big3 anyways. I have yet to do the engine block to chassis, so I'm only at the Big2.

gallery_3622_394_22947.jpg

New battery terminals from KnuKonceptz.

gallery_3622_394_290752.jpg

Additional ground from battery to chassis.

gallery_3622_394_717112.jpg

I've read many different opinions on whether or not to fuse the power wire, but I figure that it can't hurt.

gallery_3622_394_597226.jpg

gallery_3622_394_233224.jpg

The new power wire coming off of the alternator.

gallery_3622_394_418643.jpg

gallery_3622_394_74137.jpg

SDS Mass Loaded Vinyl

gallery_3622_394_275373.jpg

SDS Closed Cell Foam

gallery_3622_394_828788.jpg

Box of wires and fuses.

gallery_3622_394_446321.jpg

Sundown 100.2 and 50.4. I plan on upgrading the 50.4 in the future, so if anyone has a 100.4 the don't want..;)

gallery_3622_394_592351.jpg

And a whole bunch of SDS CLD tiles!

gallery_3622_394_723080.jpg

I also have a Eclipse 8454 ( I think) that I purchased off of our very own Mr. ///m5. Forgot to take pictures of that, but there will be some.

*M5 Edit*

eclipseon.jpg

Nice! Keep them pics a coming!

Tomorrow, my buddy is coming over to do a little of the sound deadener. Our goal for tomorrow is to get the rear wall, and the sides of the access cab done. Maybe more if we're lucky!

how do you like those terminals?

i haven't had good experiences with mine...

My only real complaint is that I would like the one hole to be a little bit larger. Other than that I haven't found anything I don't like. Keep in mind that I've only been using them for a week too! :P

Good luck, I'm excited to see how it turns out.

My only real complaint is that I would like the one hole to be a little bit larger. Other than that I haven't found anything I don't like. Keep in mind that I've only been using them for a week too! :P

ive stripped both of my tightening screws... they never seemed tight enough, always were able to be wiggled a couple days after they were "secure". just had to replace the screws with different ones i had lying around

I've been doing sound deadening for the past 2 days. I have pictures, but I'm waiting until I finish it tomorrow and do all the pictures at once. What a noticeable difference in the acoustics in my truck. I can't stress how important this step is for anyone doing a stereo.

Pictures tomorrow! (maybe Monday)

I finished the access cab and the rear wall today. The pictures of everything are on my buddies camera, so whenever he gets them freaking sent to me I'll be putting them up! If the weather is nice on Tuesday, I'll probably finish the floor!

Again, I can not emphasize HOW important this is to any stereo. Most of my noise comes from the road, so I can't imagine how much better it's going to be after that!

(All of my vehicles will be deadened from here on out, even if I'm not doing a stereo.)

is that an 8volt out deck??

is that an 8volt out deck??

Yes sir. :)

sexy deadener!

Alright.

I've got a few pictures at the moment. Only the doors so far, but he'll be sending the rest in a bit.

2hcncr5.jpg

25p1y4k.jpg

mc7wr6.jpg

n366mf.jpg

2mgjdcp.jpg

Refitment was a PITA. I would say we had to trim the CCF and MLV 3-4 times. Our fault. It's our first time deadening. :P

The large hole in this picture (and a couple of the smaller ones) are open. They have nothing going into them.

2hcncr5.jpg

Should I seal those, and if the answer is yes, with what technique? Chances are I will be running a Seas ER18 as the mid.