ABXX49

Ryan J's build log

You Sir do VERY CLEAN work. I always love seeing someone taking thier time with the thinking and planning, AS the pateince shows in the final product.

I will be tuned in. (I have been since you started)smile.gif

I cant believe you started this without me...talk about ruining a grown mans life. looking good buddy. keep up the good work

Well the fans and magnets won't be here for 5-10 days, and I can't do anything until then. :)

You Sir do VERY CLEAN work. I always love seeing someone taking thier time with the thinking and planning, AS the pateince shows in the final product.

I will be tuned in. (I have been since you started)smile.gif

Thanks Jay, I've been watching yours too! I've got some really neat stuff planned for this one, so make sure you don't turn your head!

Sadly i wont be home within the next two weekends so you'll have to keep productive without me unfortunately. Did you get the speakers and stuff ordered yet? I'm eager to get home simply to work on the build

I CAN'T wait to hear what you think of the Eclipse HU? I will probably try one in my next build.trink40.gif

I won't be missing a thing in your build as I spend most of my time on SSA in the build logs.

I LOVE SSA!!!wub.gif

Sadly i wont be home within the next two weekends so you'll have to keep productive without me unfortunately. Did you get the speakers and stuff ordered yet? I'm eager to get home simply to work on the build

I haven't. I need to get the floor done and the amps mounted first. I can't use those speakers without the amplifiers and I can't use the amplifiers with out the new HU it. And I can't have music until I have the amps in if I put the new HU in...lol

So it's going to be a big all at once thing once the floor gets done.

I CAN'T wait to hear what you think of the Eclipse HU? I will probably try one in my next build.trink40.gif

I won't be missing a thing in your build as I spend most of my time on SSA in the build logs.

I LOVE SSA!!!wub.gif

It might be tough to find one like mine used. Luckily, m5 had one used. I'll have reviews on EVERYTHING once the whole system is done.

Okay, got a little more done today. These pieces are NOT glued down. I need to wait for my fans before I glue anymore.

9k7db4.jpg

52bf35.jpg

Note to all box builders: Never throw away your scraps! I've made this ENTIRE thing out of scraps I had left over from my entertainment center. The top, as seen above, is four separate pieces that are all cut to the same size. They'll be held down by Titebond and brad nails with a common support beam running all the way across the back on the bottom of the overhang.

Perhaps you don't want to glue, what happens if a fan pukes?

After those are glued down, I'm cutting a hole in the top large enough to put the amps in. Then I'm building another panel to cover that which will be held down with magnets.

EDIT: Spelling error.

Going to pull some old case fans and get my front panel done until my new fans come in.

I got the left side of the front done. I have to go to work now, but will finish the right side and the top panels tonight. Pics to come soon!

Should have told me... i have multiple 80mm and 120mm brand new case fans sitting in a box :\

Should have told me... i have multiple 80mm and 120mm brand new case fans sitting in a box :\

Ugh. That would have been convenient had I had these plans of fans earlier. I would have had you bring them up...lol

Ugh. That would have been convenient had I had these plans of fans earlier. I would have had you bring them up...lol

I honestly have like 10.... all black, very quiet. whooooops

Good progress made in the past two days. Pictures in a bit.

Okay, long over due:

nod08i.jpg

mk8a6x.jpg

281ylc2.jpg

28hzh2w.jpg

142amhz.jpg

i21440.jpg

1rbspd.jpg

And this is where I'm routing my wires through:

23k5dg8.jpg

Tonight I also got covers for the amp holes made. I also rounded off the corners on some of the sides. No pics of either yet, as I'm not completely happy with them.

Nice Ryan! I love the T-nuts being used! :)

Nice Ryan! I love the T-nuts being used! :)

I use them for everything :P Helps when you have a Fast N All down the road!

Which fans will you be using?

They are 80mm Coolermaster case fans for PC's. I'll be wiring them up to my remote wire with a relay so when the amps kick on, so do the fans. I was going to use a temperature sensitive controller, but decided to save the cost.

ok, im a noob, but where is this false floor gonna be mounted in the truck cab? like under the seats?? behind the seats? :ehh: